Top 5 25th

Ren

So far my top 5 are the following

5. Cobra Trooper (both versions) - I think this is a far superior to the officer. Great detail and sculpt. I only wish the the 5 pack trooper came with a painted gun and the single pack came with a red insignia. But still a good update.

4. Beachhead- Awesome detail, great paint apps and accessories, comparing him to the original, this figure's vest,rope and crossbow really bring out the highlights of the uniform.

3. Scarlett- Huge improvement over the classic RAH feale figure, if you compare her to the comic pack Scarlett, especially number two, it really shows just how bad a treatment Scarlett has received over the years. Great articulation, and the ponytail and colors looks amazing.

2. Storm Shadow v1- Talk about getting it right, the slew of accesorries, the pace for the dagger, the expression on the face, what a representation of the character. Pretty much tied for number one in my book.

1. Firefly- What can be said? Everything was nailed perfect, this is a badass Saboteur, The camo, the accessories, everything about this figure shows just what this 25th line means to me. This is how Firefly looked to me in 1984 when I first ripped hime out of the package.

5. Shipwreck - Great sculpting, love the balled up fist & popeye arms.

4. Destro - A great likeness from the cartoon. Perfect accessories.

3. Zartan - Finally. Zartan done right. The only figure to perfectly capture Zartan's face.

2. Stalker - Everything about this figure is awesome. The webgear fit perfectly & looks cool,

The face is dead on, etc.

1. Flint - Always been my favorite character, so I'm a little biased. Even so, the absolute BEST Flint figure ever. His beret is finally straight, good cartoon/comic likeness for his face, great webgear, just freakin' great all around.

1. Cobra Trooper (Cobra box set)/Stinger Driver

2. Beach Head

3. Stalker

4. Scarlett

5. Buzzer

Hmmm.....mine are a bit more on the different side....more collector centric.

5.) Cobra Tropper - Because I have only found ONE to date.

4.) Shipwreck w/ Shark Tattoo - a varient that I just blindly stumbled upon.

3.) Zartan w/ Color Changing Face Logo on card - Another varient that seems to be growing in popularity.

2.) SE w/ Black Timber - Because they weren't made in the 50/50 proportions claimed by Hasbro, so he is a bit more on the "rare" side.

1.) SDCC Gold Destro - Because he is the most rare and I was one of the lucky few to get him for $10! :D

Cobra Trooper (both versions)

Cobra Officer

FireFly

Beach Head

Snake Eyes (V1)

Once waves 5, 6 and the comics pack come out my list will look something like this..

Snow Job - I hated the original so much, but this new sculpt is awesome.

Hasbro really did the Snow Job figure some justice!

Crimson Guard- I don't think I have to explain this one.

Cobra Trooper/Cobra Officer

FireFly - Has always been overshadowed by Storm Shadow.

Flash - My first figure, he'll always be a favorite of mine.

Here's mine:

1) Storm Shadow v1. Great sculpt all around and the accessories are fantastic

2) Firefly. A really great figure with awesome gear and a cool headsculpt.

3) Stinger Driver. Although I don't want an army of them, SDs show just has badass repaints CAN be!

4) Beachhead. One of my most anticipated figures for the line and he got made so early! The details are all top notch!

5) Scarlett. Best Scarlett ever, hands down.

Snake Eyes, v1 was almost in there, but I would've preferred him black. Stalker would've followed, and of course the original Cobra Trooper. All in all, there have been more figures I love than ones I hate, but when you gotta pick five these are the quintet I'd go with!

1. Storm Shadow v1 - Just about perfect. The head sculpt alone would make it the best figure, but then the rest of the figure is outstanding, too. Couldn't ask for more with this one, and now they're releasing him on a single card to boot, so I can have him MOC.

2. Firefly - Would be tied for #1 if he had an original sculpt for his upper body and not the sweater. He's still nearly perfect, though. I like that he's taller, too, even though I never thought of Firefly as a tall guy. The diversity in size is a nice touch to this line.

3. Cobra Commander v2 - Perfectly captures Cobra Commander. The mask that appears to be blowing in the wind or moving because of his own movement (instead of just hanging like the original) is great. I love the fist, the blaster, and the navy blue. He just looks awesome.

4. Snake Eyes v1 - I don't own this figure, but he looks excellent. Once the black version is released this will probably move to #3 on my list.

5. Scarlett - I don't own this one, either, but this is another case of perfectly capturing what I grew up seeing in comics, on television, and hanging on pegs. I'm glad she'll be released on a single card, too.

Here's my five, with number one being the favorite:

5. Shipwreck: This figure has been a pleasant suprise to me. He was one of my least-favorites from the con pics, but he emerged as a most-favorite. Why? Attitude. They injected alot of attitude into this figure. A fist to punch with, bulging forearms that allude to his brawler nature (lol), more weapons than the oiriginal had, and that ticked-off scowl that just screams Shipwreck to me. Not to mention the amount of detail his sculpt has. Awesome figure. (Just wish I had the shark tattoo variant...)

4. Snake-Eyes (Version 2): The original Version 2 Snake-Eyes, along with Shipwreck, were birthday presents for me from my older brother, so it's natural these figures make my list for sentimental reasons. And Snake-Eyes has always been my favorite character. But forget the nostalgia factor for a second though; this figure is wonderful considering he's a Version 1 Anniversary Snake-Eyes just with a different head and accessories. Just wish he had been darker...

3. Sgt. Stalker: Same as with Version 2 Snake-Eyes, he's just a rework of the Version 1 Snake-Eyes body, but just the same, this figure is the perfect Stalker. Great colors, great head-sculpt, just perfect all-around.

2. Lady Jaye: Why is this figure higher on the list than my beloved Snake-Eyes, you may ask, especially when I loathed it in con pics? Simply put, it's the total package. She comes with great, detailed accessories, her sculpt is way better than I anticipated with ALOT of detail I didn't expect, and her colors look better than I expected as well. I just thought from the early pics that her uniform was too dark of a green, but it makes much more sense than the almost-neon-green jumpsuit the original figure had. It's just a really nice figure when I wasn't expecting it to be, which makes it a new favorite.

And number one is...

1. (drum-roll please) Beachhead: Beachhead has just always been an enigmatic character to me. Cool look, cool accessories, a cool background, and a cool specialty. What's not to love about Beachhead? He used to always remind me of a combination of Snake-Eyes and Stalker in one character. But this new figure is such an improvement to me. Hasbro just really seemed to capitalize on the overall look of Beachhead, the knitted sweater-mask and shirt, the ammo/flak-vest, and the cool colors the original has. But they improved his proportions, his head-sculpt, and his colors (the green is more muted and paler, and the cammo looks more traditional instead of the tiger-stripe of the original) are much better. Beachhead just always had a cool, unique look, and Hasbro actually improved upon the original. Combine that with the retro card-back, and you have a G.I. Joe masterpiece.