New MIXED cases

CLAM

I stopped at several Targets on the way home from a road trip and spotted an odd mix of figures at three stores.

the figures I spotted at these stores (already on the shelf, so I can't tell what exactly ships in the case):

Lady Jaye

Buzzer

Beachhead

Cobra Trooper

Firefly

Serpentor

Shipwreck (anchor)

Zartan (color changing label)

Stalker (dark)

Flint

one store had a lot of figures, with 2 flints.... another had only 8 figures (I can't remember who exactly) with 1 Flint.

so anyhow.... Flint is shipping with new cases of assortment 2 or 3.... good news for folks like me who never found him the first time

must be nice to have ANY single packs AT ALL, my area hasnt had any since wave 1 and none since.

I stopped at several Targets on the way home from a road trip and spotted an odd mix of figures at three stores.

the figures I spotted at these stores (already on the shelf, so I can't tell what exactly ships in the case):

Lady Jaye

Buzzer

Beachhead

Cobra Trooper

Firefly

Serpentor

Shipwreck (anchor)

Zartan (color changing label)

Stalker (dark)

Flint

one store had a lot of figures, with 2 flints.... another had only 8 figures (I can't remember who exactly) with 1 Flint.

so anyhow.... Flint is shipping with new cases of assortment 2 or 3.... good news for folks like me who never found him the first time

I can confirm a strange assortment of figures, as I stopped by several Targets in my area today to check on things.

First store:

2- Firefly

2- Beachhead

1- Zartan w/ logo (but it was a sticker applique... new variant?)

1- Stalker in green camo

1- Buzzer

Next store:

2- Beachhead

1- Buzzer

1- the same Storm shadow that's been there 3 weeks now

Next store:

2- Lady Jaye

1- Buzzer

1- Serpentor

I must have missed these by at least a day, as it looks like some uninformed mothers bought christmas presents for their kids... cause they passed on what I considered the most desireable figs.

The Zartan threw me for a loop. I grabbed it because I saw the logo, but later in the car, I noticed it was a sticker! My others, which were 1st releast wave 3, are printed right on the card.

No Flint though... so maybe those uninformed mothers actually do know what they're shopping for. Or it's our local scalpers.

question now is, did they fix the known factory error this time around and given him gloves?

That was a factory error? I hadn't heard that. I thought it was just Hasbro being cheap by reusing the Duke arms.

THAT IS WHAT IT WAS! HASBRO JUST REUSIN THE DUKE ARMS AND THAT WOULDN'T BE FIXED I BELIEVE!

WELL I SOLD ONE OF MY FLINTS ON THE BAY AND GOT $42 WORTH IT FOR ME LOL.

Holy crap If I had known they were so valuable I would have sold my flint on ebay. Seriously these figs look like crap to me.

Early on I passed on a flint even and bought a hooded CC instead... LOL

question now is, did they fix the known factory error this time around and given him gloves?

That was a factory error? I hadn't heard that. I thought it was just Hasbro being cheap by reusing the Duke arms.

THAT IS WHAT IT WAS! HASBRO JUST REUSIN THE DUKE ARMS AND THAT WOULDN'T BE FIXED I BELIEVE!

So the question still stands. Was it a factory error or was Hasbro being cheap?

The phrase "factory error" implies that there were different arms/ hands sculpted for the Flint figure but were not used due to some mix up at the factory.

Hasbro INTENTIONALLY using the Duke arms/hands, however, is NOT a factory error. That would be a conscious decision.

The only reason I question this is because if Hasbro does have another set of arms/ hands that were supposed to be part of the Flint figure, then perhaps it is something that will be fixed on a later Flint figures since the design/ tooling for them already exists.

My guess is that it wasn't a factory error at all and indeed the Flint we got is what Hasbro intended.

So the question still stands. Was it a factory error or was Hasbro being cheap?

The phrase "factory error" implies that there were different arms/ hands sculpted for the Flint figure but were not used due to some mix up at the factory.

Hasbro INTENTIONALLY using the Duke arms/hands, however, is NOT a factory error. That would be a conscious decision.

The only reason I question this is because if Hasbro does have another set of arms/ hands that were supposed to be part of the Flint figure, then perhaps it is something that will be fixed on a later Flint figures since the design/ tooling for them already exists.

My guess is that it wasn't a factory error at all and indeed the Flint we got is what Hasbro intended.

He was originally supposed to have gloves, as seen in the first airbrushed pics released. But something happened at the factory, and they didn't have the gloved hands there and used the regular Duke hands for him.

original pic w/ gloves...

http://i.toynewsi.com/g/index.php?mode=vie...00&start=40