2008 hasbro info

electro16

There is a 6 inch spiderman wave coming, no new characters really, more of a rehash of the usuall characters. However the was a picture of a puma figure so looks like he might be one of the new figs,nothing specific beyound that.

Any good Spider-man variants? I'd like another chance to get some of the better Spider-man figures from a couple years back. I wish they'd scale the Icons Spidey to 6 inch.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

trust me, no you dont. the problems outweigh the perks fairly easily. and the figure was scaled up from the mcfarlane/fearsome foes spider-man with a retooled chest (which probably led the the lateral joints not working) and waist area (which explains the hips). the differences are the logo is etched instead of raised, and the wiats is a simple peg joint, not a ball joint.

You can definatly call shenanigans on at least some of the information in the thread.

Super Hero Squad is continuing in 2008. :D

Question 5: What can we expect to see at retail by the end of the year?

5) For 2007, we showed just about everything at San Diego Comic-Con and almost everything new will have hit shelves by now. If you mean for 2008 - we're not ready to tip our hand just yet…but you can plan on seeing lots of new 6" Legends product with really cool BAF's, plenty of Iron Man and Hulk, Spider-Man Animated, all new Mighty Muggs and of course the Super Hero Squad!

You can definatly call shenanigans on at least some of the information in the thread.

Super Hero Squad is continuing in 2008. :D

Question 5: What can we expect to see at retail by the end of the year?

5) For 2007, we showed just about everything at San Diego Comic-Con and almost everything new will have hit shelves by now. If you mean for 2008 - we're not ready to tip our hand just yet…but you can plan on seeing lots of new 6" Legends product with really cool BAF's, plenty of Iron Man and Hulk, Spider-Man Animated, all new Mighty Muggs and of course the Super Hero Squad!

Where did you get the shs info? You'll see, no more shs.Time will tell.

Sorry, Electro, I love you to death (well, the character, really), but I, too, am calling shenanigans. that info posted above is from Action Figure .com's monthly Q and A with Hasbro.

and those guys are, no offense, slightly more creditable then you.

because of Hasbro saying that (not to mention the easter eggs shown on Marvelousnews.com a few days ago), I am going to have to call bullshit, and take EVERYTHING you have said with a grain of salt, now.

this pretty much puts us at still knowing nothing more than Spiral, possibly her line-ups, ML4, and a few Icons, Unleashed ML (and Mightly MUGGS) as the only things we know coming from Hasbro in 2008. OH, and half of a Hulk wave that may or may not have a Fin Fang Foom BAF.

...also, the Wizard fan choice winner.

Sorry, Electro, I love you to death (well, the character, really), but I, too, am calling shenanigans. that info posted above is from Action Figure .com's monthly Q and A with Hasbro.

because of Hasbro saying that (not to mention the easter eggs shown on Marvelousnews.com a few days ago), I am going to have to call bullshit, and take EVERYTHING you have said with a grain of salt, now.

this pretty much puts us at still knowing nothing more than Spiral, possibly her line-ups, ML4, and a few Icons, Unleashed ML (and Mightly MUGGS) as the only things we know coming from Hasbro in 2008. OH, and half of a Hulk wave that may or may not have a Fin Fang Foom BAF.

Well,I just read the action figure.com Q&A. I simply posted what i was told and i also said from the start that I was sure that anything could change. Time will tell all i guess.

Well,I just read the action figure.com Q&A. I simply posted what i was told and i also said from the start that I was sure that anything could change. Time will tell all i guess.

I think Electro's info about the new stuff is legit. If his source got the info from a rep then it kind of makes sense. Reps are not the most knowlegable of people, they only know what they've been told. It looks like this rep has been told about the new lines for 08, and hasn't been told about continuing lines. So the rep probably took that to mean that there would be no more continuing lines like single legends releases and Squad.

I think Electro's info about the new stuff is legit. If his source got the info from a rep then it kind of makes sense. Reps are not the most knowlegable of people, they only know what they've been told. It looks like this rep has been told about the new lines for 08, and hasn't been told about continuing lines. So the rep probably took that to mean that there would be no more continuing lines like single legends releases and Squad.

yeah, that's a possibility.

Single legends releases were never put into question.There was no info available but there was never any question of it stopping.It is theyre biggest seller so thats a no brainer.

I went to the fig store I go to regularly today and Talked with the owner after looking around and he told me he had a meeting with his hasbro sales rep and showed me a bunch of papers about whats coming for hasbro in 2008. Now before i start with the info I know some of you will be skeptical but remember I have no reason to make this up I am only happy to share info I was lucky enough to get a preview of with all my fellow collectors in this forum. Now on to bussiness,

The iron man movie figs will be 6inch, the picks shown were off the original silver costume and the current red and gold costume as well as the packaging. The packaging is a new package different than the legends one.

There will also be a 12 inch iron man movie fig.

The icons line is comming to an end,what has been announced so far,wallcrawler,daredevil ,collossus and pheonix will be the last 4.

Hasbro is bringing back the 10 inch spidey figures like toybiz did in the 90's.Only one pictured was spidey.

Unfortunetely hasbro has not learned from the 5 inch spiderman fiasco it seems, because the wave for the new spiderman cartoon coming in 2008 will be 5 inch.

There is a 6 inch spiderman wave coming, no new characters really, more of a rehash of the usuall characters. However the was a picture of a puma figure so looks like he might be one of the new figs,nothing specific beyound that.

There will also be a marvel legends 3 3/4 line (ugh) apparently from what I was told hasbro is doing this because this size sells well with star wars and gi joe.

There will be hulk movie figures also with new packaging.Those look really nice by the way.

There will also be legends hulk waves with fin fang foom build a figure, not sure if he's built with just one or both waves.This time he was pictured with another fig so I got and idea of the scale,he seems to be about 10 inchs. The packaging for this is the regular legends packaging.

As far as the legends line goes not much info on that front,there was however listings for more 2 packs,pictured were beast, arcangel and bullseye. Nothing specific of who will be packaged with who.

Well thats it, i hope everybody will find something to there liking.

do have or can u get any pictures of the iron man movie figures if that would be possible,

I went to the fig store I go to regularly today and Talked with the owner after looking around and he told me he had a meeting with his hasbro sales rep and showed me a bunch of papers about whats coming for hasbro in 2008. Now before i start with the info I know some of you will be skeptical but remember I have no reason to make this up I am only happy to share info I was lucky enough to get a preview of with all my fellow collectors in this forum. Now on to bussiness,

The iron man movie figs will be 6inch, the picks shown were off the original silver costume and the current red and gold costume as well as the packaging. The packaging is a new package different than the legends one.

There will also be a 12 inch iron man movie fig.

The icons line is comming to an end,what has been announced so far,wallcrawler,daredevil ,collossus and pheonix will be the last 4.

Hasbro is bringing back the 10 inch spidey figures like toybiz did in the 90's.Only one pictured was spidey.

Unfortunetely hasbro has not learned from the 5 inch spiderman fiasco it seems, because the wave for the new spiderman cartoon coming in 2008 will be 5 inch.

There will also be a marvel legends 3 3/4 line (ugh) apparently from what I was told hasbro is doing this because this size sells well with star wars and gi joe.

There will be hulk movie figures also with new packaging.Those look really nice by the way.

There will also be legends hulk waves with fin fang foom build a figure, not sure if he's built with just one or both waves.This time he was pictured with another fig so I got and idea of the scale,he seems to be about 10 inchs. The packaging for this is the regular legends packaging.

As far as the legends line goes not much info on that front,there was however listings for more 2 packs,pictured were beast, arcangel and bullseye. Nothing specific of who will be packaged with who.

Well thats it, i hope everybody will find something to there liking.

do have or can u get any pictures of the iron man movie figures if that would be possible,

As i mentionned before the papers I was shown don't belong to me so i have no way of putting them up.The figs were not shown in the papers,only a pic of the packaging and a pick of what i suspect were the toybiz figs of iron man and war machine.The pic was actually to small to make out any detail.