Anyone not collecting Hasbro ML just cause???

RobbieDigital

I was just wondering if there is anyone here that just collected the Toy Biz ML line and never started to collect the Hasbro stuff?? I started moving across the country right around the time that the first wave of Hasbro stuff came out and never really picked up any of the figures......not that I don't like some of the figures.....I'm just very close to completing the Toy Biz line....there is a few figures that I never got my paws on and was just wondering if there are any strictly Toy Biz ML collectors out there??

Please don't start Hasbro hating.......its nothing against them I just don't feel like catching up on all the figures that have hit.

I sorta have ... but not because of it ... I just don't like the way a lot of the figures have looked... I've skipped wave 1 & wave 2 only wanting the BAFs & a couple of figures here and there its not really worth it for me ... The FF wave was slighty better here thanks to someone here who has more or less hooked me up with the FF baf &a figure from it :) Wave 3 Odd are I may buy I am not sure... wave 4 is going to be hard to pass!

I think each wave hasbro is getting both slightly better & worse at the same time haha! Soooo I have both stopped and not stopped ....

I sorta have ... but not because of it ... I just don't like the way a lot of the figures have looked... I've skipped wave 1 & wave 2 only wanting the BAFs & a couple of figures here and there its not really worth it for me ... The FF wave was slighty better here thanks to someone here who has more or less hooked me up with the FF baf &a figure from it :) Wave 3 Odd are I may buy I am not sure... wave 4 is going to be hard to pass!

I think each wave hasbro is getting both slightly better & worse at the same time haha! Soooo I have both stopped and not stopped ....

I'm kinda the same way....plus I had the big move where I wasn't buying anything toy wise but nothing they have put out has really screamed "Buy Me" from them yet. There have been select figures but for the most part I'm on the fence about just becoming a straight Toy Biz ML guy (using the money to get all the variants and such, there is still some stuff I never got.)......its hard to pretend that there isn't new figures out there.

Yes with toy biz I was at the point where I was pretty much just ordering in cases of whatever they pimped out & keeping my extras mosc and opening the rest type thing ... good times good times .... man I spent so much some years :D

I wouldn't say that I'm not collecting HML just because, but my main reason for stopping is that they're not exactly consistent with the TBML I have.

Right now the only HML I own is She-Hulk, and while she is a great figure, I regret buying her because she sticks out like a sore thumb when I put her next to my older figures. Sculpt-wise, she's awesome, but in terms of paint and articulation, I'm not very happy at all.

The HML BAFs look great, though. Too bad I don't own any.

That's kind of a funny question. I have not stopped, but if I did I would not be looking at this site any longer and hence would not see the question you posted and therefore would not reply. I mean why would someone still check this site if they no longer collect ML, I would think someone would move on to another hobby or different line of toys. That's just my thoughts. @drink@ ;)

That's kind of a funny question. I have not stopped, but if I did I would not be looking at this site any longer and hence would not see the question you posted and therefore would not reply. I mean why would someone still check this site if they no longer collect ML, I would think someone would move on to another hobby or different line of toys. That's just my thoughts. @drink@ ;)

Umm... I obviously still check this board, and I don't collect HML.

Yeah, just cause I don't collect ML's anymore doesn't mean that I don't still keep up with the hobby....I collect GI Joe's/MOTU and comics so I still frequent the boards.....I'm waiting for Hasbro to give me some reason to start buying......I was hyped with the Fantastic 4 wave but then when I saw them in the store I was disappointed. It also says "Action Figures and Collectibles" but it has now become the "Hasbro I Want" forum in a way.......which will probably get worse now that everyone knows that they are reading the boards....from the podcast.

I've simply lost my desire for them. I got the first 2 series but who knows if I'll ever get any more.

Transformers have eaten up most of the money I have to buy figures with anyway.

I do look at ML when I'm looking for TF's but I have not seen anything past the Blob series. No Silver Surfer exclusives, no FF series, no SM series (didn't even know those were out), No 2 packs (another one I only recently knew were out) and I still see plenty of the first series still hanging around.

Kinda hard to collect what nobody stocks.

No biggie though. There's not much that excites me about any of the newer series anyway.

I so far only bought Thor. I don't really have any plans to buy any of the others so far.

The figure choices so far just haven't seen anything I really wanted. Also as a MOC collector of Legends I can say I was very sad to see the clamshell let go. I wish Hasbro all the best with the line but for me I think it was just the right time for me to stop. I'll be checking on the future waves from time to time. I'm sure I'll see a odd end figure here or there that I will want to pick up.

The only HML I have Is Thor. The first wave sucked and Thor was the only decent figure in the second wave.We have yet too see the third wave as well as the ff and spiderman waves here In Canada.Hasbro Canada Is incredibly slow,they need a good kick In the pants!

Yeah, just cause I don't collect ML's anymore doesn't mean that I don't still keep up with the hobby....I collect GI Joe's/MOTU and comics so I still frequent the boards.....I'm waiting for Hasbro to give me some reason to start buying......I was hyped with the Fantastic 4 wave but then when I saw them in the store I was disappointed. It also says "Action Figures and Collectibles" but it has now become the "Hasbro I Want" forum in a way.......which will probably get worse now that everyone knows that they are reading the boards....from the podcast.

It does say collectibles as well, but ever since I've been on this site it has always been more about the Marvel Toys so I would think I would just probably stick to the other forums about GI Joe or comics or collectibles site that does not have to do much about Marvel Toys like this one. When I grew out of a hobby or just did not like the hobby anymore for some reason, I'd just find something else and not really revisit the old hobby, like when I'm into a game I go on to the forum site for it and blog all kinds of stuff, but when I'm done with the game or get bored of it , I'm done with the site but hey that's just me.

I think that if you haven't like anything from Hasbro so far I wouldn't wait for them, I don't think that they will ever have something that will satisfy you, but then again maybe they will. :D

It was actually the last few waves of the Toy Biz ML that caused my interest to wonder a bit from ML figures, and with the poor character selection of HML wave 1 it didn't really pick back up. I am actually looking to pick up most the figures in HML 3 with both waves 4 & 5 having real potential as well.

I only bought X3 Beast from HML. I liked it OK, but I just couldn't see myself paying $10 for Emma and Banshee. I kind of let the line go after that, even though I thought series 2 looked a lot better.

I guess I was just priced out.

Yeah, I sorta dropped out b/c of the difference sculpting styles and overall production. Hasbro stands well on its own, but the differences were enough for me to stop as well as the increased price point. I did pick up all of wave 2 however, I felt like it was a strong wave in terms of quality and character selection.

just now, i saw a q&a over at cool toy review and they are saying that there are no plans for a spidey comic related wave in 2008 and to be honest it is pissing me off @grumpy@ . i stopped with the movie toys because they are changing the actors all the time. i dont have space for 2 different bruce banners and who knew else is changing.

i am a big spidey fan and if all that comes are bad sculpted spidey movie figures then i am done. i always collected every wave from toybiz to hasbro. the fantastic four wave was amazing but dont count on me to buy every marvel figure again and again. i have all the spidey villains and i wont buy everyone again just for a baf. i did it with the spidey movie baf and 4 out of 8 figures are in my closet. repaints just for a baf? not anymore. hasbro is making it hard to collect with all those methods. everytime a lot of peaple are getting dissapointed even more when hasbro does those q&as. right about now i realy consider to stop my collection and just get me one here and there. i am not sure what to think about hasbro and there way to do figures. @grumpy@

Hasbro actually got me back into ML... I hated the floppy joints and hit-or-miss quality control of Toy Biz. Now, I do miss TB paint jobs and lower price... but I gotta say... Hasbro's Dr. Doom is the figure I've been wanting all my life. He's just perfect.

just now, i saw a q&a over at cool toy review and they are saying that there are no plans for a spidey comic related wave in 2008 and to be honest it is pissing me off @grumpy@ . i stopped with the movie toys because they are changing the actors all the time. i dont have space for 2 different bruce banners and who knew else is changing.

i am a big spidey fan and if all that comes are bad sculpted spidey movie figures then i am done. i always collected every wave from toybiz to hasbro. the fantastic four wave was amazing but dont count on me to buy every marvel figure again and again. i have all the spidey villains and i wont buy everyone again just for a baf. i did it with the spidey movie baf and 4 out of 8 figures are in my closet. repaints just for a baf? not anymore. hasbro is making it hard to collect with all those methods. everytime a lot of peaple are getting dissapointed even more when hasbro does those q&as. right about now i realy consider to stop my collection and just get me one here and there. i am not sure what to think about hasbro and there way to do figures. @grumpy@

Well keep in mind there is going to be a new line of Spider-Man Animated figures coming next year so honestly I dont think we need waves of Spider-Man Classics that consit of 4 different Spider-Man's and maybe one villian clogging the shelf which is all the Spider-Man Classic line was. Just cause they aren't doing a specific Spider-Man Classic line doesnt mean they wont still slip out Spider-Man releated characters here and there in the regular line. Spider-Man is a popular enough character that I think it's safe to say there will still be enough product out there to satisfie your Spidey cravings.

Well keep in mind there is going to be a new line of Spider-Man Animated figures coming next year so honestly I dont think we need waves of Spider-Man Classics that consit of 4 different Spider-Man's and maybe one villian clogging the shelf which is all the Spider-Man Classic line was. Just cause they aren't doing a specific Spider-Man Classic line doesnt mean they wont still slip out Spider-Man releated characters here and there in the regular line. Spider-Man is a popular enough character that I think it's safe to say there will still be enough product out there to satisfie your Spidey cravings.

Pft, I wish the villains clogged the shelves. But, yeah, if the HL Wave 5 Black Spidey is any indication, there will still be some Spidey guys getting the Legends treatment.

Come on, MK Green Goblin!

Hasbro actually got me back into ML... I hated the floppy joints and hit-or-miss quality control of Toy Biz. Now, I do miss TB paint jobs and lower price... but I gotta say... Hasbro's Dr. Doom is the figure I've been wanting all my life. He's just perfect.

This is the perfect explanation of my feelings on ToyBiz and Hasbro. Thank you.

This is the perfect explanation of my feelings on ToyBiz and Hasbro. Thank you.

I am very selective so I haven't bought everything lately from Hasbro. Only Hercules and Annihilus since I am a FF fan. So I am getting The Thing, Mr. F and Dr. Doom, but I am going to repaint him with a wash and fresh Silver paint. Black Bolt for HML4 would be next.