Larger Waves or Smaller Waves

SheriffofCoffeeTown

How Many Do You Prefer?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Eight Figure Waves or Six Figure Waves?

• Eight figures; the more, the merrier
    • Six figures; I like to have money left for food

I am not a wave completionist. I have yet to construct a BAF, because there has yet to be a wave from which I wanted the majority of the figures, and would have been willing to buy one or two I was apathetic towards to finish building the big BAF beastie.

But looking at Hasbro's distribution of figures, I notice something. Their first Legends wave consisted of six figures. Their second and third waves have eight figures. The two auxilary FF and Spidey movie waves have eight figures each. The fourth wave, however, is back to six figures.

Now, I have no doubt that a lot of this has to do with timing; the first and fourth waves were/are released in the first retail quarter, when is notably a slower sales period as people try to pay off their Christmas debts. And of course the current onslaught is motivated by Christmas. (Despite being big and red, Onslaught is not motivated by Christmas).

Anyway, I was curious as to which the more accomplished toy collectors preferred: larger or smaller waves?

I said 8. The more figures put out, the more I can add to my collection. But if the figures look like crap ie. F4 Ronan wave, then I would only pick up those that I like and purchase the BAF separately, like I did with Ronan. I am not going to buy all 8 if I think only three are worth buying.

I voted for 8, the more the merrier.

Even if they aren't characters I want, more of those figures will be out of the way and taken care of so they can GET to the characters I want quicker. Less options within the wave means I may have to wait a few more waves before I get a figure I'm dying for.

def 8.

the more the merrier.

That way, they can have new characters (charracters i ACTUALLY WANT) along with having room for the 34789 Wolverine or whatever character they've decided to redo for that line.

I voted for less figures if they are going to be doing smaller scale figures I see no reason why a freaking hammer has to be a BAF part :S

Totally agreed. :)

I want smaller waves, but more waves per year.

Hasbro can still release the same number of figures per year, but it can release more waves so it would take us less figures to comlete a BAF. This way, we get to see "new" stuff more frequent, too. Besides, we can have more BAFs per year.

since i ahvent really been excited about the BAFs (except sandman cuz im a spider-man nut), i really dont care. i get the figures i like, and if i need another one or two for the BAF, ill probably get those two and call it a day.

i voted for six. eight figs for a wave is too much. people have other needs to. we need to buy clothes. food. the likes. though i don't complete waves, i feel for the other guys. as long as there is an avenger (or two) in the six-figure wave, i'll be more than happy.

Heh...this is a funny poll. Did hasbro react that quick?? Now that Big Bad Toy Store has listed the case assortment for Marvel Legends series 4. Looks like Beast went Bye-Bye. :( So there will be 5 in the series in cases of 8. Tigra and Blackbolt will be the onesies. Daredevil,Punisher, and Nova will be two/case. Crap. I guess we'll have to wait longer to finish the Astonishing Xmen team.

Heh...this is a funny poll. Did hasbro react that quick?? Now that Big Bad Toy Store has listed the case assortment for Marvel Legends series 4. Looks like Beast went Bye-Bye. :( So there will be 5 in the series in cases of 8. Tigra and Blackbolt will be the onesies. Daredevil,Punisher, and Nova will be two/case. Crap. I guess we'll have to wait longer to finish the Astonishing Xmen team.

a 5-figure wave? isn't that OVER-REACTING?

isnt daredevil like one per case for both red and yellow?

The "Refresher Cases" will probably have one each of the regular and variant Punisher and Daredevil. Not like I'll ever see them though, if Quicksilver, Yellowjacket, and DarkMoviePhoenix are any indication.

i'm fine with 8 figures as long as the baf is that much bigger. as long as they are gonna do smaller bafs then they should just be six figure sets, and if they want us to buy eight figures it better be worth it. otherwise in an eight figure set ditch the BAF and go back to bases and vehicles. not every time, but periodically, they are going to run out of really big people that are relevant enough to be worth building (i know there are alot left people want, but there are alot of years left they will probably be making them, and if they use up all the good BAF ideas early, interest in the line could die off). the marvel select zombies came with bases pieces that could be combined to be a bigger base. so they could like put out a themed wave and with all the figures and bases combined you could remake a classic comic cover or scene.

i realize its nice for them financially to put a BAF in every line, i know i have boughten figures i otherwise wouldn't have to get the BAF part, but putting them in every line i think is kinda abusing that idea. thats how we end up with BAFs that are barely bigger than past single pack figures. they could also make the midsized figures, instead of making them BAFs, make them con exclusives (i've seen heroclix makes a big con exclusive character) and charge a lil more for them.

so that to put but of 6 figures in a series if in the end the only that really you want are two of that same one? from all ways hasbro never takes into account the elections of the consumers, single remove what their experts of market consider is but rentably then.

If 6 figures per wave would mean that the Bro' would but out more waves per year I'd be all for fewer figures. But realistically that's not going to happen. So I say 8 figures per wave. That seems to be the only way we’re going to get any kind of decent character selection from wave to wave. Especially when I have to stop and consider that I only really want part of the figures from each wave.

Now if they continue to put out supplemental waves like FF and possible the two Hulk waves I've heard rumors about I could live with that.