My Bronze Bombers could...

Admiral Hunter

So, for those poor chaps who did NOT get to attend this years Joe Con, I purchased a sweet MOC Bronze Bombers set. It was only a shiny $300.00!

One the last day of the Con, I decided to drop $110.00 for the AFA grading, and return shipping for my Bronze Bomber set for the simple fact that Brians Toys wanted to buy the set to begin with. It is also the first, and unless someone else has done it, only AFA'd Bronze Bomber set.

I can't get good pictures of it in the acrylic case due to me leaving their nice thick plastic bag around the case. But, for those who care, I recieved an AFA 80. This is the copy and paste off of their website.

Serial Number: 17106261

Date Graded: Nov 06, 2007

Grade 80 (NM )

Blister: 85

Figure: 90

Card: 75

Year: 1997

Company: OLMEC TOYS

Series: BRONZE BOMBERS

Title: THE ENFORCERS OF JUSTICE

Name: 3 3/4 INCH FIGURE SET

Variation:

-Kevin

That's cool, I vaguely remember seeing those at the con? Maybe not though...

Good score, though I too would have opened it. Bronze Bombers are cool...

you got to be "out yo mind". BB's sets are seen so rarely that I would never open them. You're better off buying them loose for that matter! I'm usually an opener and only have a few MOC's, but you better believe a MOC Bronze Bomber set would stay sealed!

Kev, you can totally send the set to me and I'll take the pictures. I might have to have it for a very long time, as I'm sure the perfect shot would take years to get @smilepunch@

Oh, and sorry I didn't get your call last night . . . was at a concert and attempting to steal the woman that my best friend likes @smilepunch@

you got to be "out yo mind". BB's sets are seen so rarely that I would never open them. You're better off buying them loose for that matter! I'm usually an opener and only have a few MOC's, but you better believe a MOC Bronze Bomber set would stay sealed!

Hmm, didn't realize that, I'll keep it in mind if I come across one!

Kev, you can totally send the set to me and I'll take the pictures. I might have to have it for a very long time, as I'm sure the perfect shot would take years to get @smilepunch@

Oh, and sorry I didn't get your call last night . . . was at a concert and attempting to steal the woman that my best friend likes @smilepunch@

You gonna be around today if I call? :-P

-Kevin

tsk tsk.... bros before ho's GGPIKE..... shame on you....LOL

tsk tsk.... bros before ho's GGPIKE..... shame on you....LOL

Hahaha. Bros before Ho's. I think that was the rule to live by in college, especially in my fraternity. When you get out in the real world . . . things are a tad different. I do what I need to do.

Heh....do you really know George that well?? @lol@

Seriously. I'm a nice guy! Sometimes Ho's come first though.

George and I are on the same page... We do what we gotta do! Unless we get cockblocked in our attempt to get Sistanchief!

-Kevin

Exactly. Oh sistainchief. The fond memories of a tryst that never was!

On a serious note, what is the big deal about this set.... It looks really ugly to me....What was the toy line, that this was part of?

This set actually made some Hasbro Molds look really awesome! For example, this Darklon looks amazing. I am paying $220.00 for the complete set of 12 loose.

http://www.yojoe.com/archive/actfig/bronzebombers.shtml

Unlike Yojoe's statement about flying off the shelves, they actually went on clearance in most places. As you can see, I was not collecting Joes around that time, or I would own a nice army of these babies. Such sweet looking Dreadnok-colored Motor-Vipers, and Crimson-looking Strato-Vipers!

-Kevin

I have a MISB set as well along with most loose moc carded bb's

I think AFA is a crock or sh*t, but I have to admit, there cases make things look awesome, Im sure yours looks fantastic

I was at the con and didnt see any bronze bombers items anywhere, guess it was all gone before I made it there, I didnt actually make my appearence till saturday morning

I didnt even realize many of you guys were there, I made sure to spend time woth everyone I deal with alot though

well anyways congrats the set, and Im sure its worth every penny what you paid

Wow! I guess there is no accounting for taste... I think these look terrible...

part way agreed, I fully agree the good guys look terrible, but I feel the bad guys look pretty damn kewl

That's actually why I bought them! :)

And I will now have to copy George though, and try to get another Strato-Viper, and another Motor-Viper...

-Kevin

I was at the con and didnt see any bronze bombers items anywhere, guess it was all gone before I made it there, I didnt actually make my appearence till saturday morning

I didnt even realize many of you guys were there, I made sure to spend time woth everyone I deal with alot though

Yeah, I met some people from Joecustoms by chance the first night, seemed like a good bunch of people. Mongoose and Kamendreda (sp?), too, and some guys from Yojoe, but I was surprised that I didn't meet many from TNI.

I do remember a guy in an ENI or TNI shirt taking pics, who I thought might have been JayC, but he looked pretty busy!

Yeah, I met some people from Joecustoms by chance the first night, seemed like a good bunch of people. Mongoose and Kamendreda (sp?), too, and some guys from Yojoe, but I was surprised that I didn't meet many from TNI.

I do remember a guy in an ENI or TNI shirt taking pics, who I thought might have been JayC, but he looked pretty busy!

That was JayC. And the TNI folk all pretty much stuck together! And a lot of them claimed JBL too... (Traitors!)

-Kevin

Traitors!? I still post here, but there are only so many threads of "see my custom figure I made" that I can stand outside of Joecustoms. @smilepunch@

At the con, in our group, we had the TNI posters of: me, Kevin, George, Ryan, Chazz, Don, Charles, and Dekele. Also in there was Tazzz, JayC and some others and I would say TNI had a good showing.