No ML Wave 4 Beast? This can't be true.

ToyWorldBreaker

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what i am a bit more confused at is how did the build a figure go from a six piece to a five?

i hope this isn't something stupid like 5 regular and 3 variants makes an even case of 8 thing.

we better get that beast eventually. i'd wonder if they were holding him back for a box set, but they are giving us a astonishing cyclops right now (as well as danger) so that wouldn't work.

beast hasn't got the love he deserves from legends. that x3 one was kinda weak, the box set and regular were just a coat change, and the x-men line ones were all dressed silly. (i bought the cat face one and put the boxset ones labcoat on him to cover his silly clothes). his icon doesn't stand right, and he ended up grey for most people, plus we still don't have a defurred one at all. its about time he gets a good figure. i hope they explain why in the next podcast.

i really wanted him too.

another great reason for the fanboys to hate hasbro. if ever they remove him from the line up, they should put a replacement fig. i don't like a 5-fig wave.

i've said it before, if they replace him it better be with a green quicksilver as a normal "non variant" figure.

i've already got a green quicksilver. and i opened it. lol. as for the baf, maybe they connected two baf parts and packed it together with one fig. another possibility is that you may have to buy the variants to build the baf (ala giant man series). for me, that sucks. big time.

i've already got a green quicksilver. and i opened it. lol. as for the baf, maybe they connected two baf parts and packed it together with one fig. another possibility is that you may have to buy the variants to build the baf (ala giant man series). for me, that sucks. big time.

that would be a crappy thing to do considering they don't sell variants on their website. toybiz could get away with something like that in a store specific exclusive line, but i think that would be kinda mean to do in a normal wave.especially when there is a figure, there just electing not to use him (unless theres more to it than that)

that would be a crappy thing to do considering they don't sell variants on their website. toybiz could get away with something like that in a store specific exclusive line, but i think that would be kinda mean to do in a normal wave.especially when there is a figure, there just electing not to use him (unless theres more to it than that)

hasbro's really mean. they're pretty mean. they don't care about us. they'll do whatever they want without any regard to the collectors who are their products' biggest market.

1st, they no longer include comics with the MLs.

then, they reduced the POA of the figs.

they distributed the variants and regular figs unevenly. (no blue quicksilver here)

now, they pull out beast.

aren't they mean enough?

What bugs me more than the yanking of AXM Beast is the fact that the cases still have 8 figures in them. This means we're going to see a TON of pegwarming Punishers. BAF waves should have figures evenly produced. I sort of like putting the variant Hydra Soldier in the mix, but otherwise this is a mess. You'd think they'd have learned from TB that overpacking Punisher figures is a bad idea. Wave 6 was nearly impossible for a lot of people to find, but in spite of terrible distribution the movie Punisher still managed to warm pegs in some places. And wave 4 Punisher is a real contender for single biggest ML pegwarmer ever. Definitely in the top 5.

I'm not sure how reliable this is, but it looks like AXM Beast has been replaced with the open mouthed Hydra soldier varient.

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo...umber=HMV78100D

I am of two minds on this.

On the one hand, I applaud their regontition of fans' desires to army build. Trying to find a way to make Hydra soldier more availible, particularly the varient, was admirable. Cheers, Hasbro.

On the other hand, there had to have been a better way to do it that dropping a new figure.

Thanks for all the info guys but this doesn't make me feel any better. Hasbro knows alot of people have been waiting for this figure. If they were going to pull one, the punisher should have been the one to pull. Pegwarmer Punisher!!! Don't get me wrong I like the Punisher but I don't need another figure of the guy. If they did the Captain America Punisher now that would be something to look forward to and might even make up for yanking AXM Beast.

another great reason for the fanboys to hate hasbro. if ever they remove him from the line up, they should put a replacement fig. i don't like a 5-fig wave.

Not only does it seem like a 5-figure wave,but we get to pay an 8-figure price for it.Check the $89.00 price tag at BBTS. I don't need multiples of figs I wasn't exactly crazy about in the first place. @grumpy@

Not only does it seem like a 5-figure wave,but we get to pay an 8-figure price for it.Check the $89.00 price tag at BBTS. I don't need multiples of figs I wasn't exactly crazy about in the first place. @grumpy@

Dare I point out that you're paying an eight-figure price because you're getting eight figures? If you buy a case, the fact that some of them are duplicates is irrelevent; that's what happens when you buy a case.

we don't have those cases here in the philippines. the figs are on the shelves individually. if you want only the 5 figs, then don't buy the case.. i hope things will clear up soon.. i want to know the real score..

I think it's great that they are making army builders readily available and it's probably a reaction to how the Hydra soldier is consistently selling out on hasbrotoyshop.com. It's the one I haven't seen in stock. To make the variant equally available in the next wave is smart as well, because if there are two versions, if I personally get one of each, I'll be content, because they can support Baron Strucker. I don't need more than two. I bought two Brood/Skrull sets, and the Skrulls support Super Skrull, and the Brood are waiting for their Queen. So I'm GREAT if they are making the variant available in the next wave. Smart!

And even better if they will make a mutant-centric wave next, like FF Legends, which can include all those figures like Astonishing Beast, 1st appearance Storm, Silver Samurai, AOA Sunfire, Updated Magneto, Lilandra, and Northstar and/or Aurora. There are a ton of mutants there, so an 8 figure wave of them to build... Sauron?... Would be kickass!

So let's see what Hasbro has up their sleeve before we freak about the missing Beast.

I think the only reason they're taking him out is so they can do an X-Men wave so that he and storm can fit in?

@hmmm@ *cough* Gambit, new Rogue, Lee Jean Gray or Icon Phoenix scalled down.............. Just some possible names.

Draven