why SnowJob is so cool

jasonwelcome

I think this figure is very well thought out, if you look at the way the head is constructed, you can see that both the hood and goggles are removable...allowing one to switch out head from other joes to make winter gear versions of each respective joe....your thoughts

Its a nice idea in principle, but it'll be harder in execution. The 25thAnn. figures do not have screws in the back so swaps actually involve breaking the figure apart, doing the swaps and then re-gluing back together. There's going to be an awful ot of people who will not trust their own hand-skills enough and thus will be very reluctant to try that.

I can already see myself buying a few to make a small platoon of 25th Joes in Winter gear. Just need to switch the head and I plan on constructing a few additions to make it look like the hood is down on the back of the neck. I can't wait for 2008.

I think this figure is very well thought out, if you look at the way the head is constructed, you can see that both the hood and goggles are removable...allowing one to switch out head from other joes to make winter gear versions of each respective joe....your thoughts

The hood and goggles do come off.

http://i.toynewsi.com/g/?mode=view&alb...00&start=20

Thats a pretty good idea, you could probably put someone like Duke's head on the figure and have Duke in artic gear.

Its a nice idea in principle, but it'll be harder in execution. The 25thAnn. figures do not have screws in the back so swaps actually involve breaking the figure apart, doing the swaps and then re-gluing back together. There's going to be an awful ot of people who will not trust their own hand-skills enough and thus will be very reluctant to try that.

not to just switch a head they don't, they simply pop off. I don't think people interested in building an arctic squad using the Snow Job figure are going to switch other body parts, that is just unnecessary. pop off the heads and done.

Actually the Snow Job character, figure and accessories place him in my top ten favorite Joes. When I first picked him up back in 1983 I included hime in every mission since then. I dig Torpedo for much the same reasons, but he was harder to place in every mission.

I just want that head so I can sculpt on some hear and make a Leonidas custom

Hey I'll give you one of my extra heads!

At least comic pack Duke's head will go to good use. ;)

Snow Job was one of my first figures too. He & Rock N Roll were my first Joe team.

Snow Job is my fav too. I always loved the accessories. By far the coolest stuff in the first two waves of figures. I was never really a fan of the toon, but I did like the fact they used SJ's laser rifle. Besides M-16s and AKs, I always try to grab up these rifles for my Joes. My extended fam is from Vermont, so I have been through Rutland, Snowy's hometown.