If you only buy one 5 inch movie figure, make it Scorpion

Alexx

downononeknee.jpg

First, let me address the majority: I know you hate the 5 inch figures. That's cool. They're useless with your current setup of 6 inchers and most of them are ugly.

We cool?

Awesome.

Now, for the rest of you: If you love toys in general, then this is just a well sculpted, fun little action figure. Even the action feature makes playing with the figure fun! Take a look at the backside:

backside.jpg

See that? You just push the tail to one side and *WHIP*....the sucker flings to the other side and attacks your figures! If you're just playing with him the tail serves perfectly for just swinging it around. Of course, you've got to have an enemy to hit, or the tail will just hit poor Scorpion in the face...

Now the first thing that impresses me with this figure is simply the look of 'em!

pose.jpg

It's mechanical, he's got these straps around him, and the clear faceplate just looks raw and awesome; certainly giving him a more cyborg feel than the original (I'm not sure if the original Scorpion was cyborg or if he just had the suit grafted to 'em). Also, the faceplate flips up for a neat little feature:

faceplateup.jpg

If you're looking for a figure to pose, well he's good lookin' enough to display, but his tail is really meant for play. Here's what I managed for poses:

Grabbin folks

gottcha.jpg

fightins.jpg

Overall I like the guy because most of the 5 inchers are a bit on the ugly side....which is hard to say since many MLs haven't impressed me much either. I suppose it's the brighter colors for some, which usually don't bother me. This one stands out because he is a good realistic looking cyborg monster who is fun to play with! If you want some cyborg/human battles, just give New Goblin a gun and have at it with Scorpion! They looks great together and kinda give off a "cybernetic future" feel.

holdingspidey.jpg

As I said above, if you like action figures in general, then this guy is alot of fun! He'll be particularly interesting for folks who like the cyborg look, or perhaps if you'd like a good base for a custom Borg figure.

I freely admit I give Hasbro a hard time on their five inch lines. I never said they had awful sculpts, though. I saw the Black Cat and Shocker today and thought that they were decent figures. Now this Scorpion (which is from the Spider-man 3 video game) you have is cool. I would seriously consider getting him. He was a great anti hero in the game and I'm sure I'll factor that in my decision. Cool action pics, by the way.

I freely admit I give Hasbro a hard time on their five inch lines. I never said they had awful sculpts, though. I saw the Black Cat and Shocker today and thought that they were decent figures. Now this Scorpion (which is from the Spider-man 3 video game) you have is cool. I would seriously consider getting him. He was a great anti hero in the game and I'm sure I'll factor that in my decision. Cool action pics, by the way.

Yeah, I didn't mean to put words in other's mouths; I know alot of you don't think they are ugly. It's mostly the size factor. Anyhow, thanks for the compliment and keep a lookout for 'em! If you liked 'em in the game then he'll have even more draw for ya, I think.

@firedevil@ 5 inch figures should be wiped from the face of the Earth. I shall devise a virus to erradicate all 5 inch figures from existence. @loll@

...please don't. Many of my old superhero toys are 5 inches and i'd hate to loose my old peices of nostolgia (even if they do just sit in a box for now). However, if you do manage to devise a way of destroying plastic of only a certain size, then you totally deserve the title of Villain if not Super Villain (considering the super brain it would take to devise something that silly and actually make it work). In the meantime I will being work on a sheild against your diabolical scheme so that my old toys don't become casualties in a war against new toys.

That was pretty cool. I'm not convinced that I should start getting 5-inch movie figures, but you've managed to persuade me that they're not total crap.

Cool, cool. Not tryin' to convince you to collect the entire load of 'em, just showing off the potential diamond in the rough. If you're a fan of toys at all, then this figure will impress regardless of size. If you've got any toy at all in his size range, then I urge you to give 'em a shot! He'll look cool killing any number of 5 inch toys.

@firedevil@ 5 inch figures should be wiped from the face of the Earth. I shall devise a virus to erradicate all 5 inch figures from existence. @loll@

...did you even read the part of his initial post where he acknowledged the unpopularity of five inch figures and asked you to move on for the purpose of this thread?

Go ToyWorldBreaker!

Hasbro: give that Scorpion some Pym particles and grow him about an inch.

I 2nd that. Despite the detail and posability of these 5 inchers, which often appeals to my interest, where are the six inch movie figures? Of course their are SM 3 6 inch movie figures, but they just don't suffice. I can't find a dang Venom anywhere.

never gonna buy 5-inch figs. never.

Well....I gettcha there man, hence my disclaimer at the top. However, since folks insist on mentioning it anyway: Why don't you just think of it as a cool toy? I mean, didn't ya have any superhero toys when you were little? They were all 5 inches. Think of those elders of your new toys! They worked hard to bring you the 6 inchers that you have now. Walked uphill both ways....in the snow! Twenty feet of it!

Anyway, my post wasn't to convince you to buy 5 inchers, just to take notice of a well made toy that was fun to play with. However, if your goal in toy collecting is to buy MLs and anything that matches thier size, then more power to ya. It isn't any less fun!

Well....I gettcha there man, hence my disclaimer at the top. However, since folks insist on mentioning it anyway: Why don't you just think of it as a cool toy? I mean, didn't ya have any superhero toys when you were little? They were all 5 inches. Think of those elders of your new toys! They worked hard to bring you the 6 inchers that you have now. Walked uphill both ways....in the snow! Twenty feet of it!

Anyway, my post wasn't to convince you to buy 5 inchers, just to take notice of a well made toy that was fun to play with. However, if your goal in toy collecting is to buy MLs and anything that matches thier size, then more power to ya. It isn't any less fun!

we're cool, right? nothing wrong with the 5-inch fig, except that it's not 6 inches. lol. nothing against your idea that the scorpion fig is cool, i just don't like it 'coz it's not 6 inches. yup, i know they all came from 5-inch fig ancestors, so, thanks to those who brought us the 6-inch line. 'coz 6-inch is the way to go! it's not that i'm anti-5-inch figs, it's just that i'm very pro-6-inch figs!!! lol!

I'm sorry but that ain't scorpion.I don't know why hasbro keeps changing the classic costumes but It pisses me off.

get it throug you sculls hasbro,classic costumes only!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Screw that. Some classic costumes look @##@@ ridiculous. Hence why they get changed.

Luke Cage, I am looking right at you!

Also, this Scorpion is totally accurate to its source material. It's not Hasbro's fault if you don't know what the source material is.

we're cool, right? nothing wrong with the 5-inch fig, except that it's not 6 inches. lol. nothing against your idea that the scorpion fig is cool, i just don't like it 'coz it's not 6 inches. yup, i know they all came from 5-inch fig ancestors, so, thanks to those who brought us the 6-inch line. 'coz 6-inch is the way to go! it's not that i'm anti-5-inch figs, it's just that i'm very pro-6-inch figs!!! lol!

Oh, yeah man! No anger involved at all. It's not like I don't have a ton of MLs as it is, and I have spent enough time looking for ML equivalents to my old figures (that variant Cyclops from the Sentenel wave was a #$#@#, since he wore the costume that my old Cyclops did). I just buy a bunch of toys on the side as well, so the sizes don't bother me as much.

I'm sorry but that ain't scorpion.I don't know why hasbro keeps changing the classic costumes but It pisses me off.

Man, it's just a toy. I mean, yes, it is Scorpion. However, if he was classic Scorpion I wouldn't have bought him. I have classic Scorpion. I'm set. What I wanted from this figure was a freakin' badass lookin' toy, and that's what I got. I don't care what the name on the package says, I'll make 'em whatever I want him to be.

As far as I'm concerned, I hope Hasbro keeps making ALL KINDS of suits from the ages and different games and movies. If we just kept getting the classic suits, me and all the rest of the folks who enjoy something other than what they've seen a hundred times would get bored as hell. Make mine Marvel....not just classic Marvel, ALL Marvel.

Man, it's just a toy.

That seriously might be the single greatest phrase in all of "toy-dom".

When you get down to the base of it all, you couldn't be more right Alexx.

@firedevil@ O.K. Alexx, I'll modify my virus to only erradicate 5 INCH fugures that HASBRO has made since 2001 . Your older 5 INCH figures will be safe for now. LoL!!

I saw one of those 5inch Scorpions in Walmart yesterday and still was not impressed. I picked it up looked it over and said to myself this figure would be so much cooler if it was 6 inches and would go great with the rest of my 6inch based figures. I put it back down and didn't purchase it because I refuse to support 5inch figure sales. I'm sure Hasbro will be hard headed and try to keep pushing 5incher's on the public but if we refuse to support the 5incher's sales they will listen. No matter how cool the 5incher may look. It could come to life for all I care and I would still NOT buy it!

I read the disclaimer but when it comes to the size of my figures. Size does matter. @pow@

:D Alexx your comment to my first comment made me laugh @haha@

I looked at the pics you had of the Scorpion and he kind of reminds me of a Borg with a tail. ^_^

you're the funniest guy around here. lol.

:D Alexx your comment to my first comment made me laugh @haha@

I looked at the pics you had of the Scorpion and he kind of reminds me of a Borg with a tail. ^_^

He reminds me of Sci-Fi, from G.I. Joe, with a tail.

Screw that. Some classic costumes look @##@@ ridiculous. Hence why they get changed.

Also, this Scorpion is totally accurate to its source material. It's not Hasbro's fault if you don't know what the source material is.

You smoked some really good stuff!

All the classic costumes look amazing.What has this piece of crap got to do with scorpion??? That suit is a pure invention of hasbro,scorpion never wore this suit.It doesn't even look like him.Whoever came up with this at hasbro should be fired on the spot!

Accurate to source material,GIVE ME A BREAK!! Obviously you know nothing of the classic era to make such a statement.Read the classic comics from the 60's then come and talk to me!

Kids today,they think they know it all when in fact they know nothing!!!

I’m not opposed to a five inch scale for action figures - I’m opposed to a five inch scale for Marvel Legends. If there was a universal shrinking in the sizes of ML’s…I’d never buy another. That’s just me personally. But ultimately this lil guy isn’t bad. I can’t say I’m extremely fond of the costume design. I’d take classic scorpion any day. I guess you can call me old school. I know this is supposed to be video game scorpion but essentially it’s a what if design - what if Scorpion appeared in the movies. I can’t say I’ve been wild about any of the Spidey movie designs other then Doc Ock and Sandman (whom essentially is comic sandman). But the figure itself isn’t bad. I may pick up the “movie/game” mysterio when it’s released simply because mysterio figures are rarities.

You smoked some really good stuff!

All the classic costumes look amazing.What has this piece of crap got to do with scorpion??? That suit is a pure invention of hasbro,scorpion never wore this suit.It doesn't even look like him.Whoever came up with this at hasbro should be fired on the spot!

Accurate to source material,GIVE ME A BREAK!! Obviously you know nothing of the classic era to make such a statement.Read the classic comics from the 60's then come and talk to me!

Kids today,they think they know it all when in fact they know nothing!!!

I know plenty of the classic era Spider-Man, as my bookshelf can attest to. But you apparently don't know enough of the modern era to make sweeping statements about source material.

This Scorpion costume is taken from the design used in the Spider-Man 3 video game. All of the villain designs from the 5 inch Spidey line are taken either from the movies or the video games based on the movies. Lizard, Kraven, and Rhino are using their SM3 game designs. Shocker and Vulture were unchanged for their inclusion in the Spider-Man 2 video game. The first Scorpion figure in the five inch line was based on his constume from the first Spider-Man movie video game.

I will thank you very much not to question my knowledge of Spidey.