Wave 3 Cancelled?

munch

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Oh yeah, that's right. They had revealed those animated figures before.

Don't worry GG will put out more! THey will me limited chase exclusives though or maybe open only to rafle to those who pay for GG membership fee :P

geez I'm not bitter much am I? :P

So are there any updates on this?? Will we see Series 3?

I dunno if they will cancel any of the already planned waves, but I just don't see this line living long. I'm a hardcore comic nut and I don't know half these characters. I just don't know if quality toys is enough without decent liscences.

I've bought every figure I've found so far, and I love every single one. They are not only the best toys out right now, but probably ever, the sculpts are great, quality control is at all times high for TB/Marvel Toys, the paint jobs, everything is just great.

I bought alot of hasbro stuff at the same time, and it's disgusting to see how bad they've messed up the Marvel liscence. The sculpts, detail, paint, build a figure size, plastic quality, is not even comparable, yet for some reason the price is the same. But Marvel Legends, and the other Marvel lines will go on indefinitelly, and continue to sell out, because people know who they are.

While the pegs are filled with LCBH anywhere that actually stocks them to begin with.

All I can do is just loyally buy this great line and hope for the best.

well, this line is doing so bad that the day after christmas when all the toys were gone from the aisles, these toys remained strong at the store. These and the spiderman 3 figures.

clearance is screaming from these pegs. (and even if that would be tempting enough)

Dude you ever see any of wave 1 on clearance you pick them up for me :D same goes for the conan pack & the judge dead/death junk or what not :D

I doubt Wave 3 is cancelled. I have waves 1 and 2 as well as the Conan two pack. (found them at Meijer and Walmart) I highly recommend these figures! Pitt and Monkey Man are awesome Build-A-Figures!

DSC01675.jpg

I would agree totaly, I have both as well.

A hard to find, ovepriced line is highly-forgettable 90s independent comic book characters, most of which don't have titles anymore... the only one with any recent notoriety being Witchblade, and the new anime series is so far disconnected from the original source material none of the new fans will even recognize the old version.

The line is not overpriced, they offer more for the money than any other toyline or company on the market. And plenty of the characters are still in the spotlight, Conan and the Darkness both have new video games, Aphrodite IX apparently has an anime on the way. Savage Dragon and the Judges are almost as popular as they've ever been.

Hmmm, now I'm tempted to buy wave 2 if I ever see it again(saw it once) just for the monkey BAF. @loll@

As it is I only bought series 1 for Pitt, I've wanted a figure of him since forever.

My local Wal-mart that is about sixty miles away had atleast two full sets of wave one and two but no two packs before Christmas, and I just went there last week, I swear they had the same ones heh. I plan to get both waves. But I have a feeling once I can afford them they will all be gone :( So is there a site that list all of wave one and two along with variants??And what is in waves 3 and 4??

Brent

My local Wal-mart that is about sixty miles away had atleast two full sets of wave one and two but no two packs before Christmas, and I just went there last week, I swear they had the same ones heh. I plan to get both waves. But I have a feeling once I can afford them they will all be gone :( So is there a site that list all of wave one and two along with variants??And what is in waves 3 and 4??

Brent

Wave 3 (from what we have seen) has Vanguard, Aphrodite XI (or IX.. or something), Mean Machine Angel, and a Artic Conan (or somesuch). And the BAF is an Ice Giant. Only shown 4 figures thus far and that was waaaay back at SDCC I believe. Nothing has been mentioned about Wave 4.

I knew the line was doomed from the start. How do you base a line on decade old flash in the pan characters, and expect it to fly?

Don't get me wrong, I was happy to pick up the ones I wanted. I've waited a LONG time for a Monkeyman action figure. But I could not have been much more disappointed in the O'Brian. While Madman was quite an improvement over his Big Blast incarnation.

The distribution was shoddy at best. Most of the stores that got them, STILL have them. I travel quite a bit, and just about everywhere I've been this is a line of peg warmers.

I'm actually quite happy to see the line disappear. The don't seem to have any plans for a single character I care about. Aside from he possible exception of another Grendel, which I don't really need. If they are not going to make the Rocketeer, or improve on the McFarlane Maxx, then I'm done with them as it is.

The price point was too high, and the fan bas just wasn't there to carry the line.

Roger