Good movie figs that can stand in for their comic counterpart

pastwatch2001

Most of the X2 figures were pretty good.

i dunno if you mean they LOOK like the comic counterpart or if the figure itself is good enough that'f you'd want to display it with the comic versions.

But the x2 Wolverine that i have (i honestly don't remember what he was specifically called) is really great. I have him displayed with my Marvel Legends figure. As was the X-Men professor X, although i don't remember if he was from X1 or X2.

The hasbro movie Juggernaut is ok looking - but he could never substitute for the real one (which i still don't even have). The likeness on the Jean Grey from x1 is really great, it looks just like Famke Janssen...although the posability leaves MUCH to be desired. but they should have used that face on the X3 Dark Phoenix...

The J jonah jameson figure from the first spiderman movie line could totally second as the comic version of JJ Jameson (they look nearly identical). As could the Peter Parker from that same line.

J. Jonah Jameson !!!

id also have to say the movie spideys, and since we havent gotten MJ or JJJ in six inch scale yet, them too. its not that far of a stretch...

Agreed, Both movie JJ and Spider-man work quite well as comic figures.

i had that x2 xavier subbing for the comic one for a while, but after i got the regular legends one i noticed it looked alot more uniform with the other legends figures. the x2 one got moved over to the x3 legends section. he's happier over there.

blades my choice though. he doesn't stand out in my collection as an obvious movie figure.

jjj was also good, i kinda regret not picking him up, but i think i saw him at a local comic shop not long ago, i may have to go back for him after all. hed be nice mixed in with my spidey villians.

It's not really a 6" ML but I really liked the 12" Ultimate GHost Rider. It's still my favourite ML Icons... well maybe 2nd to Venom but still a great figure! Stands well and looks cool.

I really like the X3 Juggernaut. It's not as huge as the comic ML Juggernaut but X3 Jugs is still a great figure.

Hopefully the future Iron Man figures...

I hope so too, considering how the ml 7 Ironman is a bit unporportional in terms that he has really skinny arms with shoulders sticking out a few inches away from the body. With that said, I have a hard time imagining that Tony Stark is under the armor since no human being can wear such a armor I just pretend it is one of those suits he controls via remote that happens to have a likeness to his face under the mask for some odd reason

Well 6 inch movie Venom just became my default, since I never got the Sinister Six boxed set. The movie version is the first one I've liked since then. The last one....the big bulgy one with the super long jaw and snot plastered all over his mouth...uck. I hate that version of Venom. So I'm glad this movie version has come along.

Movie Spider-Man works well (a few different versions) but ever since I got the classics one with the climbing wall I stopped buying Spidey. Now I'm waiting for the perfect black costume.

The movie Human Torch (clear orange) is pretty cool, and I like it better than painted flame. Either way, if you've got a guy on fire then you've got a good Human Torch, so it's not hard. I just like semi-clear figures way more than I should.

As for the future, I'm hoping that the Iron Man movie figures will be useable. Even if they aren't I'm still looking forward to the designs; I'm hoping for a figure of his first grey suit. That'll be awesome if they leave out the action features.

does anyone have that 12" clear sue storm from the first movie in with their icons?

i've been trying to find some 12" figures to beef up my icons display. i have the cosmic surfer from target and the 12" black spidey from the smc line, and the 12" ghost rider, and i'm searching for the marvel studios 12" blade, but i was wondering if, both size and look wise, sue would match up with icons?

Well 6 inch movie Venom just became my default, since I never got the Sinister Six boxed set. The movie version is the first one I've liked since then. The last one....the big bulgy one with the super long jaw and snot plastered all over his mouth...uck. I hate that version of Venom. So I'm glad this movie version has come along.

Movie Spider-Man works well (a few different versions) but ever since I got the classics one with the climbing wall I stopped buying Spidey. Now I'm waiting for the perfect black costume.

The movie Human Torch (clear orange) is pretty cool, and I like it better than painted flame. Either way, if you've got a guy on fire then you've got a good Human Torch, so it's not hard. I just like semi-clear figures way more than I should.

As for the future, I'm hoping that the Iron Man movie figures will be useable. Even if they aren't I'm still looking forward to the designs; I'm hoping for a figure of his first grey suit. That'll be awesome if they leave out the action features.

I beg to disagree, SMC Symbiote Blast Venom has an awesome sculpt, and is a lot more comic accurate than any of the other versions of Venom. He matches the actual character in comic lore! The movie Spidey didn't last but 30 minutes in the movie before he was annihilated by a pumpkin bomb!

I beg to disagree, SMC Symbiote Blast Venom has an awesome sculpt, and is a lot more comic accurate than any of the other versions of Venom. He matches the actual character in comic lore! The movie Spidey didn't last but 30 minutes in the movie before he was annihilated by a pumpkin bomb!

No begging needed, you're fully entitled to disagree! In any case, my comment was based on personal opinion; I agree that the last Venom was very well sculpted and quite comic accurate.....I just don't like that version. I perfer the older style with a regular sized jaw and not quite as bulgy and gigantic. You know....more muscular human than monsterous.

In any case, the movie version is as close as I'm gona get to that old version. It's got a neat flair to 'em as well, what with the silver webs. Mostly it's going to serve as my main Venom until they come out with a classic style figure, which you know will come sometime in the future.

SMC Venom looks as if he couldn't clap his hands with his twisted little arms. And as has been pointe out, he's comic accurate to one portrayal of Venom, of which there have been several.

I can't stand SMC Venom, myself.