More KOs on the way!

Rodimus Primal

Unfortunately the high price has kept me away from these but as I've said before I HAVE TO HAVE that Sunstreaker! It's probably the only way we'll ever get him too.

I hope they also release him in the pre-TF red color so I can actually get one true to what the one I had as a kid was.

being KOs as well with all the recent fus about toys lately I have to wonder just how safe these toys are... Seems like more and more products out there are being found to have bad stuff in em since the mattel car thing! Heck its been found out that most of us have bad stuff in us as well already just from day to day life!

I really only get knock offs when they are really different from the orginals. For instance I just bought a bunch of clear cassette tapes (rumble and laserbeaks) If I want one that looks like the orginal I rather have the orginal. That being said I might make a exception for Wheeljack and Sunstreaker if the price is at least somewhat reasonable. (50-60 shipped)

I'm gonna have to try one of these out to check the quality. If you can truly get a mint original for the same price, I'd rather have that, but it seems like it'd be quite a hassle if you want one that actually is mint...

being KOs as well with all the recent fus about toys lately I have to wonder just how safe these toys are... Seems like more and more products out there are being found to have bad stuff in em since the mattel car thing!

Meh, who cares. People collect toy soldiers made of lead all the time. Just don't put 'em in your mouth.

the dinobot ones look pretty cheaply made, and I still can't believe the prices, its crazy!

these toys sold for like what 10 15 bucks new back in the day? these aren't originals from the 80's, these are brand new counterfiet copies, they shouldn't be anymore then 10 to 15 bucks.

I'm glad to know I got my Sunstreaker long ago, but when these new ko's show up, I dislike that it makes mine less rare.

yours is still rare, these are exactly what they are, knock offs.

the dinobot ones look pretty cheaply made, and I still can't believe the prices, its crazy!

these toys sold for like what 10 15 bucks new back in the day? these aren't originals from the 80's, these are brand new counterfiet copies, they shouldn't be anymore then 10 to 15 bucks.

Well you just know they're relying heavily on the fact that this is probably the ONLY way anyone will ever see these figs again and they're milking them for what they're worth.

The one argument in their favor that's hard to dispute is that on all of these figures a MISB one would cost hundreds of dollars as opposed to what they're charging. Still, it's too high. But there's a few I might not be able to pass up.

I'm glad to know I got my Sunstreaker long ago, but when these new ko's show up, I dislike that it makes mine less rare.

I think that's the most common fear and I wouldn't worry at all about that.

It will always be possible to easily tell an original from these repros. The repro figs I'm sure had to rub out any of the trademark stamps so right there is a biggie.

As for how to tell if it's MISB, there's plenty of rather obvious differences which should make them easy to spot for those who know what to look for.

Besides that, originals will always rule. The age they come from is just as much of a reason for owning the figure than the figure itself.

You can add Metroplex to that list! Which is actually being made from a completely different company then the current KO company

No pictures yet though of the upcoming Metroplex

Could this new KO competition drive down prices?

SO how exactly cheap was the quality of yours TRUESTYLE? I find it interesting that they want to sell these as if they are the real deal.

my knock off of mirage ........ well........ i wouldnt of known it was a KO if i didnt already know better. dies cast parts, chrome, stickers are in fantastic shape/color,. missles and guns - everything is like G1 except the tires ( wich are rubber and very nice too ) the instructions wee like g1 nd the box itself was like wow. if the same place is making the dino bots and wheeljack/ susntreaker i'd buy them if i could find a deal like my mirage! honestly, switch the tires around and call it a g1!!!! EVEN STAMPED TAKARA 1984 OR W/E!!!!!!!!!

now the cassette tapes i bought are JUNK, but everyone else seems to like theres? maybe i bought a bad batch or froma differnt place?

Whoever's making these is price fixing them. Selling to stores for way above production cost for a massive profit because they now know there's a strong market. And in my experience these aren't 100% perfect anyway. Prime is a floppy mess, there are a lot of fragility reports, chroming issues, and the 2 tapes I got were solid plastic(of which was a step above a saltine cracker in terms of how easy they are to break). I wouldn't buy anymore of these unless the price dropped to 1/3 what they are now.

Whoever's making these is price fixing them. Selling to stores for way above production cost for a massive profit because they now know there's a strong market. And in my experience these aren't 100% perfect anyway. Prime is a floppy mess, there are a lot of fragility reports, chroming issues, and the 2 tapes I got were solid plastic(of which was a step above a saltine cracker in terms of how easy they are to break). I wouldn't buy anymore of these unless the price dropped to 1/3 what they are now.

All the cassettes I got are fantastic save for the weak stickers. Then again, I got them with metal parts so perhaps that makes all the difference. No plastic issues to speak of though.

Even if they were, I'm pretty gentle with them so I usually don't break anything anyway.

It could be that these people are simply cranking them out as fast as they can before some impending legal actions are finally able to stop them. It wouldn't surprise me to eventually see these molds back in the hands of Hasbro/Takara but I think it will still be awhile yet.

It could also be that they're looking to make as much as they can with them in as little time possible before selling the molds back.

I just wish Hasbro would address this issue and let us know if and what is being done about any of this, and if there is nothing they can do, let us know why. I know they're being kinda careful as to not give people cause to buy them, but if they already know there is probably no chance of them ever regaining these molds I wish we could know.

You don't have to love them, but they are just as nice looking as the originals and for those who want minty fresh ones even these bloated prices are better than paying more than double that price to get a MISB original.

It's not perfect, but at least it's an option.

These KO's are reverse engineered, the company even said so themselves, they are NOT the original molds Takara nor Hasbro used back in the day.

these new KO's like mirage, the dinobots, metroplex, binaltech KO's, even repro parts, etc, are all made the same way by taking an original toy and just reverse engineering to make their own molds, its actually a rather simple process. I've seen it done first hand, and done properly with the right materials, can get 99% identical molds to the originals.

The tapes I own have sharper sculped detail than any of the legit versions, but the cheap paper stickers are disintegrating and the plastic stickers weren't cut right. All the metal is replaced with plastic on my set. And the toys feel really light, a combo of gutting the metal and using lighter plastic.

Prime sits in truck mode as he's too floppy to do anything with.