2 DC Direct figures break right out of the package, any recourse?

Mr.Pole

I purchase the new batman and son Batman today for $15. His arm fell off right out of the pack. I was opening Infinite Crisis Firestorm, arm fell off right out of the package. This really sucks for $15 figures. Anyone know about any customer service numbers or e-mail addys where they might make exchanges? The slimy guys at the comic shop likely will not exchange.

John

cant say im surprised.

i had a similar problem with the reactivated batman, and they told me to take him back to the store and get a new one. THAT DOES NOT COUNT FOR CUSTOMER SERVICE, DCD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That and the fact that most comic book stores don't return stuff.

Between the high price and limited articulation of DCD and the limited-at-best avalibility of DC Super Heroes (and you can be sure DC Classics, too), when you're talking DC action figures, it's pretty much a loose/loose situation.

I open most all my figures but a few are still in the package , so they are in a loose/lMOC situation!

Seriously though, I have experienced the same thing. Just this week I finally got a Killer Croc DCD figure from the Rogue's Gallery line and the damn left arm broke off AS I was taking him out of the plastic bubble! It just stayed in there when the rest of the figure was pulled out. I bought it online, so there was no store to return it to and I ended up using a Dremel and wood screw to create a new and better attachment of the now broken double ball joint, but I really should not have to put up with terrible quality like this, particularly for the prices DCD charges (although I got the figure on sale).

THe sculpt is great and I like the figure better than the DCSH version of Killer Croc, but I'm inclined to also stop buying ANY DCD figures too as long as they are fragile as China dolls and almost as poseable and costly.

cant say im surprised.

i had a similar problem with the reactivated batman, and they told me to take him back to the store and get a new one. THAT DOES NOT COUNT FOR CUSTOMER SERVICE, DCD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That and the fact that most comic book stores don't return stuff.

i got him at spencer's, but it still sucked like hell.