Watched all extended versions back to back

Conflictuniverse

• 2 weeks later...

well...i am older wiser and i survived the marathon. some parts were hard to get through and dragged but that happens with any movie...especially when you know the good stuff is coming haha

it really is great to watch them all at once. watching them with your kids would def be a great bonding time. i plan to do that with my neices and nephews once they get older.

• 9 months later...

With a renewed interest in Lord of the Rings in general lately, I sat through The Fellowship of the Ring last night. I think I still prefer the theatrical version, but it's interesting to see things that weren't originally in it.

Considering I just got a 50" plasma not too long ago, I am really looking forward to watching the extended marathon movies. (so much better than the original lord of the rings cartoon/live action movie from way back when lol). [i do still like the hobbit from back then]. I've gotten a renewed LOTR interest too as of recently. I got the cd radio drama set of 9 cds I listen to on the drive to and from work, and have been playing lord of the rings online as of late. I already have the hobbit on cassettes and know that was good so I had to jump on the lord of rings set, especially considering the price.I've only been playing the trial to see how LOTRO is, and my girlfriend and I were abled to find the collectors edition through amazon.com for fairly cheap. Also I just saw there is an expansion coming out the same time around wows expansion. I haven't heard much about it (mines of moria) but can't wait to get it. I dug out my lotr figure collection and set them up, and am still amazed at the detail that went into them, but am a little sad that my cave trolls lifelike skin on his face is starting to peel alittle and is looking odd.

But again back to the movies, I am anticipating watching the movies again, not sure if it will be all at once ( I would like it to be of course), but I am waiting until I've listened to the whole radio drama first. It's nice listening to it like that, but it is missing the epicness of the movies, especially the balrog scene. The movies were totally awesome. I can't wait for the hobbit. I am glad that they decided to do it in two parts.

• 5 weeks later...

I'm actually watching The Two Towers right now. I'm actually going backwards, I watched The Last King a couple of weeks ago and felt like throwing in TTT tonight.

The last time I watched all three back to back to back was about nine months ago when I moved into my new apartment. I developed this weird tradition of watching all three LOTR films whenever I move into a new apartment.

Well I gotta change to the second disc now...

• 4 weeks later...
I watched one a day and they were great!!! I couldn't talk my oldest into watching them again!!!

I've wanted to do this, watch all three films back to back, so I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who would enjoy it. Maybe over the Christmas break I'll attempt it. I'm still collecting the figures too, LOTR fans are still around!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Yes, my father, brother and I went to the store and gt us some serious sangwich fixin's and spent the day swillin brew and taking in the movie. I say 'movie' because it's really not a trilogy but rather three parts of one long flick.

Awsome.

Woke up, wathced a movie and went to bed for the night.

Yes, my father, brother and I went to the store and gt us some serious sangwich fixin's and spent the day swillin brew and taking in the movie. I say 'movie' because it's really not a trilogy but rather three parts of one long flick.

Awsome.

Woke up, wathced a movie and went to bed for the night.

Did you watch the regular versions or the extended ones?

• 5 months later...

Last winter I was sick with the flu and I watched all three. It took me about 15 hours. I had to have a few bathroom break, since I was sick I took a nap in between.

Chopz

• 4 weeks later...

The Hobbit is actually going to be made into two movies, so that could tack at least 4 more hours on, maybe more like 5. And then they could make at least one more movie out of The Silmarillion.

I can't wait for the Hobbit, I think that will seriously rule.

I say, watch it in chunks. 13 hours in one sitting is too much for me!

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone ever noticed that people who like the LOTR movies tend to really love them and the people that don't like them tend to REALLY hate them?

The few people I know that don't like the movies, absolutely HATE them. I never got it cuz I thought it was one of the greatest film trilogies ever made.

I did sit through them all in one day before, and you wouldn't think one could get exhausted by simply watching a few movies, but I gotta tell ya' my brains felt like scrambled eggs afterward.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

whenever I set out to watch the extended edition, I lose steam during the first half of the Two Towers and never finish.

I watched all 3 movies a few months after Return of the King came out on DVD. It's almost as exhausting as watching all 6 Star Wars movies back to back.

I could never do all six Star Wars...the original trilogy back to back, yes.

One movie set I could do all in a row...ROCKY!

I try and watch the LOTR saga at least once a year. It's so awesome.

Other trilogies/sagas I've 'marathoned':

Pirates of the Caribbean

Matrix

Aliens

I havent done DieHard, Indiana Jones, Batman, or Superman. And the big one: 007.

• 11 months later...

With a renewed interest in Lord of the Rings in general lately, I sat through The Fellowship of the Ring last night. I think I still prefer the theatrical version, but it's interesting to see things that weren't originally in it.

I think the extended editions far outclass the theatricals, but particularly for FOTR and TT. Interestingly enough, the main benefit to those EE's is the partial redemption of the brothers Boromir and Faramir (respectively).

Boromir gets more post-ring-loss redemption in FOTR extended, and Faramir has a couple of lines that make him seem far less like a douchebag and much more the way Tolkien intended him (which was to say, vastly morally superior, with a spirit akin to the Dunedain and/or Elvish nobility)