Bad News About MP Screamer

madman1366

A fellow collector who posts at TFW2005 says he talked to a friend he has who works for Walmart and was able to fill him in on what Walmart is currently doing with ALL exclusives.

Basically he said that super stores will mainly be the stores getting them and any leftovers will be rather scarcely spread around but only to the better performing stores. So this could mean what I've feared all along, and that is that a lot of people may never see these in their store.

Seeing the trend I've witnessed with their exclusive distribution it makes perfect sense.

I'm really po'd now because I think the only super Walmart anywhere in the vicinity was something like 20 miles away. No stores in the area having anything about them in the computer isn't a very good sign either.

@grumpy@

This is one time I really hope someone is wrong!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i hope i come across this guy!

when leader brawl came in i could of sworn it wouldnt last a day............. they still have the same ones settin on the shelf, then leader megs, not a single one sold ( it seems ) same for real gears, and most $10.00 ones. this may be good for me, if it comes in - i actually have a chance........ but the flip side, they arent selling much so they will skip the store, i have 3 in a 30 mile distance, and i still feel my chances are slim

bit early for the doom and gloom/he tell me threads

Not doom and gloom, just passing on some info that might be of interest.

Anyone who has spent enough time trying to track down a lot of Walmart exclusives, especially in my area, knows that they've been getting harder to find and not all stores have gotten them.

At least now we have a better reason of why that might be. Better than everyone always saying it's scalpers getting them all.

when is thing coming out

It already is.

Though it may still take a few weeks for some areas to see them and I doubt if they'll last very long in most places.

Walmart doesn't get exclusives like they used to. They used to never be much of a problem to find, but now it's pretty apparent they've been cutting back on them bigtime compared to what they used to get.

I saw around 12 at my local wm, and it's not a super wm. I found them on the risers; none on the shelves. Maybe looking up will help some collectors find one..

Seems like they are out in full force in HK! ~

Actually I don't believe that report to be to accurate. Basically only certain areas like primiarly TX are putting these out right now and most stores should start putting these out closer to the end of the month. From what I understand stores should be getting a decent amount of these, like enough to fill an entire endcap worth and at almost $50 a pop I don't see them selling out to quickly. Im sure some of the smaller stores may get less and if you live in a rual area with like only one small wal-mart around you may have a harder time getting it but then there are places like BBTS who are selling them to. Otherwise though it will probably still take a several weeks before we see these in full force other then those lucky sob's in Texas I don't think we are dealing with a panic situation.

Actually I don't believe that report to be to accurate. Basically only certain areas like primiarly TX are putting these out right now and most stores should start putting these out closer to the end of the month. From what I understand stores should be getting a decent amount of these, like enough to fill an entire endcap worth and at almost $50 a pop I don't see them selling out to quickly. Im sure some of the smaller stores may get less and if you live in a rual area with like only one small wal-mart around you may have a harder time getting it but then there are places like BBTS who are selling them to. Otherwise though it will probably still take a several weeks before we see these in full force other then those lucky sob's in Texas I don't think we are dealing with a panic situation.

i like what you are saying! now i'm not as worried, hehe!

The bad news about Starscream is that he will cost as much as Prime but is only half the size.

yup, that sucks! but i'll let this one detail go, he looks too good!! it's only about a 19 dollar difference anyway.

Basically only certain areas like primiarly TX are putting these out right now and most stores should start putting these out closer to the end of the month. Otherwise though it will probably still take a several weeks before we see these in full force other then those lucky sob's in Texas I don't think we are dealing with a panic situation.

Damn those lucky sob's in TX.....oh wait that's me @loll@ , sorry couldn't resist, if i wasn't leaving in 5 days for iraq, i'd help out too, i'm sure there won't be a problem for everyone to get one that wants one, but atleast ya'll will be here to get them, i remember when i went to basic and ait, i missed out on alot, lucky got camshaft, but the length is going to be 3x that and a coulpa months changes things think what 15 mons will do, i just hope the internet is my friend over there and i can order everything because my wife is special and has no idea what types of things to get me

Like I said, I'm only passing along info that I got. If it is indeed true that the super stores will get most of them then I think it's useful to let people know that.

I didn't say no other stores would get them, but taking into account the way Walmarts have handled exclusives over the last year or two it makes sense.

I don't live in a small area. I could probably go out right now and hit 10 or more Walmarts if the mood struck me. Several other people have also chipped in with info given to them by the store employees who said their stores couldn't order them, and that there was no info in their computers at all in some cases.

Nobody said that no regular stores would get them, only that the regular stores will basically only get what doesn't go to super stores and that not all regular stores will get them. Seeing that's pretty consistent with whats been going on with Walmart exclusives I don't see any reason to doubt the info.

When Alt Ravage and Rumble came out I think we all expected to find those pretty easily as well. I heard the same kinds of "just wait awhile, they just came out!" things being said but I don't think I even heard of more than a couple of stores in the Chicago area that got any at all.

What reasons are there to think this will be any different?

If they start rolling out everywhere then fine. No harm, no foul. But if they do show up sparingly and many people never find them, then at least they'll have a better understanding of why.