MP Figures

Dark_Phoenix

Looking on ebay I am able to find Megatron, Starscream and Skywarp.

Is Skywarp a knockoff or has he only been released in Japan so far?

Is this Megatron a bootleg or legit? Would this be able to be shipped to Canada without any problems with customs?

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIt...A:IT&ih=013

Is this Megatron a bootleg or legit? Would this be able to be shipped to Canada without any problems with customs?

<a href="http://www.domain.com" target="_blank">

</a>

I havent heard anything about MP KO... Not yet anyways... Skywarp is a Japan only release... Not sure about custom laws in Canada...

</a>

isn't the bbts preorder cheaper? but, i'm not sure if they ship to Canada, sorry! guess the only good thing bout this auction is that MP Megs ain't modified.

my US starsceam and japan skywarp ( not seen is megs and optimus ) 82bdsns.jpg

Wow is that one real?.. I thought the only thing that was g1 color wise was the WM starscream

my US starsceam and japan skywarp ( not seen is megs and optimus ) 82bdsns.jpg

Wow is that one real?.. I thought the only thing that was g1 color wise was the WM starscream

that is the WM starscream. the skywarp comes with a sticker sheet to add what you want

</a>

I got my MP Megs from Ages Three And Up which is in Canada and it was the cheapest way for me to get the unaltered version. I'd check with them to see if they'll be getting them again when the next production run comes out. I don't know if they have pre-orders or not, but you may want to check them out.

</a>

I got my MP Megs from Ages Three And Up which is in Canada and it was the cheapest way for me to get the unaltered version. I'd check with them to see if they'll be getting them again when the next production run comes out. I don't know if they have pre-orders or not, but you may want to check them out.

I concur, Ages Three and Up is the way to go, if you can. You won't have to deal with the border at all.

I wouldn't worry so much about them not letting Megs in, but you might get shafted with big duty fees. I hate the CBSA...

From all accounts I've seen....Canada is lax when it comes to this kind of stuff.

And I can honestly say (after getting Masterpiece Megatron in the mail today) that he is quite possibly the best Masterpiece figure so far. He's so cool, he'll make Starcream rip off one of his skirt pieces and beat himself to death with it.

If you get Megs (and you're careful, let me stress that CAREFUL) you'll enjoy him a lot. He's definitely a great figure.

I just posted this in another topic . You guys do know thundercracker will out in 2008 right?

i posted somewhere he was gonna be released, but when i tried finding where i got that info i couldnt find it again so i didnt post it anymore.

Here are my MP's. I hae em in a glass lighted case. Just got Hasbro Starscream this week and think its sweet. The Takara Starscream is standing in for Thundercraker till we get a real one. Just need MP Soundwave now :)

001.jpg

002.jpg

I got it at Ikea, its not really any more expensive then wal-mart stuff. The hard part is getting it home. Its a very long akward package and its mostly all made of glass. Very easy to breeak in transport.

Awesome Display JayC! The three look great together on their bases. Have you ever transformed MP Megs?, I left him in the box, i'm too scared to do it, hehe! Waiting for extra cash to get another MP Megs, just in case!

Awesome Display JayC! The three look great together on their bases. Have you ever transformed MP Megs?, I left him in the box, i'm too scared to do it, hehe! Waiting for extra cash to get another MP Megs, just in case!

I can't speak for Jay, but I can tell you that it's not as difficult or dangerous as some would have you believe.

I'll go over a list of fragile points and tell you how to carefully avoid them. (NOTE: Pictures from Remy's collection will be used, they are the property of him, folks. I also used some pictures from Invincible Robot Factory. I modified them to point out the potential trouble spots.)

First picture, Megatron from the front:

mp_megatron27.jpg

1.) Pink arrows point to panels that are connected via ball joint. These come off easily and should be removed during the first transformation. (Once transformed, they'll pop right back on. These are mentioned because they're a hindrance and you have to learn the core robot first and foremost. Once you've got the hang of it, those panels will be no problem.)

2.) The blue circled part is the arm connector/shoulder/ratchet. There is a tab that holds the arms in that's just a tad too big and makes it quite difficult to remove his arms, perhaps to the point of breakage if you're not careful. Carefully shave off some of the tab (shown in the third pic) but not all of it. Use a set of nail clippers and literally just trim a little (I must emphasize little) plastic off of the tab, but not the entire tab (because the arm won't stay in place if you do.) If you trim the tab just enough, the arms will lock in place and disconnect with ease and no stress on the arms. It's literally just enough to hold him rock solid without breaking him.

3.) The thigh panels circled in red/magenta could break easily because they'll swing up like a car hood, and when you collapse the leg in on itself to create the butt of the gun, they could get caught on the surrounding black and red plastic of the legs and snap off. Just make sure they're lined up just right (guide it by finger if need be) and they'll slide in just fine without any problem.

4.) The releases circled in yellow are held in place by a strong spring, plus the assembly of the legs has a lot of tight space for everything to work in. I recommend sticking a toothpick, or Jeweler's Screwdriver into them to depress the spring with one hand, and start pushing the top half of the leg down with the other hand. Once you've made it past the notch, you'll be able to remove the tool and the leg will slide easily the rest of the way. (I recommend this tactic for robot to gun, and vice versa.)

5.) The hinges circled in blue could break easily, so follow this method: 1.) Pull the trigger from the leg and straighten it out towards the the other leg. 2.) With the trigger straight out, swing the rest of the hinge up in place. Don't swing it from the back hinge and then move the trigger, because that could lead to breakage. You'll see what I mean once you try it.

6.) The panels on his feet (circled in orange) can be swung up under the leg to give more support and stability so he'll stand up straight. (This is especially useful for when his cannon is attached to his arm. It's so heavy, he will topple over. Those panels will help avoid that.) The tabs circled in green should be sitting on either side of the leg when you pull the panel up. If those tabs aren't on the sides of the legs, he won't have stability, and might even break. (NOTE: His ankle is balljointed and you can do some dynamic poses (so long as you don't have the cannon attached) and if you wish to pose, close those panels down so they're not in the way.

Second picture, Megatron from the back:

mp_megatron10s.jpg

1.) The pink/orangish circle shows a piece of his spine (I know, it's hard to see, but you'll see it in hand) that attaches his head to the rest of the body. The black bar snaps into the back of the chest to hold the head/neck in place. On the sides of that bar, you'll see small nubs of plastic (these are the pieces that hold it in place) and you'll instantly notice that they're too big. They don't look it, but believe me...when you're pulling that head away and you have to *yank* it because it's so tight...you'll see. Take a nail file (or any file) or sandpaper and carefully and gently sand those nubs down. Just enough that his head will hold in place, but easily removable with no stress.

2.) The orange circled piece with the black arrow pointing to it, shows a part of the spine assembly. This part you *must* be careful with. In the crude picture I added, you can see the orange part (the spine) running vertically, and it slides backward and forward along the black part. The spine is die-cast metal. The black piece is plastic. Thick plastic, but still breakable if given enough stress. Hold Megatron by the crotch with one hand, and with the other hand, put your fingers on the sides of the die-cast piece (where the pin runs through) and carefully pull it back straight 'til it stops. (you'll feel it stop, don't make it go any further) Don't push or pull at it in an angle, no wiggling back and forth, just pull it straight back. (Use this handling method for transformation, both ways.)

3.) The parts circled in blue are very tight hinges on the same order as Masterpiece Starscream's wings. (which have been breaking) just sand down the catch spots, just enough to allow free movement, and you won't have to worry about the hinges causing breakage.

Third picture, Megatron in mid-transformation:

MP05_31.jpg

1.) The yellow circled part will show you the spine piece I mentioned.

Fourth and fifth picture, Megatron's shoulder and tab:

MP05_39.jpg

MP05_27.jpg

1.) The red circle and arrow shows how it works. As you can see, the tab is excessively large, and it has to slide in and out, under the silver area that the arrow is pointing to.

2.) The square piece (circled in red where the barrel is swung back from the chest, you can see it, barely) holds the arm in place, along with the tab. So you can't slide down on the arm to get it to release. You have to wiggle it so the tab will clear and you can pop off of that square piece. This is why I say trim the tab. That way it'll still sit on the square and the tab will hold it in.

Not pictured:

On the legs, you'll notice everything is extremely tight, which is fine and all...but you're going to be transforming this guy and you want him moving fluidly. Simply loosen the screws on the knees and hips (under the side waist panels) a little bit. Not enough to remove the leg of course, but with that extra little bit of play, the joints will still hold a pose, and he'll move easily without fear of breakage.

Overall: Megatron is an intricate design, and some care will be needed during transformation. I realize my modifications sound excessive or too risky, but they're easier done than said. (Yes, I worded that correctly.) You might say "Well that's a lot of crap to go through just to enjoy a collectible" well, yeah, I guess...but it only takes a couple of hours to do everything needed, and once it's done...you can fully enjoy him for hours on end. Isn't it worth a tiny bit of your time just to make him better? I'd say so.

Just be careful, and he'll be one of the best pieces of your collection. (He's definitely leaps and bounds better than 'Screamer.)

Hope this helps! :)

my megs is still sitting half transformed... I think F***ed something up along the way... I'm so close but I can't figure out at all how to connect the gun handle to the rest of it... there is nothing to connect