Who wants DCSH vehicles/playets?

Superpowers1980

When I posted the Top Ten figure list and the BAF or vehicle/playset list, NO ONE mentioned a vehicle or playset.....so I am posting that question alone. Who wants vehicles and playsets? I am really craving and Darkseid Tower or at the least a throne room. I think that would be the coolest. My dream is to see regular light cardboard sets for figures, I'm talking buildings, streets, etc. I know a major toy company but maybe a company who sells online and through specialty shops would peak my interest. Also a cool Batmobile. Would love for a decent HOJ or HOD playset, and the HOD would have to be the classic Darth Vader head...oh yeah!

Anyone up for a Fortress of Solitude or a Batcave?

Well, I'd love a Batmobile, but there's a problem:

None of the Batman figures to date could sit in it, as the capes on their backs are molded and secured to their backs.

Any such set would need an all new Batman and Robin figure anyway.

Well, I'd love a Batmobile, but there's a problem:

None of the Batman figures to date could sit in it, as the capes on their backs are molded and secured to their backs.

Any such set would need an all new Batman and Robin figure anyway.

Yep, and I bet they still don't have the range of motion to bend at the waist and legs at a 90° angle to sit down, even with a cape that would actually move.

That being said, I would love a DCSH scale Batmobile and sets. We probably won't get any though, so I will settle for the dioramas I make myself.

The Batcave or the Fortress would be cool if they were from the animated series

The Batcave with the things that Batman has collected like the giant penny or the Trex

The Fortress with the animal that Superman saved from the collectors spaceship

Won't work in the 6" scale. The vehicles & playsets would be too large & expensive. BAF concept is the only way to go with the 6'' line. Just the figures themselves take up alot of shelf space room.

Not to mention the amount of room space such vehicles/playsets would take up! Maybe some of you live in a huge house/mansion with 3000 sq ft of space but I sure don't!

I wouldn't buy them if they made them, unless they came with a really cool unreleased figure. Playets and vehicles just don't do anything for me, espceially for 6" scale. They just take up too much room.

I wouldn't buy them if they made them, unless they came with a really cool unreleased figure. Playets and vehicles just don't do anything for me, espceially for 6" scale. They just take up too much room.

I know playsets had their heyday in the 80's but its all wishful thinking. I too am running out of serious space. I have a huge collection and most of the playsets from the 80's, but I can't resist the idea of a Darksied Tower or throne room. I was considering building one for the Super Powers line, but I may hold out to see how many New Gods come out for the DCSH line.

Also, they do need to redesign the capes and belts, for some ##$%$#ed reason they hindered the mobility in almost every figure. I believe they need cloth capes with wire outlines to pose the capes--Mattel take this into serious consideration.

A Batcave would be cool, but it'd also be full of gimmicks and missle shooting crap. I doubt very strongly we'll anything like that. I think Mattel's Castle Greyskull signaled the end of 6 inch playsets. Unless they found a way to include peices with figures like the Stargate series from DST. But everyone's too in love with the precious BAFs.

batcave and batmobil is a must have. mattel did a lot of batmobils and i think it will come with this line. they listen to the fans and they show there improvements. i love mattel everytime more when they release a new wave.

your right, they are getting better. I think they are at the point of stopping the reissue of "bad" previous molds. I am very interested in seeing what comes out after these next 2 waves. I think with the effort and development of accessories and vehicles this line can go really far.

I know playsets had their heyday in the 80's but its all wishful thinking.

Go back to the late 60's to mid 70's for the true heyday of playsets.

Marx made a HUGE cowboy ranch playset for The Best of the West line, Mattel had stuff for their Major Matt Mason and Big Jim lines, as well as Barbie--the latter two getting extensive playsets.

Mego did quite a few for their Superheroes, Star Trek and Planet of the Apes lines, as well as Micronauts.

And let's not forget lines like Hotwheels and Matchbox, Playskool, Fisher-Price and such, which were loaded with various playsets.

I don't think we'll ever see vehicles like we did with GI Joe or Star Wars in the 80's. I do think we might see a partial vehicle, like half a batmobile for Bats to stand in front of. I'm talking about a cross-section lengthwise. Each figure could include a chunk of the car, and if they were so inclined and thought the demand was high enough, we could see TWO waves with parts to a vehicle and only after buying 12 figures did one get the build-a-whatever. This would really only work for smaller scale vehicles like a Batmobile, and not a Javelin or space ship. Honestly I don't think we need much past a Batmobile because what superhero uses a conveyance, other than Arrow? Superman flies. Wonderwoman flies, and if not I've already got my invisible plane. GL has a ring. Aquaman swims. MM flies. Zatanna uses magic. I can see one NEEDED vehicle. Playsets are a pipe dream unless the price of oil drops drastically, which isn't happening anytime soon. Give me two waves of figures with build-a-parts for the Tim Burton or Adam West Batmobiles and I'm happy.

batcave and batmobil is a must have. mattel did a lot of batmobils and i think it will come with this line. they listen to the fans and they show there improvements. i love mattel everytime more when they release a new wave.

your right, they are getting better. I think they are at the point of stopping the reissue of "bad" previous molds. I am very interested in seeing what comes out after these next 2 waves. I think with the effort and development of accessories and vehicles this line can go really far.

i am pretty sure the batmobil is coming. at the comic con, mattel asked the fans if they would see vehicles and the applaus was there. i dont know about the rest but the batmobil will come. mattel did a batmobil for every batman wave that came. the batman line aven had 2 or 3 if my memory still works correctly. i am sure it is in the works :P well i hope.

i am pretty sure the batmobil is coming. at the comic con, mattel asked the fans if they would see vehicles and the applaus was there. i dont know about the rest but the batmobil will come. mattel did a batmobil for every batman wave that came. the batman line aven had 2 or 3 if my memory still works correctly. i am sure it is in the works :P well i hope.

Just because there was applause when Mattel asked about vehicles doesn't mean they're going to be made. I can clap at any time I want, but it doesn't mean something will happen (except to save fairies). Mattel may take the response to mean that room full of 15-35 year old men (and some women but mostly men) really want a real Batmobile but could never have one so they'll take a plastic one to pretend with but there's no guarantee it'll happen. So I'm not sure how you can be "pretty sure" based off applause. It's not a very reliable gauge of the future really.

they asked, "who would like to see vehicles and playsets in DCUC?" and everyone clapped. sounds like their at least bring it up at a board meeting. when one or two people applaud, then nothing will happen. but if an entire room of toy collectors essentially says, "yes id like a batmobile or batcave and maybe a fortress of solitude", we're gonna get something

Just because there was applause when Mattel asked about vehicles doesn't mean they're going to be made. I can clap at any time I want, but it doesn't mean something will happen (except to save fairies). Mattel may take the response to mean that room full of 15-35 year old men (and some women but mostly men) really want a real Batmobile but could never have one so they'll take a plastic one to pretend with but there's no guarantee it'll happen. So I'm not sure how you can be "pretty sure" based off applause. It's not a very reliable gauge of the future really.

lets examine that claim for a moment. yeah i am not sure, but did you never had a good feeling about something? i had a bad feeling about hasbro taking over toybiz and i think everyone knows how that turned out @loll@ if mattel isnt thinking about doing something then why ask the question then? i am with tomtom on this. a lot of applause means a little hope. hope makes us go on. believe me a lot of fairies where saved that day :D lets cross our fingers and hope for vehicles and playsets to become true.

lets examine that claim for a moment. yeah i am not sure, but did you never had a good feeling about something? i had a bad feeling about hasbro taking over toybiz and i think everyone knows how that turned out @loll@ if mattel isnt thinking about doing something then why ask the question then? i am with tomtom on this. a lot of applause means a little hope. hope makes us go on. believe me a lot of fairies where saved that day :D lets cross our fingers and hope for vehicles and playsets to become true.

Oh I want there to be at least vehicles. I don't have room for playsets but they'd rock too. I just don't see applause as an means to an end for Mattel. How many people were in that room? How many were parents who buy for their children? All I'm saying is that Mattel would not make a business decision based on one room full of men and women who mostly buy for themselves. The major sector of the public that Mattel sees as their bread and butter are parents. We exist as a small (but growing) faucet of their business. What we want will not drive Mattel to go into the costs of tooling vehicles/playsets, buying the plastic with oil prices as outrageous as they are. If a few SMALL ones are made and sell well then it will increase slowly. But I don't get a feeling that we're gonna see vehicles based off the applause Mattel got at their Q & A. This is how they'll examine it from a business perspective, which is what Mattel is; a business. It's a pipe dream to think otherwise.

Oh I want there to be at least vehicles. I don't have room for playsets but they'd rock too. I just don't see applause as an means to an end for Mattel. How many people were in that room? How many were parents who buy for their children? All I'm saying is that Mattel would not make a business decision based on one room full of men and women who mostly buy for themselves. The major sector of the public that Mattel sees as their bread and butter are parents. We exist as a small (but growing) faucet of their business. What we want will not drive Mattel to go into the costs of tooling vehicles/playsets, buying the plastic with oil prices as outrageous as they are. If a few SMALL ones are made and sell well then it will increase slowly. But I don't get a feeling that we're gonna see vehicles based off the applause Mattel got at their Q & A. This is how they'll examine it from a business perspective, which is what Mattel is; a business. It's a pipe dream to think otherwise.

you are not wrong on this. last night i was thinking about that and i looked at my batmanbegins batmobil. this batmobil was a huge piece back then. when i look at my dcsh collection then i have to say if mattel ever did one then it will be damn huge and i think pretty expensive. i dont think that the collectors market is a small faucet. i remember when we never even been asked what we wanted. i have a lot of collectors coming in my shop, buying complet sets of figures instead of one. sure there bread and butter are kids and parents. the most parents i see, dont even care what there kids want. specialy for christmas now. i dont think either that a room of applause will do much but the chance is there that mattel will talk about it in one of there meetings.