Triple H Calls Bret Hart Stupid; Hart Speaks On Cena!

Outsiders

WWE.com is currently running a “What If?” style article asking WWE personalities how the history of the company would have changed if it was Shawn Michaels who was screwed at the 1997 Survivor Series in Montreal. Triple H said, "That never would've happened. We're not that stupid."

Triple H’s comments may have been a response to Hart’s autobiography which closes with the following paragraph: "When I got into the business, wrestling was all about trust and respect and doing the honours meant something. I'll never forgive Shawn or Hunter, for killing the business that so many of us gave our lives for. Although pro wrestling will never truly die, but always morph into something else, the business that I knew and loved and gave all I had to is dead and gone forever. I escaped with my head up and my conscience clear."

Also on WWE.com is the second part of their interview with Bret Hart. Hart mentions his autobiography and says, "“I have a lot of respect for Batista and John Cena; they have a lot of charisma and I like the emotion they bring. Also, I always thought Rey Mysterio was underrated and never got the credit that he deserves. [Rey’s] not only just a great wrestler, but he may be one of the greatest of all time.”

Bret really needs to forgive Shawn and HHH. The wrestling world didn't revolve around him and that incident didn't kill wrestling, it actually helped it! IF Shawn is willing to kiss and make up Bret should too.

Ya gotta understand that Bret was pretty much shortchanged near the end of the 90's due to the HUGE push for Shawn.....Whether you like it or not the WWE really tells us who to like...in a round about way. Granted some wrestlers are more gifted than others with the mic but for the most part....whoever gets Vince's attention gets all the glory.

Yeah, Bret left for more money but he still felt very loyal to the WWE....even after he went to WCW I've heard things in different DvDs that Bret was kind of an outcast due to his heavy WWE colors. A lot of crappy stuff happened to Bret after the Survivor Series debacle. I don't blame him for feeling the way he does.........plus he never really got into the whole D-X thing.....the way they were vulgar and such.

I never got where Triple H called Bret Hart stupid. In Triple H's remark, he said "we're not that stupid" with regards to WWE brass and that they would not have allowed Bret to leave WWE still champion. HHH should have called Bret Hart stupid... whiny, a crybaby, and a sore loser stuck in the past. But, he didn't.

I never got where Triple H called Bret Hart stupid. In Triple H's remark, he said "we're not that stupid" with regards to WWE brass and that they would not have allowed Bret to leave WWE still champion. HHH should have called Bret Hart stupid... whiny, a crybaby, and a sore loser stuck in the past. But, he didn't.

Leave it to a JBL fan to misunderstand? Bret Hart and his family are what defined Pro Wrestling in the 80's-90's!!! If it weren't for the Dungeon 77% of the classic matches would not exist... noob!

Yea .. yea .. poor Bret. He got 'screwed' out of a title that he was about to loose anyway becuase HE decided to leave the company. On a side note , I wonder how much he has made off of this incident with books/appearances/dvds/etc ....

Bret Hart is a crybaby if the company tells you to lose the title at this event then you do it even if it is your home. He's only hurting himself with the money he could have made with appearances with the WWE. I get tired of hearing his useless comment and too me it sounds like he is watching everything that is going on which is sad!

Leave it to a JBL fan to misunderstand? Bret Hart and his family are what defined Pro Wrestling in the 80's-90's!!! If it weren't for the Dungeon 77% of the classic matches would not exist... noob!

Leave it to a Bret Hart sympathizer to prove himself a complete moron.

Nowhere in my response did I ever say anything about what Bret Hart said. I said I did not see where Triple H called Bret Hart stupid. Of course, if you say anything wrong about the almighty Bret Hart, there is always some clown who stops beating off to their Bret Hart DVD long enough to come defend their hero.

Oh, and I love that stat. The Dungeon is responsible for 77% of the classic matches... of what? Of all time? Of the 1990's? And, 77%? Why not use a nice round number like 28% or 63% or 47%? Or, would that sound stupid?

Not only do the points you make sound stupid and your writing abilities make you sound like a mentally challenged 12-year old, the fact you call someone a "noob" just makes Baby Jesus cry for you. Go watch Lonesome Dove (if you even get that reference) and think of how dreamy Bret was in 1996 and leave the discussions of Bret's ignorance and ego to the rest of the intelligent people

Leave it to a Bret Hart sympathizer to prove himself a complete moron.

Nowhere in my response did I ever say anything about what Bret Hart said. I said I did not see where Triple H called Bret Hart stupid. Of course, if you say anything wrong about the almighty Bret Hart, there is always some clown who stops beating off to their Bret Hart DVD long enough to come defend their hero.

Oh, and I love that stat. The Dungeon is responsible for 77% of the classic matches... of what? Of all time? Of the 1990's? And, 77%? Why not use a nice round number like 28% or 63% or 47%? Or, would that sound stupid?

Not only do the points you make sound stupid and your writing abilities make you sound like a mentally challenged 12-year old, the fact you call someone a "noob" just makes Baby Jesus cry for you. Go watch Lonesome Dove (if you even get that reference) and think of how dreamy Bret was in 1996 and leave the discussions of Bret's ignorance and ego to the rest of the intelligent people

Well he said "We're not that stupid" basically saying that he and Shawn are not as stupid as Bret Hart....so it a round about way he did call him stupid.

Or, he could have been saying "we're" as in World Wrestling Entertainment brass was not that stupid. After all, as much power as the "Clique" has backstage, they are not the ones booking things... WWE brass (namely McMahon) is.

Oh, and "Heel Turn!! Heel Turn!!" LOL! (That's an inside joke between us. You made me laugh, man!)

I can't even watch WWE/WWF anymore... there aren't any personalities that draw me in like the "New Age". The APA, The Rock, Stone Cold, Mankind, Y2J... and a couple of others were all that stood the test of time. And you did say HHH should have called Bret stupid, but I didn't have to respond, someone pointed out your error for me. So seeing that I'm a "Bret Sympathizer" Name one superstar that has single handedly changed the face of wrestling like Bret or his family (Extended or otherwise?)

Saying the Dungon is responsible for 77% of the good wrestling out there is a bit of a stretch. You have to realize not everyone came out of the Dungun. Only a few of the Canadian wrestlers. So realistically the number would be less than 5%. The Harts were a major influence in the industry, but with what your saying its almost like the Wrestling world OWES it all to them. Everyone respects Bret but most people here agree he should get over what happen on Montreal. The WWE did the right thing to screw him over.

Name one...

Ric Flair. Steve Austin. Hulk Hogan. Bruno Sammartino. Shawn Michaels. Mick Foley. Jimmy Snuka. Gorgeous George (1950's, should you think back that far). Antonio Inoki, etc... all influential for various reasons and all made a lasting impact on the business.

Yes, Bret Hart was a tremendous talent. But, he whines and I say he is a whiner. It is my opinion and I'm entitled to it just like you are to yours.

Oh, and if people want to name the guy who may very well go down as the most influential wrestler in the history of this business when looking at it 20 years from now... Chris Benoit will have more impact than any name, past or present, put together.

Oh, and if people want to name the guy who may very well go down as the most influential wrestler in the history of this business when looking at it 20 years from now... Chris Benoit will have more impact than any name, past or present, put together.

And that's... proving my point! Where did Benoit train? When the news broke on Benoit's slight case of death, who said he was like a brother to him? I'm not talking Jericho... That's right, Hitman!!! ...Schooled!!!

And by the way, when I say that they influenced 77% of pro wrestling, I meant by being co-workers, friends as well as opponents. Bret rarely did spots with Hogan because he knew Hogan was a pain in the assets! Look at all the best matches your favorite superstar performed... I promise The Dungeon is present

Even though I'm old man by today's performing standards I'd drop everything tomorrow to train in the dungeon, because as an semi-pro myself; I know it's all about the fundamentals!

Lets keep it clean ok guys... Like I have said before that you don't have to always agree with a members post but lets not drop it down to the level of name calling...

I'm not here to babysit and change diapers...

Lets keep it clean ok guys... Like I have said before that you don't have to always agree with a members post but lets not drop it down to the level of name calling...

I'm not here to babysit and change diapers...

I apologize for the inconvenience... He decided to get personal so I did so in return. I'll try to do better next time.

GR81 says:

Then why in everytime Bret is asked the question he cringes and is mad at everyone. WWE keeps it alive because there a business and fans loved the incident because it was controversial.

You answered your own question bro. What do you want him to say? That he is over it... Next question... That would make such a boring interview don’t u think. There would be no "What If" section currently running right now if so.

Beside, on the Bret Hart DVD, there was a brief section about the incident, but the focus was not there. And I believe I read somewhere saying that initially, the dvd project was suppose to be related to the survivor series incident only witch Bret refused.

Bret moved on my friends... just look at all the projects he is currently doing with the WWE...

And if the WWE is keeping the subject alive cause they are a business and fans loved the incident like u said, then they want him to say those things, if not, there would be no attention on the subject anymore.

My whole problem with it is Vince should have just been a man and told Bret "No you are losing the title. End of story. If you don't I'll strip you of it and you'll look even worse in front of your fans." Why lie about it? Its your company. Dont be a puss and tell him ok we'll do whatever you want and then screw him.

Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE