Hulk Smash Marvel Select!

JayC

Sooooo....

That's it? It's just a generic Hulk figure? Not based on any current or classic storyline? Just another big angry green guy in purple pants that Toy Biz and Hasbro give us by the truckload.

Oooookay.

Yeah, I agree. I mean we already have the difinitive version of the Hulk from the Face-Off series and we have 2 Hulk waves coming out next year. WTF? Between this and the zombies, MS has fallen off lately. It's a shame, 'cause they'd been churning out some nice figs like the Watcher, Memphisto and the Brood/Skrull 2 pack not all that long ago.

Sooooo....

That's it? It's just a generic Hulk figure? Not based on any current or classic storyline? Just another big angry green guy in purple pants that Toy Biz and Hasbro give us by the truckload.

Oooookay.

And sadly, I'll be buying him....I just won't be able to resist another Hulk figure. I'm so bad I ended up picking up the Zombie Hulk Saturday even though I know nothing about it and was never really interested in him but alas I caved, it's Hulk after all.

I'm so weak willed. @pow@

MEH. I might have been interested in this IF he was wearing the Planet or W.W. Hulk armor, but I have no interest in another regular Hulk figure. IF they want my money they're gonna have to do something new like a classic Ronan, Lockjaw , Kree Sentry, Terrax or A.I.M. Bee keepers. Marvel Select is ideal for doing those larger sized charecters that there might not be enough interest in to support a BAF wave.

So is this what a Hasbro figure would be if they didn't crap out on the paint?

Seems so. *sigh*

As usual for Marvel Select, it looks top-notch. There really shouldn't be complaints about poseability, as MS has really never been about that (their first few waves were basically statutes with like one moving arm or knee).

I guess I don't really understand why they're releasing another Hulk. They just did Zombie Hulk and previously gave us Ultimate Hulk. As others have mentioned, they could at least have done an interesting twist on it if they really felt collectors wanted another Hulk. Then again, they recently released a Ghost Rider which also didn't bring anything new to the table.

Since MS shifted from being quasi-statues with terrifically elaborate bases to more standard action figures, they've been rather hit-or-miss. They either put out a cool new figure missing from the Legends Line (Mephisto, Thanos, Skrull/Brood) or a rather dull re-hash.

Incidentally, I like their Zombie figures. I wish they would've given them footpegs, but other than that, they make for very nice display pieces.

Sooooo....

Oooookay.

Yeah, I agree. I mean we already have the difinitive version of the Hulk from the Face-Off series and we have 2 Hulk waves coming out next year. WTF? Between this and the zombies, MS has fallen off lately. It's a shame, 'cause they'd been churning out some nice figs like the Watcher, Memphisto and the Brood/Skrull 2 pack not all that long ago.

as far as i can remember,FO hulk didnt have a wash on his skin

plus this hulk looks cooler than that 70's hulk

he looks way better than FO hulk IMO

One less MS figure for me to buy. Honestly, there has been serious overkill on Hulk figures the last few years. I never want to buy another one again, but I'll probably have to buy another half dozen over the next few years to keep getting the BAFs. Glad I can at least pass on this one. What a waste of a slot in the line.

Honestly, really, I mean it! WTF! Do we need another hulk for, I have 5 hulks in a case right behind me that are so similar to this one that, the Marvel Select could add nothing to my collection! I mean really what does this figure have that the 5 behind me don't have. Other than perhaps inferior build quality, which Marvel Select has been notorious for on their large figures. I have said it from the beginning that Marvel Select needs to focus on figures that would never be or not likely be released in the Marvel Legends line or be a separate line that allows collectors to have complete teams or groups of figures that are related, this doesn't fit that bill at all. The whole line is such a hodge podge and doesn't serve to fill holes in ML or be its own line satisfying the need of a collector to have complete teams in similar style and scale. There have been a few that have served the roll of plugging holes in ML but not many. Well hooray for me, another $20 I'll save that will go to better figures!

Sooooo....

Oooookay.

I like the HULK and all but I'm with the Sheriff on this one. They at least could have made him the WWHULK or something. Huhhhhh........sigh........

Does seem like an odd choice, just another generic Hulk. For completists only, I guess. I'd really like to see more figures like Mephisto, figures that we aren't going to get in ML.

A big badass Odin. Maybe a better Marvel Frankenstein's Monster. That one in the box set was just puny and a Monster would probably have a lot of cross-over appeal. Gamemaster. The Gardner. The Stranger.

Why another Hulk?

MEH. I might have been interested in this IF he was wearing the Planet or W.W. Hulk armor, but I have no interest in another regular Hulk figure. IF they want my money they're gonna have to do something new like a classic Ronan, Lockjaw , Kree Sentry, Terrax or A.I.M. Bee keepers. Marvel Select is ideal for doing those larger sized charecters that there might not be enough interest in to support a BAF wave.

The figure is fine in itself, it's the Hulk overkill I have the problem with... Psymount has the right idea with what MS should be about. Army builders and larger/obscure characters. Let me add Hellfire goons, Hand ninjas and Dormammu to the list of figs that would get my money.

Maybe instead of bitching you guys should realize that ms(diamond select) and hasbro are 2 different companies and each are doing there own thing. Just like hasbro is putting out stuff that toybiz already had. Ms did not have a regular hulk yet so there is your answer as too why they made one.You also need to realize that with the wwh thing and the movie coming ms also want there piece of the pie,you can't expect them too not put out a hulk and let hasbro pick up all the sales with there 2 upcoming lines,after all what kind of bussiness would that be!!!

This fig is not bad,haven't decided if I will get him(waiting too actualy see it live) but I understand why ms select would release this. If you ask me they should have passed on the whole zombie thing,thats so dumb,those will be collecting allllllllllllllllot of dust,theyre already pilling up!

OMFG! That Hulk is sooooo sick! Finally a company that "gets it". First off they give us a great Thanos, then a Watcher, now a in scale Hulk figure. Now if they could only give us an inscale Terrax, Nimrod, & Super Adaptoid, MS life would be grand. The only thing that would have been cooler would have been a BAF Hulk. Just a few extra things before people start posting on my comments.

1) Get over the "I need a ML Thanos" He doesn't need articulation just sitting on your shelf.

2) Next year is gonna be friggin awesome for 2 kinda toy fans, Ironman & Hulk. Once that settles into your brain, whether you are one or the other, or both, next year will be unforgettable for the merchandise we will see associated with those 2 properties.