Picked up the DCD Batman & Son Batman figure today...

PJ

I picked up the Batman figure from the Batman & Son line today. I pre-ordered the set at my comic shop but it'll be a few weeks until I can get there...so I picked up the Bats at a store up here as a hold me over until I can get to mine. I do love the sculpt and he's probably the best 6"-7" Batman figure DCD has produced, but I still think the DCSH Batman sculpted by the Horsemen is better. He's got the usual DCD 11 POA consisting of- ball jointed head, DCD ball-jointed shoulders, elbows, forearmes, T-crotch hips & knees. With his build he sort of reminds me of one of the old Hasbro Knight Force Ninja's Batman figure.

IMGP5909.jpg

You can see more comparison pics here -

http://www.pointsofarticulation.com/phpBB2...8a36f6ee4#24837

I got mine today too. I was worried when i saw the package pics. Batman's cape was all squeeze on a side. Luckily when i opened him his cape was like in the prototypes.

I only got the Joker (didn't like the Batman too much and don't care for the Manbat...the Robin looked surprisingly good so might at some point get it and put Robin next to my Titans and the other brat..somewhere) and I love the figure. Especially the suit, I mean, the head/face is also great (that's why I got it to begin with, I just don't like the heads of most Joker figures out there), but the suit is just...perfect.

Nothing spectacular IMO...

The figures live up the DCD standards, it's a Batman/Superman wave, there's good looking characters like Batman& Joker, 2nd place characters like Man-bat and bad sculpt peg warmers like Robin/Damian.

I was really looking forward to this Batman figure. I waited for a Batman figure with a decent long floor dripping cape for decades and none of the toy companies gave me that until DCD decide to make this Batman figure. It's not perfect and sure doesn't have hyper posable articulation like Marvel Legends or DCSH but at least I can find him in the comic shop and it looks good on my shelf.

I wanna see Bats in some super acrobatic, dynamic, martial arts, figting poses!

Oh, I forgot, it's a DCD fig with limited POA, you can't!

I just picked up the Robin. I'm glad they gave him a neck, unlike the prototype, I like the way the fig turned out. Just one thing that I don't know I sould be bothered by or not. The cape is too long. It actually looks like he has TWO capes on (anyone who has it knows what I'm talking about). I'm thinking of taking an exacto knife to it.

The Batman and Joker are good but I'm not ready to replace my Jim Lee Bats or my Long Halloween Joker.

I just picked up the Robin. I'm glad they gave him a neck, unlike the prototype, I like the way the fig turned out. Just one thing that I don't know I sould be bothered by or not. The cape is too long. It actually looks like he has TWO capes on (anyone who has it knows what I'm talking about). I'm thinking of taking an exacto knife to it.

The Batman and Joker are good but I'm not ready to replace my Jim Lee Bats or my Long Halloween Joker.

Glad someone actually notice that, I dont know why DCD made his cape so long but it has been that way since the first prototype pics. I thought they were going to fix it but that didn't happen.

The Batman and Son Joker is nice but his odd pose kept me from getting him. I've already got a Hush Joker and Long Halloween Joker. Still can't find any Joker figures that can replace my LH Joker. The art style is a bit specific to match with other series but I like displaying him when it's Xmas.

Don't cut Robin's cape. Thats the way it's suppossed to be. In the newer stories, his cape is big and billowy like Batmans, but also has a smaller yellow "feathery" cape attached underneath.

Read "Batman and Son" or some of the newer Robin stories and you'll see.

Don't cut Robin's cape. Thats the way it's suppossed to be. In the newer stories, his cape is big and billowy like Batmans, but also has a smaller yellow "feathery" cape attached underneath.

Yeah.....I think that has more to do with artistic style than Robin oficially having a really long cape. Much like how Batman's cape seems to change length depending on who draws him. Anyho, I decided to keep it uncut. Just can't seem to bring myself to perminantly alter ANY of my toys unless they're custom fodder.

I didn't know that. It sounds weird that RObin has a long cape and then a shorter one underneath it.

The long cape ad all red is not weird. Its Robin. He needs all the help he can get at looking cooler. The small yellow cape inside i a bit strange but I've thought so ever since i saw the pics of his new costume in the comic.

He should ditch the yellow alltogether Other than fanboy nerds hanging on to it because it reminds them of the 70s/80s (the same reason they do with Batman's blue) there is no need for it or the green. There are no yellow and green Robins or Blue bats that I've ever seen.

And while were at it almost every superhero needs to ditch the trunks over the tights Its ot the 60's anymore. they don't work as a device to seperate the torso from the legs on account of the colorists.

DC should take a look a what Marvel did with the Ultimate Avengers. They still look and feel like superheroes but ther costumes look cool and make sense.

Batman looks quite good, but damn I really don't like that Joker at all, his hair and face look really stupid.....not sure if thats how he looked in the comic....but either way I'm not feeling it.

I wish DCD had made Talia a figure in this set. She was a major player in the Batman and Son storyline and she's never been made by DCD before. Did we need another Joker or the Ninja Man-Bat? Talia could've been a hot figure. Oh, well. Maybe we'll see her made eventually.

I like this batman figure a lot. More than the Hush version or sure. Still not sure that I love it. The only thing that kind of bugs me is his shoulders, they're a little too big and stick out a little too far.

I tried to paint him black and the paint does not stick to his cape at all which is a bit of a let down. However if i do not touch it at all then its alright heh.