13" Batgirl and Classic Batman released this week

Phillip

Just picked up the new 13" DC Direct Batgirl and Classic Batman. The paint on the faces was a little sloppy. Batgirl has a blue paint spot on her nose. Her yellow boots look somewhat tattered where the bat design is on the boot front. The underside of Batmans nose looks bad. Poor painting. Luckily, you can't tell by directly looking from the top front. For the most part, the figures look good. I guess if I was very picky, I could have told my specialty shop dealer to return them for different ones. I don't know if the new ones would be any better. What does Diamond or DC Direct do in circumstances like these? These figures are probably considered normal under DC Direct standards. What do you guys think. The next time you go by the store to pick up a figure and the paint job is sloppy, do you accept it or ask the store to return it and reorder a new one.

I hated the fact the this repaint Batman gets better accessories than the first release.

I got a cool black/grey Batman with tons of crappy batarangs which I dont think Batman will ever use. The only good one was the one which was also in the Classic Batman , the fold Batarang.

I don't really like the Shinny blue on the classic batman. Batgirl doesn't look as good as I thought.

Won't have my Classic Batman and Batgirl until Tuesday or so....they are enroute now. From the pics I've seen online, I think that DCD should NOT use shiney material for their boots. Also, Batgirls boots look a little too big for her - not form fitting at the top.

I'm still a little miffed about the whole "variant" Batgirl thing and the rooted hair crap. Stick with sculpted hair so the line remains consistant!

I was very underwhelmed by my first purchase of nightwing......... I am scared about the Batgirl........ wait Jase, did she always have rooted hair?? Or was that a last minute change deal??

Draven

Both the regular and "variant" Batgirl were solicited with sculpted hair. At some point (maybe SDCC?) the variant was shown with rooted hair, which led to speculation that DCD would include two heads with each Batgirl, giving collectors a choice. No such luck. After seeing pics, I want the variant black suit but the sculpted hair from the regular version which means I need to buy both to make one that I like. @grumpy@

Nobody knew whether it would be sculpted or rooted hair until they were actually released....typical lack of communication by DCD!

Brian, what was wrong with Nightwing?

Just broke down and ordered the variant Batgirl as well.....might as well have every figure they've released in the line. Now I'll be able to display the Batgirl that I want! Black costume with sculpted hair. :D

That means that I've spent $260 on DC Direct 13" figures this month alone. Yikes!

It's a line I would invest in over DCSH if I had a hefty fortune to spend. $60 apiece kills their completibility. I might get Power Girl though.

The 13" line is my favorite line! Power Girl is next.....first week of January!

I was very underwhelmed by my first purchase of nightwing......... I am scared about the Batgirl........ wait Jase, did she always have rooted hair?? Or was that a last minute change deal??

Draven

Both the regular and "variant" Batgirl were solicited with sculpted hair. At some point (maybe SDCC?) the variant was shown with rooted hair, which led to speculation that DCD would include two heads with each Batgirl, giving collectors a choice. No such luck. After seeing pics, I want the variant black suit but the sculpted hair from the regular version which means I need to buy both to make one that I like. @grumpy@

Nobody knew whether it would be sculpted or rooted hair until they were actually released....typical lack of communication by DCD!

Now that is crap!! I wanted to try and get a blk version at some point, but not now most likely. As far as Nightwing. Its not that he is bad, it's just I guess I was expecting more.......... the head is kinda bad and the hands...... I hate the hands!! lol But I have not opened him yet, so maybe I will change my mind soon. I am glad to hear that the regular BG has sculpted hair at least.

Draven

Hmm. One of the things that made me cave to buy the variant Batgirl was the rooted hair. I thought it looked a lot better. It has more "flair" to it.

Jase - How did you manage to "break down and order the variant Batgirl as well?" Is there some secret site you have to hit up in order to get the variant Batgirl? It look me forever to manage and preorder one and I had to preorder the freakin' regular & variant Batgirl from BBTS when I only want the variant.

Hmm. One of the things that made me cave to buy the variant Batgirl was the rooted hair. I thought it looked a lot better. It has more "flair" to it.

Jase - How did you manage to "break down and order the variant Batgirl as well?" Is there some secret site you have to hit up in order to get the variant Batgirl? It look me forever to manage and preorder one and I had to preorder the freakin' regular & variant Batgirl from BBTS when I only want the variant.

I ordered it from an eBay comic shop.....over $100 after shipping for just the variant! The regular Batgirl and Batman were preordered through my usual online source, AlterEgo Comics. I scoured the web looking for an online store to order just the variant and came up with nothing....so I found an eBay store that had only one. In hindsight, I should've ordered the two Batgirls and Batman from BBTS this time. Probably would've saved me some $$$.

The main reason why I don't want the females to have rooted hair is that I want the line to be consistant....all the males and females should have sculpted hair to give a uniform appearance. Personal preference....

Draven

Now that is crap!! I wanted to try and get a blk version at some point, but not now most likely. As far as Nightwing. Its not that he is bad, it's just I guess I was expecting more.......... the head is kinda bad and the hands...... I hate the hands!! lol But I have not opened him yet, so maybe I will change my mind soon. I am glad to hear that the regular BG has sculpted hair at least.

Draven

I'm thinking about removing the bands from Nightwing's ankles and wrists. IMO, they are too big....and after seeing a picture of him sans the bands, I think it's a big improvement!

Good point. This will be my first 13" figure (or ...figure"s" since I have to buy both of them) in the DC 13" line.

Wow. Yeah that's a big load of $$, but the price fits considering how hard DC made it to obtain the figure. Kinda crazy.

Ahh well...I guess it could have ended up being a con exclusive or something. Yikes.

I pre-ordered this Batman, but it still hasn't come in. . .oh, the wait. On a related note, I saw in an interview with Toyfare that Robin is getting a "teen" body. Anybody else excited about some more possible 13 inch Teen Titans? Kid Flash and Speedy would kick all kinds of ass. And I would definitely be down for an upgraded GL figure, if that's what they are hinting at here:

http://www.wizarduniverse.com/magazine/toyfare/006353919.cfm

Draven

Draven

I'm thinking about removing the bands from Nightwing's ankles and wrists. IMO, they are too big....and after seeing a picture of him sans the bands, I think it's a big improvement!

Hmm ok I will look into that too when I get mine opened finally. Though it's the gummy bendie hand thing that bothers me the most. I would prefer them to just have two sets of hands like Sideshow. One molded to hold the weapons and the others as fists/neutral

As far as the rooted hair........ I HATE it on my figures!!! And the fact that none have it, bother me also.

Draven

Draven

Draven

Hmm ok I will look into that too when I get mine opened finally. Though it's the gummy bendie hand thing that bothers me the most. I would prefer them to just have two sets of hands like Sideshow. One molded to hold the weapons and the others as fists/neutral

As far as the rooted hair........ I HATE it on my figures!!! And the fact that none have it, bother me also.

Draven

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of those bendy hands either. At least the women are being released with different sculpted hands so that they can hold their weapons. Catwoman has some nice claw hands. :)

Ahh man. It sure looks good on the MOTU She-Ra exclusive.

Of course....it makes a lot of sense that it would be on She-Ra.

O M G ! Your going to remove these figures from the original packages? Esp the variant Batgirl! W@W! If I ever get my hands on that variant, it will remain in the package, just like the rest!

Draven

Draven

Draven

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of those bendy hands either. At least the women are being released with different sculpted hands so that they can hold their weapons. Catwoman has some nice claw hands. :)

That is cool to know that the females do not have the gummy hands!! Thanks for letting me know! :) I do think one of my issues with Dick is, the fact his base body is to big, aka muscular. I know it's the same base as the other males but he should be a little smaller imo.

Draven

Well I opened him. Liked him a lot better than I thought I would. But I still can't get over the gummy hands, so his sticks stay on his back and I have him gripping a batarang. I also still think he is to buff, but the over all quality is nice!

Draven

O M G ! Your going to remove these figures from the original packages? Esp the variant Batgirl! W@W! If I ever get my hands on that variant, it will remain in the package, just like the rest!

Boring! Lack of oxygen makes for an unhappy figure! @smilepunch@

*whew*

I knew that my Batman and Batgirl were supposed to be delivered today. Imagine my horror when there was no mail in my mailbox! After checking it multiple times, I finally gave up assuming it would show up tomorrow instead. Then the new neighbor from across the street knocked on the door and ALL of my mail was put in their box, including the key to the package locker with my Batman & Batgirl package! Thank God they are honest people......damn Post Office!

Batman is just about perfection - a dream come true! Batgirl had a couple of issues but she's still in my top 5 favs of the line. One of her boot zippers won't zip all the way up....afraid to push it too far for fear of breaking it. Her head is too loose....almost like a bobble head! I like the sculpted hair - can't wait to get the variant tomorrow or early next week to swap the heads and see how she looks in black.

Both figures have excellent paint apps, bat symbols look perfect, overall really nice additions to my collection! A big thanks to DCD for making these two classic figures.

I just can't get enough of this line! Next up is Powergirl in a month!