which milltary fig scale do u think is the best?

Kenx

I like the 12inch figs but the down side of them is they don't have a lot of vehicles,but the 3/4 inch & smaller have the vehicles but the figs are harder to customize and some of them don't move well like the 12 inch. That's my 2 cents. @duel@@ @optimus@

I alaways liked th 3 3/4 figures with the screw in the back they made it a lot easier to customize IMO. I have the 12" joes as well but I never tried to customize one of them. For the most part all you really had to do with them was just change the uniforms and add accessories.

THE 33/4IN figs are the best to customize you can do all most any thing with them. . they have many more vehicles, they save on shelf space. i realy dont care for the 12 inline but they do have some great guns. but they are way to big.

3 3/4" figures!

1/6th scale, or 12" figures.

Your're talking military right? Well, 1/6th scale has a greater variety of subjects and far more accuracy and detail than any 1/18th scale item does. There are vehicles for them, and a surprising variety, but not to the scope of those available for 1/18th scale figures.

1/6th scale is more akin to model-making these days, than toy collecting because so many of the figures are so intricate.

1/18th scale is fine for military fantasy figures, but for the real deal.......I go upscale.

Your're talking military right? Well, 1/6th scale has a greater variety of subjects and far more accuracy and detail than any 1/18th scale item does. There are vehicles for them, and a surprising variety, but not to the scope of those available for 1/18th scale figures.

1/6th scale is more akin to model-making these days, than toy collecting because so many of the figures are so intricate.

1/18th scale is fine for military fantasy figures, but for the real deal.......I go upscale.

See this is an interesting point in the thread. You are one of the few here with the unique understanding of the different sizes. You played with 12" as a kid and got into 3" too. But most of the rest of us only had the 3". Or occasionally, maybe, had 1 or 2 larger.

I picked up the 12" Bazooka and Wild Bill and they are actually quite nice. Lots of articulation and detailed accessories. Wild Bill comes with a .45 with a removable clip AND removable bullets from the clip, for example. Even the slide moves.

I gotta say...

I like all the scales for collecting,12 inch,sigma,and the 3 3/4.

However i choose only to custom 3 3/4.

I love the 12 inch stuff its really cool and easy to swap stuff around with,i played with these the most as a kid,my older brothers had them all,so who ended up with them,me.

the sigma remind me of superjoes,also played with them,and mego and big jim,loved the wolf pack.

Now as far as the 3 3/4,I collected and played with in my later part of my youth,and they had the biggest impact.

scale really only comes into play when you talk about room to display,I used to try na d put all my stuff out in one room,man it just doesnt work,now i put up a few shelves at a time of different stuff,and i swap it around every now and again,i never get tired of my toy room now.I been selling most everything not 3 3/4,but i still love it all.Comes down to room for me.

See this is an interesting point in the thread. You are one of the few here with the unique understanding of the different sizes. You played with 12" as a kid and got into 3" too. But most of the rest of us only had the 3". Or occasionally, maybe, had 1 or 2 larger.

I picked up the 12" Bazooka and Wild Bill and they are actually quite nice. Lots of articulation and detailed accessories. Wild Bill comes with a .45 with a removable clip AND removable bullets from the clip, for example. Even the slide moves.

Yea, but nothing is stopping a smaller scale collector from exploring the bigger scale stuff too.

The 12" stuff has really taken action figure aspects to the level of a fine art. The level of sophistication possible is lightyears/ orders of magnitude beyond the original 12" Joes of the 60's.

I thought that removable ammo clips and bullets were the cat's pajamas when those things first started appearing over 10 years ago, and since then........wooooooooooooo.

I have a scale 1/6th weapon with an actual working laser pointer built in--built by a customizer--the same fellow does working flash lights. Uncanny stuff.

The problem with the scale is size...........and cost. You can make a scale A-4 Skyhawk for a GIJOE figure (and someone has) or make a scale USS Enterprise bridge set.......but where do you put it?

For the "younger" collectors........one of the biggest pluses about the smaller scale Joes was that they could be put into a kid's pocket. Now, you CAN do that with a 12" figure, but then you have to deal with a lot of people who'll think you are happy to see them.........

For me, the 12" has so much more to offer in terms of an individual figure. With just one figure, and the appropriate accessories I can make tens of thousands of different possible uniform combinations, from hundreds of possible real-life military units--and from dozens of nationalities and historical eras.

That's just with one figure.

The other thing that really sets the two scales apart is the intrinsic charm of the 12" figures.

So people call them dolls...........but they are forgetting that the semantics are not that specific, they are universal in this case. A 3 3/4" is as much a doll as a 12" figure. That's pretty much a legal fact.

A 12" figure, decked out in all the gear, with 5 o'clock shadow and a cigarette, posed leaning on his rifle whilst sitting on a rock or log, has all the artistry of a statue.......but way more texture-and it can be posed. It transcends a mere doll those, because its not just showing fashions, its modelling history.

A 3 3/4" figure.........looks like a toy. That's pretty much what it is though and there's nothing wrong with that. I've seen great work done in smaller scales, but I've long felt the versatility isn't there. That's the only difference.

Well, I prefer 3 3/4" for various reasons. Obviously first of all, I grew up with them so there's the nostalgia factor. Now I look at my collection, and it's pretty impressive... Though it's still missing some key items and most notably the big ones (which admittedly I shouldn't get until I get a house and more space), it's still got a lot of stuff, and it doesn't take up THAT much space, not compared to collecting, say Transformers or especially 12" figures. So I like that aspect too.

Don't forget the 1/35th scale! I know this is a "toy" forum but the topic wasn't all that specific, and model kits could be considered toys by some... The figures and vehicles made in this scale have by far the most variety and accuracy (on the whole) than any other military scale out there.

I enjoyed the 12 inch and the 3 3/4 inch scale as I grew up and loved both of them for the various aspects of play that each provided. Over the years I've gradually shifted to the preference of the 3 3/4th inch scale for many reasons.

Military wise the shorter figs may not be the best choice but there is such a wide variety of material its hard to go wrong with the 1/18th scale.

Yea, but nothing is stopping a smaller scale collector from exploring the bigger scale stuff too.

Yes there is. There is price & space to consider.

My favorite is 1/18th scale. There are just much more vehicles & playsets you can have with that scale and not run out of room.