GIJoe 25th Anniversary Wave 4 Single Carded Figures

The Wire

So they can release straight up re-releases of Cobra Commander, Cobra Air Trooper, Destro, Gung Ho, Roadblock, Scarlett, and Storm Shadow from the five pack, but felt for some reason they had to change the trooper, the one figure almost everyone wanted a straight up re-release of. It boggles the mind.

At least Duke get's a backpack....although it's just an extra Gung Ho one thrown in there.

Actually it doesnt boggle anything. As we have reported several times, Hasbro already said they plan to re-release the cobra trooper with red symbol on a single card at a later date. Im sure they want to spread the troopers out a bit and being they just released the one with the silver I imagine they are waiting to space them out a bit.

Actually it doesnt boggle anything. As we have reported several times, Hasbro already said they plan to re-release the cobra trooper with red symbol on a single card at a later date. Im sure they want to spread the troopers out a bit and being they just released the one with the silver I imagine they are waiting to space them out a bit.

Saying they'll do it and actually doing it are two different things. Hasbro has said they'd do stuff in the past before. Some of it they've done, some of it they haven't. All I'm saying is that if ruining the exclusive nature of the 5 pack figures wasn't an issue then why not have just made the red logo Trooper part of wave 3. I don't really see much evidence of them spacing out troopers too much given how many of repaints of the trooper we are going to see by the end of the year.

I dig these, although the card art looks to be getting worse - look at Roadblock, and Duke's face. It's like paint-by-numbers crap.

Roadblock's card is actualy my favorite of the bunch. But Destro looks like one of the dudes from "300" @hmmm@

I'm probably gonna buy all of them except for Scarlet..and maybe a couple of extra Dukes and Storm Shadows just to hang on to for a rainy day...

Though I knew Hasbro had stated these would be straight re-packs with no upgrades whatsoever, I still had some hope. Now, I must say I am dissapointed. Not because they were not upgraded (which should be reason enough), but because of a new low reached by Hasbro. More precisely, Duke's backpack. I can stand the fact that it is Gung Ho's backpack, but I can't believe they didn't have the courtesy of painting it tan. That's just so LOW and CHEAP. I'll tell you this: I'd rather have Duke WITHOUT his backpack than this atrocity.

Hopefully, Destro's hand will be able to hold the briefcase this time... right? :rolleyes:

And mind you: I have been very supportive of the line (and still are). But there are limits.

Maybe these pics are early samples and something else will show up in the stores... but that's VERY unlikely :(

Hopefully, Destro's hand will be able to hold the briefcase this time... right? :rolleyes:

This was one of my biggest problems with the Cobra pack. Destro was one of my first and favorite figs. When I thought he could hold a gun and his case I was thinking that was pretty cool...that is until I actually tried to put the case in his "strong" hand. Another gripe is the about females...who decided that Scarlett and The Baroness should be hunch-backed? That's kinda goofy if you ask me. I also feel kinda goofy about opening the 5 packs but I guess I can still grab a few carded and save them for my 3 year old daughters kids :D .

I think these are all pretty sweet, and I'd have to say top to bottom this is the most impressive wave of single cards, and not because it has 8 figures.

Wave 3 was pretty solid, and waves 1 and 2 were good, but this one seems nearly outstanding to me. I think it's because these seem like the core characters (minus Snake Eyes) all in one wave, where as the other waves had some eyebrow raisers or weak links.