US Masterpiece Starscream

Dark_Lord_Prime

Before I even got MP SS, I was planning to paint the nosecone blue and remove some of the "carbon scoring" and the silver paint on his engine cover flaps.

Shortly before he showed up here, someone posted at TFans that he'd discovered the nosecone is ALREADY BLUE (same as the tail fins) under that silver paint!

So, I finally got my Starscream and proceeded to dismantle his legs so as to remove the silver and black paint apps, as well as the nosecone. Leg pieces came clean with a minimum of fuss, but the paint on the nosecone was pretty stubborn, and I ended up scuffing the blue plastic in the process, so I ended up going over it with Testors Transparent Blue Gloss spray-paint. The tip of the cone has a ring that I couldn't get the silver out of, but it ended up having a nice effect after the transparent blue dried. :)

And now, teh pics! :D

First, this was the first pic I took of him after taking him out of his box. I much prefer keeping the tail pieces attached to his calves, so that's how they'll stay.

DSCF0252.jpg

And here's jet mode, all cleaned up with a gorgeous blue nosecone, and repainted jamming dish assembly (which I damaged the paint on slightly while reattaching the cone). :D

DSCF0254.jpg

DSCF0255.jpg

DSCF0256.jpg

looks alot better with the tail attached to his legs and not dangling behind him. could 1 use 3M wax and grease removier to remove the silver off the bak of the plane by the rear??// i used it on ALT skids to remove the orange wheels on the sides with ease...... hmmmmmmmmm

looks alot better with the tail attached to his legs and not dangling behind him. could 1 use 3M wax and grease removier to remove the silver off the bak of the plane by the rear??// i used it on ALT skids to remove the orange wheels on the sides with ease...... hmmmmmmmmm

I dunno. I used Testors Brush Cleaner. The "carbon scoring" paint apps came off pretty easily with that, but the silver on the engine flaps and nosecone took considerable effort.

So did the flaming Xes on Skids, for that matter.. stupid stuff leaked between panels and mucked up the paint on his crotch and thighs, too, which I had to touch up afterward. @hmmm@

I may have to look into this wax and grease remover... where would I find it?

I dunno. I used Testors Brush Cleaner. The "carbon scoring" paint apps came off pretty easily with that, but the silver on the engine flaps and nosecone took considerable effort.

So did the flaming Xes on Skids, for that matter.. stupid stuff leaked between panels and mucked up the paint on his crotch and thighs, too, which I had to touch up afterward. @hmmm@

I may have to look into this wax and grease remover... where would I find it?

i get it at walmart, i use it on cars before striping them. you can aslo get it in a liquid form too, but thats overkill for these little "toys" the orange on skids came of easily. just spray a rag till wet, then start wiping it clean. i may try it on my MP ss. soon, but im out of spray and dont wanna use the liquid form on it. may be to much