First star to be cast for GI Joe movie is. . .

GGPiKE

Sienna Miller !!!!! @jump# @congrats@ :D #US1# @yipee@ @horse@ @razz@

:unsure:

Umm . . . maybe it's that I don't keep up with hollywood and movies too much. But, who the heck is she? Don't get me wrong, I'm all for actors and actresses that aren't associated with big movies and big roles to come into the GIJoe franchise. But am I supposed to have heard of her, or for that matter, any of her movies?

http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/2007/...nna_miller.html

I almost would have liked her better as Scarlett......but who am I to complain.......other sites are reporting her to be the Baroness. She's English too.....at least she'll have some type of accent.

Yea, looking at her now . . . and maybe it's her being English, she fits the "European" look and I can definitely see her as Baroness. She's a cutie, so I'll be happy to look at her in whatever role she plays. Let's just hope that her acting is on par with her looks!

I hope they stick with this NON high profile, Hollywood celeb, formula for the entire cast. The more obscure and fresh on the scene...the BETTER!

Just like Star Wars....who the hell was Hamill, Ford or Fisher? They were none other than Luke Skywalker, Han Solo and Princess Leia (sp?) ...to ME!! ^_^

Having no other recollection of them, from another role or portrayal, I feel they become the characters so much better and convincingly, it's easier to get into them as the character, rather than seeing some super star ACTING as the character we love so much. Forget the high profile FAMOUS idiots out there, and give a big break, coming out role, to a newbie on the scene.

They'll give it all they GOT, and appreciate it more.

Just my thinking on it of course. ;)

I like this Baroness selection.

I don't care how famous anyone is as long as they can act and pull off the character. Like Johnny Depp playing Jack Sparrow or Mickey Rourke as Marv in Sin City. When actors play a part that well you can forget who they are in real life.

Well...given the amount of special makeup or disguise a particular "character" requires (like the 2 you mentioned) can certainly help in letting that actor get into the character (itself) and make it come to life, even above and beyond the acting ability of the star.

Depp and Rourke are definitely good actors, although Rourke is probably the more one-dimensional of the two, in that he seems like the same guy, same personality in most his roles nowadays (with Marv being almost a perfect match for him) but even with good acting, it's sometimes hard to get into a character if they go with the "ALL-STAR CAST" bull pucky.

There are cases too when an actor is too big and they want to change a character into themselves rather than them changing into the character.

I doubt that an entire all star cast would work with at all. There are not enough professional and good actors to pull that off. I think one or two big names could work but it would just depend on who they were. I'd like to see at least a few somewhat well known actors appear in the Joe film.