The Death Of Bruce Wayne?

fceeviper

According to Rich Johnston over at CBR, in June/July of next year, DC will kill off Bruce Wayne and have one of the Robins (Drake, Todd or Grayson) take up the mantle of Batman. The books will also relaunch with new #1's.

I hope this turn out to be nothing but just a rumor, but if true I'm done with DC Comics all together. :(

http://www.comicbookresources.com/columns/?column=13

Petition already up: http://www.petitiononline.com/807tdk/petition.html

DC will kill off Bruce Wayne and have one of the Robins (Drake, Todd or Grayson) take up the mantle of Batman.

I was going to jump the gun and Boooooo this whole idea, but I guess I'll wait to see how it plays out story wise.

What is NOT jumping the gun, however, is saying that bringing back Jason Todd was the worst Batman plot/storyline in recent memory. It better not be him!

Won't happen. Or it'll be so temporary after DC hears the uproar surrounding the death of one of it's oldest characters. Because when they killed Superman he stayed dead for what, about 6 months? It would never stick. He's no Barry Allen.

It's insane ideas like this & the killing off Cap, civil war, Hulk war, killing off the New Gods, bringing back dead lame characters like Bucky, Jason Todd, etc, that have pretty much made me quit collecting comics as well!

I'll just stick to re-reading all my great 70s-80's & some great 90s Marvel comics, when the Avengers deserved the "Earth's mightiest" tag & the X-men wasn't this rag tag convulated, confusing, who's who of crap mutants & Wolvy was just an X-men & Spidey swung alone, Beast & Colossus were straight & everyone knew who were the good guys & who were the bad guys!

Oh well, more $$ to spend on ML/DCUC figs! :D

in June/July of next year, DC will kill off Bruce Wayne

Hmmm...I wonder if any OTHER Batman related events are happening around June/July.

You know, if DC had planned this better, they could sit on this story line until a new Batman movie comes out and use it to generate hype for the comic and vice-versa....................ohhhhhhhh.......hold on a second..................... @hmmm@

i made a post about this in the DC Comics area. I heard as well of 3 theories. All of which are pretty far fetched. But if they do Kill Bruce we all know it will not be forever. I mean when Bane broke his back he returned as the Batman in less than a year!

I like the rumor of Joker and Batman killing each other in a fight, but the whole Ra's taking over Bruces body is intresting as well!

The whole Rumor about Clark, Bruce, and Diana becomming the new New Gods and having all the sidekicks take over the mantles of Batman, Superman, and WW makes sense except for Superman unless Conner is comming back or Superboy Prime takes over as Superman??!!

I dunno...all i gotta say is if they go back to redos (#1's) again i think im gonna stop collecting books as well

that would be like...

killing off jean ...

uhm ...

having cyclops get hooked with the white queen...

hmm...

killing off all the mutants...

uh..

unmasking spiderman...

hermmm...

bringing back gwen & turning her into a slut whore and having her make babies with the green goblin

then have those babies grow up and become evil and try to kill peter...

killing off captain america...

uhhmm...

killing superman...

making hal evil & kill a lot of lanterns among other things...

snaping batmans back

crippling batgirl and having joker rape her...

killing off robin...

uhh ..

uhh..

hmm

:D :D guys I think we are in trouble here with this "rumor" :P

I would have listed more bad things for the DCU but I am more of a marvel fan my bad LOL

The whole Rumor about Clark, Bruce, and Diana becomming the new New Gods and having all the sidekicks take over the mantles of Batman, Superman, and WW makes sense except for Superman unless Conner is comming back or Superboy Prime takes over as Superman??!!

Supergirl could take Supes place.

i made a post about this in the DC Comics area. I heard as well of 3 theories. All of which are pretty far fetched. But if they do Kill Bruce we all know it will not be forever. I mean when Bane broke his back he returned as the Batman in less than a year!

I like the rumor of Joker and Batman killing each other in a fight, but the whole Ra's taking over Bruces body is intresting as well!

I dunno...all i gotta say is if they go back to redos (#1's) again i think im gonna stop collecting books as well

Unless I am mixed up in current comics superboy prime isn't he the one who killed conner to start with among others?.. and is currently being a lil biatch ass in sinestro corps?.. I'm so wanting his ass to get kicked right now @loll@

It'll happen.

Then Lois will sleep with Lex, Superman will commit suicide, Wonder Woman will....get married, Hal Jordon will speak at funerals the rest of his life, and Wally West will fast for 40 days.

.....and then Jason Todd will wake up and discover it was all a dream while D.C. throws out the last 20 years of events from their so-called "canon."

Oh yeah, well if Bruce dies now, how can he train Terry McGinnis to become the next Batman in 2040? Silly DC.

Reboot! The new batman would train him to be a robin or to be batman... IGuess he would be abit old by then...

Or that could work too... who ever takes batmans place (most likely a robin) will have a robin as well most likely ... that robin would then become another batman ... ect ect ect

or they could just make that one of the alt timelines/worlds and not part of the main world which I think we have already seen a few times ...

Synch; you are insane. I have no idea what you are even saying half the dang time.

I mean, nuthin' personal....just....sheesh

More from the rumor mill...

Lying In The Gutters

by Rich Johnston

Oh and Dead Batman/Todd Batman/God Bruce Wayne? So not happening. You can still expect a status-challenging new scenario, still expect Alex Ross covers and designs, still expect some intricately complex yet instantly entertaining Morrisonia, just, expect something else. Did Internet reaction affect this? Not one jot it seems. All decisions are taking place at a much higher level, and Warner Bros. have made their feelings known.

Of course, from such bedlam and mayhem, often comes inspired madness and creativity. Right now, the place is reminiscent of Jemas era Marvel – no one knows what to do or what is expected of them. Some creators have expressed despair to me, others see an opportunity to do something fresh and exciting in 2008. They are trying lots of things. Some things will stick. Some things will stink. But some will shine brightly.

Whatever happens, industry expectations seem to peg "Final Crisis" to beat "Secret Invasion" in the sales stakes.