Your favorite ML that doesn't get any love?

pastwatch2001

Something a little different besides the usual "what's the best ML figure?" question.

Just what the title says, what's one of your favorite ML figures that you personally feel is a great figure but doesn't seem to generate the same amount of praise than say Juggernaut, Deadpool, FO Hulk or Mcfarlane Spidey does? or hell, people may even hate the figure but you like it anyway.

For me, one figure I really happen to like is Doctor Strange. As a big fan of Doc, it's hard enough to come across a figure of him in any toyline and yeah the cape could have been better but its still one fine figure in my book.

Great topic!

I have a list:

Sentry: Really just a nice figure, and some very good poses possible from him. The hands/fingers are very good. One of the best for flying poses.

Deathlok: I think he's needlessly maligned. Really nice action poses possible with him and he's got a lot of detail. The red colours really stand out.

Iron Fist: he's not mentioned all that much, but he's a real stand-out figure. Martial arts poses with all kinds of subtlety are easy with him. Plus his Chi flames work for a suprising number of figures and in a lot of different ways.

Marvel Monsters: an underrated set. The characters sit right on the periphery of the Marvel Universe, but they ARE in there. I think that just because we haven't seen some of these characters in print in decades doesn't mean they are lesser characters. Frankenstein and Living Zombie can hit some awesome poses.

Captain Marvel: Another one we do not hear much about. Just an awesome sculpt, bang-on for the character. A great flyer

Face-off Red Skull: Another one that gets maligned needlessly. The costume is on that is NOT iconic, nor has it been seen outside of maybe one or two issues, but I think it still works. Its the head sculpt that makes the character. You could put him in chef's whites or a ballerina get-up and he'd still be the SKull.

Face-off Baron Strucker: Same suit, totally different look. The deal-maker here is the crimson claw on the right hand. With the Skull, it looks like these guys teamed up to take on Cap, and donned some high-tech body-suits to do it.

Pyro: Another figure that has the combo of great detail and can be posed really well.

Man-thing: see Deathlok/Marvel Monsters. A character a lot of younger fans just don't care about--but its not the Marvel Universe without him. I'm really glad we got him sooner, rather than later.

Captain Britain: I can get some really neat flying poses with him. The head and hands make the figure.

BAF MODOK: Okay, so he's a guy in a chair.......he's got just an amazing sculpt. Just a crazy-looking figure.

BAF Onslaught: Probably the best detailed figure going. Sure, folks take the piss out of him for scale and styling, but its a wicked looking figure.

Banshee: I admit it took me a couple of days to like the figure. I was posing it, and trying to find the sweet spot--once I did, the figure is amazing.

Doctor Octopus: Sculpt is really true to the comics, and those tentacles can do so much.

Shocker: despite his rigid arms, I still like the sculpt on him. One of my all-time favourite Spidey Villains.

i'd have to say:

Spiderwoman: both black haired Jessica Drew and red head Julia Carpenter versions. They are just really great figures. The body is small without being too tiny and frail looking (like Psylocke or Kitty Pryde). her hands are great and the hair is just really well done. She has some really great posability too.

Sentry: a really great (and kinda simple) figure.

Ms Marvel: one of my favorite marvel legends that people don't seem to mention when it comes to favorites

Dr Strange: i agree with everything Pastwatch2001 said about this figure

Young Avengers: this was such a good boxed set. All 4 of the figures are really awesome, espeically Asgardian/Wiccan.

Nightcrawler (from the X2 movie line): this figure is just really cool. he cme with a pretty great base that i had mounted to my wall for the longest time and it looked awesome.

the new Rachel Grey figure is also one of my new favoriites as is the new Invisible Woman - but i'm pretty sure most people like both those figures too.

Xorn - He seems to be a peg warmer, but I love the helmet and the Magneto head underneath is icing on the cake.

Scarlet Witch - I know she's an ugo, but I really wanted her. Besides I don't think she's that hot in the comics.

Professor Xavier - Another Peg warmer, but is the centerpiece for my X-Men.

Howard the Duck/Toad: I doubt either will ever get a figure again. Howard was a nice suprise.

Mojo: He's a pretty good BAF IMO. And he's been a featured villian for the x-men in several issues, not to mention tying in with several MLs origins.

Transforming GR/FA Ghost Rider: Hated for some reason. I guess being a GR fan makes me biased, but I like both figures. Plus, you can't have a Legion of Monsters without him!

1. the SMC snap shot spidey - so beautifully ditko

2. the spidey deluxe 12" black spider-man (stands 10 times better than the icons one)

3. ionic wonder-man - i hate this character in the books, but i love this figure

4. ml mosters zombie - love the texture

5. dr. strange

Wow, when I read the topic name I immediately said "Doctor Strange." He is in my top five favorite Marvel Legends of them all. I even like the cape! I would like a Hasbro version with a larger (and seperate) Eye of Aggamotto and a cape that would allow more arm movement and spell poses.

I have to also mention Black Panther. Detail! Sculpt! C'mon, his body was re-used for Wonder Man, Captain Britain as well as Sentry. I know bodies get used over a lot but Panther's is the standard in my opinion.

Hmm most of the ones posted have a fan following as being good to be honest. I think Arrow nailed it the best. Deathlok, Manthing and Marvel Monsters are some of my favs that not a lot seem to appreciate it. Hell I got two Man Things I like him so much! (thanks to Jase :) )

Draven

Absorbing Man and Kang captured my taste, despite their blatant rarity. They also fill the favorite list because of their characters portrayed in comics, relatively with their common attributes they share with the comics, in figure form. They both present perfect six inch scale, in accordance with most of my MLs. Despite what people may say, Iron-Spidey is also quite one of my favorites. He was actually a rare figure that I was lucky to have been granted, in my area. The paint-job is immaculate, with the chrome detail that no other figure has.

I'd hafta echo the Cap Brit one, cause, while not a favorite character of mine, the sculpt and the figure itself just jumped out at me, very well done. Monsters set as well, it was a must get (yay movie monsters!)

The SMC Sandman as well, though it got more than enough praise I'm sure.

Oh yeah..... *shakes fist at Draven* Curse you and your owning of Man-Thing!! ((I was only able to afford Iceman, Cap, and IM from that wave, so.....curse you!)

:D

wooohooo! a very great topic! dude, my dr. strange can't stand up! huhu..

my all-time fave MLs that aren't as hot to others:

1. Sentry

2. Captain Britain.

3. Wonder Man

4. Black Panther

Note that all these figs use the same body sculpt. for me, its the best body sculpt used by toybiz. yup yup yup!