Fantastic Four/Ronan wave

Thor-El

So, despite really wanting to have the Ronan figure, I had pretty much decided against buying this wave. Lord knows I have more than enough of each character already.

But, I got an idea, and I just had to try it out. So, I went and picked up a Human Torch and a Mister Fantastic with the intention of putting Reed's head on that body (without the flames) to get a pretty nice non-stretchy Reed.

Yeah, I should have known better. @grumpy@

Not only did Hasbro glue those flames onto that body, but there are hard anchor points molded into it with posts. The only flames I actually managed to get off were the chest ones, and the result looks terrible.

So now I'm stuck with that Johnny fig, and a stretchy Reed. Ugh. Plus, Sue, Ben, and the Mole Man. What a waste of money.

I might as well just finish Ronan.

So, despite really wanting to have the Ronan figure, I had pretty much decided against buying this wave. Lord knows I have more than enough of each character already.

But, I got an idea, and I just had to try it out. So, I went and picked up a Human Torch and a Mister Fantastic with the intention of putting Reed's head on that body (without the flames) to get a pretty nice non-stretchy Reed.

Yeah, I should have known better. @grumpy@

Not only did Hasbro glue those flames onto that body, but there are hard anchor points molded into it with posts. The only flames I actually managed to get off were the chest ones, and the result looks terrible.

So now I'm stuck with that Johnny fig, and a stretchy Reed. Ugh. Plus, Sue, Ben, and the Mole Man. What a waste of money.

I might as well just finish Ronan.

aaaahhhh.. the makings of a customizer.. lol. :P

but....that Invisible Woman figure is so good! The Reed has a good face...and Human Torch, well....he has one of the most awful head sculpts i've ever seen - even for Hasbro.

Namor is okay, and Mole Man is good.

but....that Invisible Woman figure is so good! The Reed has a good face...and Human Torch, well....he has one of the most awful head sculpts i've ever seen - even for Hasbro.

the HML FF wave never made it here, hence, i haven't seen one.. i just wanna ask, what's wrong with the torch's head sculpt? when i saw pictures of it, i thought it was nice.. coz my torch (the heroes reborn boxset) is like the crappiest torch ever.. and for me, that FF boxset is the crappiest FF figs ever..

the HML FF wave never made it here, hence, i haven't seen one.. i just wanna ask, what's wrong with the torch's head sculpt? when i saw pictures of it, i thought it was nice.. coz my torch (the heroes reborn boxset) is like the crappiest torch ever.. and for me, that FF boxset is the crappiest FF figs ever..

most people aren't happy because the final product they tried to do a flame effect on johnny's head, and it makes him look like a troll doll instead. its funny because the back of the packaging shows the prototype with a good headsculp without the stupid thing they added

most people aren't happy because the final product they tried to do a flame effect on johnny's head, and it makes him look like a troll doll instead. its funny because the back of the packaging shows the prototype with a good headsculp without the stupid thing they added

What's REALLY horrible, is that if they had even TRIED to do an entirely flamed-on variant of this figure, the fact it was entirely fire would have probably made the head sculpt look better and the hair wouldn't have stood out so much as weird.

Yeah, everyone said it already. But look at the database pictures of him. The add on flames that are on his body and clear - they look fine. But then the flames that are on his head aren't clear, and they ar ein place of his head. His head is ust awful.

and the picture on the back of the box shows the original prototype head - and it's SO MUCH BETTER. I don't know who thought 'wait, let's redo this head' and then 'ohyeah, way better'

because in the prototype pictures he looks like he could have been my figure Human torch figure, but then hasbro changed it and made him my least favorite one...

Going from 6 to 8 with a waves base figures is the only thing that's wrong with ML nowadays (...as if?!) three waves at 8 figures each? Do the math; that would be a whole additional wave! Nevermind the FF line or the Sm3 fiasco! plus the Two packs we'd still have 7+ waves in one year alone... Scale it back Hasbro, scale it back!?

Going from 6 to 8 with a waves base figures is the only thing that's wrong with ML nowadays (...as if?!) three waves at 8 figures each? Do the math; that would be a whole additional wave! Nevermind the FF line or the Sm3 fiasco! plus the Two packs we'd still have 7+ waves in one year alone... Scale it back Hasbro, scale it back!?

in other word stop trying to take our money. i need food.

I really hate those mid-transformation figures. They might work for statues, but they really have no purpose as action figures. The transformation takes seconds. For playability, we need a regular Johnny Storm and a flaming Human Torch. That mid-transformation thing is like an attept at an action figure. Useless. I think I'm going to pass on this wave.

but Johnny Storm aside - this wave is really well done.

The Invisible Woman is my favorite Invisible Woman put out to date. Her costume is an odd choice (considering i feel like she didn't wear that outfit too long), but it so well done. She doesn't have a dog face (which is rare for Hasbro ML), and she has good posability.

Mr Fantastic has a really good face. the figure leaves much to be desired - but i guess how many times can they put out a regular Reed Richards figure? It's cool looking sitting on my shelf behind all my other ML.

Mole Man is fine. Nothing too great but a good figure. Same with Namor - even if everyone seems to hate him. He's not too great, but he isn't THAT bad. I have yet to get Doom or Surfer...and Thing is the only one i have no interest in...although i might buy him just to complete my Ronan figure.

Johnny Storm is the only one that's honestly awful.

oohhh.. now i see why nobody likes the FF wave human torch.. the head kinda reminds me of the dragon ball z characters vegeta and the super saiyans.. are you guys aware of these anime characters? and yeah, the trolls.. but i still want the FF wave here.. if that wave makes it here, i'm still gonna grab a torch, plus the 3 fantastic peeps, and silver surfer.. my FF MLs suck big time..

oohhh.. now i see why nobody likes the FF wave human torch.. the head kinda reminds me of the dragon ball z characters vegeta and the super saiyans.. are you guys aware of these anime characters? and yeah, the trolls.. but i still want the FF wave here.. if that wave makes it here, i'm still gonna grab a torch, plus the 3 fantastic peeps, and silver surfer.. my FF MLs suck big time..

yeah hence the reason we call him super saiyan human torch.

I got the whole wave for 5 bucks each, so i ain't gonna complain!! That torch does suck, i agree!

how come you got it that cheap dude? did you buy them loose or did you do anything special? @twisted@ @twisted@ @twisted@