What is up with the new ML packaging?

robb

Am I the only one who thinks it is more difficult to get one out of the package now than when toy biz had 20 ties to hold one figure ? For those who have not seen this yet, they have that little band holding it plus they molded plastic over and around legs, arms shields, swords, guns, and baf parts. You have to cut all around it to get it out. Why? The molded plastic it sits in should be enough to hold it in place. Is there an answer or will we have to wait for another Q&A where the answer would be

" We are looking at all possiblities and are never ruling anything out"

Sorry but it is a little overkill with the tie down, but i may be the only one if I am I apoligize.

Am I the only one who thinks it is more difficult to get one out of the package now than when toy biz had 20 ties to hold one figure ? For those who have not seen this yet, they have that little band holding it plus they molded plastic over and around legs, arms shields, swords, guns, and baf parts. You have to cut all around it to get it out. Why? The molded plastic it sits in should be enough to hold it in place. Is there an answer or will we have to wait for another Q&A where the answer would be

" We are looking at all possiblities and are never ruling anything out"

Sorry but it is a little overkill with the tie down, but i may be the only one if I am I apoligize.

i opened my HMLs, and they're ok. i just cut the rubberbands from the back, and push the fig out, also from the back. haven't encountered HMLs which were hard to get out of the packaging. the toybiz ones take a lot of patience to get the fig out of the package. too many twisties. i like the HML way of packaging the figs.

I was thinking about posting a similar topic. I just got most of ML 3 today and I have to say, it was a real pain in the butt trying to get the stuff out of that plastic. Cyclops was probably the hardest and he didn't even have a leg stuck between the molded plastic. It's quite the pain and actually made me miss the little twist ties.

i'll take having to cut the rubber bands over undoing a thousand twist ties any day. i like that there isn't anymore solid plastic capsule. i cut myself once or twice trying to get those things open. just ripping off the cardboard backing reminds me of my gi joes as a kid.

the creature who suffered the most is my cat choo choo. he loves twist ties and everytime i would get a new legends figure he would come and sit in front of me and wait for me to throw him one. he doesn't like the clear rubber bands so much.

i'll take having to cut the rubber bands over undoing a thousand twist ties any day. i like that there isn't anymore solid plastic capsule. i cut myself once or twice trying to get those things open. just ripping off the cardboard backing reminds me of my gi joes as a kid.

the creature who suffered the most is my cat choo choo. he loves twist ties and everytime i would get a new legends figure he would come and sit in front of me and wait for me to throw him one. he doesn't like the clear rubber bands so much.

lol. throw him your ML and let him munch it or play with it. haha. yup, cutting rubberbands rather than untwisting twisties. hands down. and yup, the clamshell packaging sucks. hasbro's packaging is cool.

still better than having to carve them from that plastic tomb.

i would imagine it would depend on what you collect for. i look for packaging thats easy to open cause i could care less about the packaging i want whats inside.

now the MOC collector, they could care less about bands or twisties cause they've never been that far, but that plastic prison was probably better cause they were easier to keep perfect than cardboard.

i'm not one of these people, i believe cardboard is made to be destroyed. but to each their own.

i like the cardboard backs, reminds me of the toys of yore, that i collected as a wee child. back in the days of crystar, and blackstar, inhumanoids and sectaurs. back when high tech civilizations lived in castles for some reason. while robot bears lived in straw huts and farmed.

Do we really need to many twist and ties?

I always had this question in my mind. Why can't they just use some tape. Saves them time and money, save us time and money (if they can take a buck off the price tag for using less twisties)

It is not the rubber bands I have a problem with it is the molding plastic around a leg or arm where you have to cut it to get the piece out. It is a pain in the neck. I hate to see akid trying to open these with out some parental help.

oh please!!!! you just want another reason to give out.

it cuase of that the the figure aren't moving while shipping. if it was the clamshell the joints become loose.

I kinda miss the Twist Ties for one reason: free Spider-man Webbing. the more you got the longer a cord of webbing would be. that doesn't happen as much these days.

I do like not having to deal with the clam shell, though.

when I was opening Mole Man, I kinda just yanked him out, not realizing how his staff was packaged. when he came out, his staff went flying! It took me about 20 minutes to actually find it (and in that time I was afraid that I had maybe split it in half!). Found it, though. and it was fine.

the rubber bands are too strong to just tear with my bare figures, though. I do need to whip out a box cutter, exacto knife, or some scissors (all of which I keep in my car where I usually open toys anyway :P ).

Anyway, the one thing I really miss about the TB packaging was the display cards behind the comics. those were pretty dandy. it sucks that Hasbro didn't adopt that. they should have a part on their site that lets you print out displays. that would be cool.

It is not the rubber bands I have a problem with it is the molding plastic around a leg or arm where you have to cut it to get the piece out. It is a pain in the neck. I hate to see akid trying to open these with out some parental help.

I kind of agree with this. I was opening some ML3s yesterday, and I was wary of breaking something or I dunno, maybe even ruining the paint job, by trying to yank them out of the molded plastic. I wonder how difficult it was just to get them in there. I do not miss twisty ties tho, but I did use a nail clipper to just clip the ties in accessible spots rather than untie them.

I kinda miss the Twist Ties for one reason: free Spider-man Webbing. the more you got the longer a cord of webbing would be. that doesn't happen as much these days.

I do like not having to deal with the clam shell, though.

when I was opening Mole Man, I kinda just yanked him out, not realizing how his staff was packaged. when he came out, his staff went flying! It took me about 20 minutes to actually find it (and in that time I was afraid that I had maybe split it in half!). Found it, though. and it was fine.

the rubber bands are too strong to just tear with my bare figures, though. I do need to whip out a box cutter, exacto knife, or some scissors (all of which I keep in my car where I usually open toys anyway :P ).

Anyway, the one thing I really miss about the TB packaging was the display cards behind the comics. those were pretty dandy. it sucks that Hasbro didn't adopt that. they should have a part on their site that lets you print out displays. that would be cool.

Yup, I use the twisty ties for Spidery webbing as well. Haha, it was great when there were unusually long twisty ties to make webbing with. There must be some place to coils of them, and I cant imagine it being expensive.

oh please!!!! you just want another reason to give out.

it cuase of that the the figure aren't moving while shipping. if it was the clamshell the joints become loose.

i do not know exactly what you mean but if you think I am complaning about hasbro and going to quite collecting because of the plastic that is furthest from the statement i made. I just want to know why they are making it harder to get them out, as another member stated I am worried of messing the figure up getting it out of the package. But if that is not what you meant, sorry.