Best video game action figure series.

GhostMaverick

38 members have voted

1. 1. Best video game action figure series.

• Jazwares Mortal kombat
    • Sota street fighter
    • Neca resident evil
    • McFarlane Halo
    • Other

Just wondering which one everyone thinks is the all around best series. Even though im a huge MK fan and love everything Mortal kombat I just recently started my sota street fighter collection and i immediatly got hooked. The sota series is just amazing the detail,the accesories,and the price make this series an instant classic. Just looking to get everyone elses opions are please elobrate on your anwsers.

• 3 weeks later...

oh man yes the street fighter figures for the win! They jsut have the whole package; great articulation, awesome sculpts, and the most amazing accessories that even the most diehard fans(like myself) know about.

Id def say the RE figs come in at a close 2nd along with joyrides halo figs. The halo figs were awesome but didnt really support that great of paint if any at all. The new mcfarlane toys look to be having that remedied but i dont know about some of the covenant figures having that much articulation.

The mortal kombat figs are only really nice in the ninjas IMO, the rest like "discolored chest" kano are just jokes and cannon fodder. And honestly they feel very cheaply made. I ll still buy the ninja figs that they make if they make anymore but the reg figs prolly not.

Street Fighter has its good parts but the figures me and my brothers have aren't really any better then TBs MLs(and by that i mean loose joints, parts coming unglued, pieces breaking etc etc, but at least the don't have crap washes like alot of TBs MLs, they are actually clean looking for the most part)

I'd sayt he best video game figure line would be NECA's Players Select/Castlevania, atleast the Castlevania figs and Soul Reaver's Raziel, they have good artic for the most part from what i've seen and great sculpting and paint(and prolly won't break as easy as other lines)

Actually i just picked up the player select assasins creed figure and thats a damn fine figure. Good detail and paint plus all his weapons are accesable. Long sword,dagger,retractable blade, and his throwing knives are all fully useable. Definetly a good find if anyone happens to find it i recomend picking it up.

Although figures made in the US are decent, I'd have to say anything made by Japan tops the list. It may be expensive, but the amount of intricate detailing and articulation makes it worthwhile. That will be true especially when the Kaiyodo/Fraulein figures are released February 2008. I just hope the US picks up on it.

Then McFarlane (especially when those HALO 3 figures start pouring out). NECA's figures are okay, but definitely can use some improvements with paint application/accessories/articulation department. However, their sculpts are top-notch.

Street Fighter By SOTA.

It would be incredibly biased because i've started collecting this line and like alot of fans and collectors have become hooked on it :D

I can pretty much rule out the Jazwares MK figs. I got some Jazwares stuff recently and wasn't so impressed with the lack of articulation.

As for the others the HALO figures look great, but unfortunately aren't in scale to anything i have. The NECA figures tend to be incredibly life like but again more statue-sque rather than your typical action figure. (I could be wrong here though don't shout me).

I've voted SF but a little unfair of me, seeing as though i've never actually held a NECA RE figure or a HALO figure by mcfarlane. I'd have to be that up close and personal to be swayed.

Rich

Sorry to say guys but none of you have even came close to mentioning the best Video game action figures, Poke'mon is probably the best line out there. It's probably moved more figures than all the competition put together, statistcally saying.

Many lines have advantages over other lines so it's hard to say who in a general sense is the best. I could say hands down halo beats SF because of diversity ( the halo toyline has more characters and vehicles over SF) but then I could say SF has better higher quality figures, who says which is more important when throwing out the genealization of the "best".

Sorry to say guys but none of you have even came close to mentioning the best Video game action figures, Poke'mon is probably the best line out there. It's probably moved more figures than all the competition put together, statistcally saying.

Many lines have advantages over other lines so it's hard to say who in a general sense is the best. I could say hands down halo beats SF because of diversity ( the halo toyline has more characters and vehicles over SF) but then I could say SF has better higher quality figures, who says which is more important when throwing out the genealization of the "best".

Also, it depends on the person's taste. I honestly do not think SF is the best video game figure line out there since some of the characters are not accurate in terms of sculpt. I mean, R1 Ryu, Ken, Chun, and a few others looks nothing like their video game or Udon counterparts. Furthermore, scale could be a criteria in an individual for choosing what is the best line despite scale being an odd reason in determine which toyline is the best toyline..

Sota's Street Fighter figures before the line went belly up were AWESOME, but I have no interest in the restarted line as their cost is now out of line with other figures in the 6" - 7" scale.

• 3 weeks later...