I would start over with a 4 inch line

ransomz

I know I've said I have no interest in starting ML over from the ground up. I've also vowed to never buy a 5 inch figure. However, I am really enjoying the new 4 inch line of GI Joes and I realized today that I would actually buy a line of 4 inch Marvel, done with the same quality and style of the new Joe line. The advantage of the 4 inch scale is that we could get Punisher's van, a good Fantasti-car, Quinjet, playsets like attachable rooms in the Xavier school to build a mansion, the Baxter building, bad guys' hideouts - all sorts of good stuff. Maybe even a Heli-carrier.

Anybody else with me?

some one kill this guy :P

On another thread I talked about a virus annihilating 5inchers. Now do I have to modify it to get rid of you and your naughty 4inch thoughts? LoL!! :angry: :rolleyes: I'm with you tarot. :)

I can see where you are coming from with the 4inch idea but..................NO! @firedevil@ 4inchers are for StarWars and GIJOE not Marvel Legends. If you want a playset or a Punisher barbie van you'll have to make it yourself or Hasbro has to make it in the 6inch scale. I can't imagine a 4 1/2 inch or 5 inch HULK. That's just not right. If you want tiny marvel legends I'll send you some marvel showdown figures. LOL!!! @Smoke2@ Now quit smokin' that stuff man. LoL!!

Those Superhero Showdown figures were so crappy that I just couldn't bring myself to buy them. And they didn't look good next to Joes. But if Hasbro were to make Marvels compatible with Joe in scale and articulation, that might make for some very cool scenarios - the Joes taking on Hulk, the Avengers taking on Cobra. You see what I'm saying. I'd definitely want ML to continue in the 6 inch scale, too.

Nope! I've invested to much $$ into the 6' line. Hasbro just needs to listen to the fans like Mattel does & the figs will start to improve in the articulation & paint dept.

I really think 08' is gonna be their best yr yet. Can't wait for NY TF in Feb!

Nope! I've invested to much $$ into the 6' line. Hasbro just needs to listen to the fans like Mattel does & the figs will start to improve in the articulation & paint dept.

I really think 08' is gonna be their best yr yet. Can't wait for NY TF in Feb!

i'm with my fellow texan here. i don't care how cool anything is i am not starting over with another scale. 6 (legends),7 (the occasion select), and 12 (icons) is enough.

i do think hasbro has learned not to switch scales around on us. if they did the podcast for this site then they have probably seen that iron man poll on the main page, and its overwhelmingly against even doing 5" anymore. i can't wait till NYTF either. they have been tight lipped on next years stuff and with the improvements we have seen so far i think its gonna be a good toy year too.

I know I've said I have no interest in starting ML over from the ground up. I've also vowed to never buy a 5 inch figure. However, I am really enjoying the new 4 inch line of GI Joes and I realized today that I would actually buy a line of 4 inch Marvel, done with the same quality and style of the new Joe line. The advantage of the 4 inch scale is that we could get Punisher's van, a good Fantasti-car, Quinjet, playsets like attachable rooms in the Xavier school to build a mansion, the Baxter building, bad guys' hideouts - all sorts of good stuff. Maybe even a Heli-carrier.

Anybody else with me?

I actually like this Idea (dont hit me) I'd love more Playsets and Accessories and cheaper figs and more figures in a year. Could build teams faster like the minimates but normal looking. As long as I got the characters I want (cough..polaris..cough).

see....

now they would, in theory, be a cool line. But i just don't have enough extra money to collect these. I thought the Marvel legends showdown figures were cool looking small figures...but i still didn't buy them. I have so many 6' Marvel legends, that it'd seem silly for me to collect a whole new line of the SAME figures just smaller.

if they were to do something like this, i'd only collect the ones i REALLY liked (as i do with all DC figures). But not unless they were different versions of marvel characters...hence why i didn't collect the showdown figures, they were too much like their 6' counterparts.

I would totally go for a 1:18/3.75" - 4" line. I loved the Super Hero Showdown line. This scale allows for affordable vechicles and playsets. I can/could mix the Marvel Universe with the G.I. Joe ARAH and STAR WARS Universes. I wish all action figures throughout time were in the 1:18/3.75" - 4" scale.

what drew me to legends in the first place was that they were so diffrent than alot of the other figures i collect. imo a four inch line would not have the same shelf presence as the current size.

i agree with you, dude. would someone like to create a poll about this topic? who's in favor of having a 4-inch line or who's not... i don't think i'll like a 4-inch line.. that's just my opinion though..