ASK HASBRO for the Hasbro Marvel PODCAST Thread

Ryno

Thanks everyone for the kind words about episode 1 of the Exclusive MarvelousNews.com Hasbro Marvel Podcast. We are glad you have enjoyed it.

Here's episode 1 in case you haven't seen it yet.

Marvelous News has the Exclusive on the Hasbro Marvel Podcast and this is the only place you can submit your questions for upcoming episodes! Please submit your questions here for the next episode of the Exclusive MarvelousNews.com Hasbro Marvel Podcast.

Please keep in mind that we will not be able to use all of your questions and please keep discussion to a minimum in this thread so that we can more easily navigate and choose questions.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh no....I think thats just a really bad idea....unless its a new scculpt or a repaint job (kinda like the silver surfer).

maybe looking for something new like a secret Identity line like dc direct did. Or like Famous cover 2pack or box sets

First off, thank you very much for a well done podcast.

Second, my question revolves around creating figures based off artist renditions or teams through the years.

For example the X-Men had the basic yellow/blue costume when they first appeared. They changed costumes around X-Men #40. X-Factor and Avengers are other examples of teams changing costumes over the years.

Are you considering this option of inserting characters based off their past costumes so collectors can create teams "through the ages"?

As far as artist renditions, you have the anime look of Joe Madueria, the Jim Lee style, and the abstract drawings of Sam Keith, the classics of Jack Kirby, Dave Cockrum, etc.

Is there a chance of creating "Creator inspired Marvel Legends"?

Thank you for your consideration and keep making as many X-Men characters as you can.

Eric

Would you ever consider doing a boxset like X-men First Class, Mutant X, the original New Warriors, Alpha Flight, or Ultimate X-men?

While there are some of us that complain about the Namor with trunks, there are others like me happy to see the figure finally created. Is there a reason we have yet to see a Jim Lee style Jean Grey when just about all the other Gold and Blue Team member have been created? If it is true that you read the forums, then you will know that people have wanted her for a LONG time. I personally am trully greatful that you are realing Jean/Dark Phoenix in the ICONS line as the first female ICON-how appropriate!

Will we ever see re-issues of past fan favorite characters such as Captain America, Phoenix/White Phoennix/Dark Phoenix, Ms. Marvel, Black Widow, Rogue, Thor, Juggernaut, Deadpool, or the Ultimate Fantastic Four line that few were able to get?

How able a famous couples line of 2 packs like:

1) Black Panther unmasked and Storm in her Alan David costume

2) Spiderman unmasked and a comic book accurate Mary Jane

3) Jim Lee Cyclops (the X-men classics version was not in scale) and Jim Lee Jean Grey in her orange and metallic blue costume

4) Extreme Rogue (repainted yellow and green) with Gambit

5) Justice and Firestar

Or you could do Hero and Villian 2 packs like:

1) Prof X in hover chair vs. Magneto

2) Cyclops vs. Dark Phoenix

3) Thor vs. Loki

These would see like hotcakes because you are paring the ladies with some popular male characters

Hi guys heres my Question,

Regarding the Price of the legends figures will there be any chance of a price drop?

in Austraila these cost $30 AU (about 25 US) this is 100% more than the toybiz Mls cost but the product really isnt that different. can we explain why so much??

Why did hasbro decide to change so many things about the toys compared to how toybiz/marvle toys use to make them... Things such as paint and head sculpts & BAF size & mainly articulation?.. Why not just continue to make the line the same way that toybiz did?.. You guys have made several comments about prices & such, like no baf part if you stick in a comic, and size changes to the BAFs yet others like marvel toys continue to give a better product/ or at least more bang for the buck

Also... why must almost every female so far that I can think of being made have a ugly head sculpt and also big large SMILE on there faces?..

Hm ok thats two questions... I'll just stick with the first one :D

- my question is a mess feel free to chop it up and take anything you think is worth asking out of it and ignore any thing else thanks!

Is there any chance of an Exiles boxset?

"while there are several exiles fans in the department I'm afraid that we can't answer that right now" aka F*** off! :P

LOL

asking about characters is a waste of time there bud @loll@

my question is why the PoA issue is not discussed more often in these Q and A's......its clearly an issue regarding the lack of double jointed knees and elbows. it has actually turned me against marvel legends more.

yeah whats with the boxsets? my big question is whats with the SPIDERMAN CLASSICS OR LEGENDS LINE? are there any new spideys coming? x-men, f-4, avengers. they all had figures and spidey just had one new fig. the rest where all repaints. i am not counting the movie toys.

so, my questions are: whats with:

-spiderman classics? comic edition

-spidey icons? please

-new thunderbolts? now, they would kick ass. penance, new venom, songbird.

-marvel boxsets?

In addition to BAF parts could we get smaller pack-in figures? (Spider-Ham, Frog of Thunder, etc...)

How about a heralds of Galactus wave and a cosmic characters wave that includes a large scale BAF distributed between the 2 waves?

I have but two questions I really want answered....

Why have you incorporated the Sigma 6 style joints onto Marvel Legends figures when the old double joints on the knees and elbows from the Toybiz days worked so much better as well as allowed for more arm and leg poseability?

Why do you not do paint washes on the figures? Example: Flesh colored plastic on the figures makes them appear cheap compared to nice paint detailing of shadows and grime on the characters.

These are my two most wanted answered questions.

I know that no comic inspired Spider-Man themed ML waves are in the works for 2008, but if/when you do decide to do so, what charcters aside from Spider-Man can we expect? How probable is the Chameleon w/ interchangable heads/accessories or a"Kraven's Last Hunt" Kraven w/ rifle? How about a Man-Spider or 2nd Spider Slayer BAF?

P.S.

If a black Spider-Man is indeed planned for wave 5, will it be a rerelease of the "Secret Wars" Spidey?

Even consider making the variants on-line exclusives?? Yeah, I know all those folks who love the "hunt", but sheesh, I'd pay an extra $5 or $10 bucks to not have to pay some E-bay scalper blood money, and save my valuable time not wandering various retail stores.

Seems real collectors have no issue with direct sells. Sideshow practially lives there. It's even already worked for HAsbro. Bought my She Hulk and Stan as soon as they were posted. Same with Black Queen. Chance to make some extra dough for Hasbro (Or the exclusive retailer) and save real collectors alot of hassle.

Also, more Ultimate Universe figures please. Reissue all those Spider-man classics with rediculous weapon launching arms with actual arms and you got another batch of hits.

All done.

Geek.

I have but two questions I really want answered....

Why have you incorporated the Sigma 6 style joints onto Marvel Legends figures when the old double joints on the knees and elbows from the Toybiz days worked so much better as well as allowed for more arm and leg poseability?

Why do you not do paint washes on the figures? Example: Flesh colored plastic on the figures makes them appear cheap compared to nice paint detailing of shadows and grime on the characters.

These are my two most wanted answered questions.

I'll second this pair o' questions. And I've got a couple of friends who don't have accounts here that'll third & fourth them. Especially the articulation situation. Do not break what's not broken Hasbro.

Also, seriously, great sig line dude. Fellow MSTies are always good to see. @firedevil@