Exclusive MarvelousNews.com Hasbro Marvel Podcast Episode 1

Ryno

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great podcast, it's nice to see Hasbro really make an effort to give us information like this and though I'm not a huge fan of Spiral it gives me hope the rest of that list from the Walmart computer is legit.

What else is on this list? I haven't seen it.

Who the hell is Spiral? Aren't there more popular characters that haven't been made yet?

Well, I think at this point in the line, we either get less well-known characters, or we get remakes of previously-done characters.

Heh, I know who Spiral is, but I have no idea who Nemisis is...

very dominant podcast. I was excited to hear about them thinking of doing crossover icons. O and we need an official position by every fan that Hasbro is by no means allowed to make the IRON MAN toys 5 inches. They are to be 6 inches and have good articulation. Again NO 5 inch only 6 inch

After the fiasco of the Spidey 3 line, I'd be shocked if they did five inch figures again. Completely shocked.

Okay, I sat through the whole podcast and it stopped short of showing Spiral. What gives?

Must be a technical difficulty in the download. Try downloading it again.

besides spiral being on the wal mart list there are also the following figures:

silver savage

union jack

u.s. agent

adam warlock

there is also 1 more but i can't remember the name. hopefully the rest will be tru since we just got a glimpse of spiral.

That was definitely better than the Q&A stuff. I wonder if they'll address all the criticism Hasbro has gotten since they took over ML in future podcasts. If they read the boards there's no possible way they could be unaware of it.

I think they touched upon it a bit with the POS comment. They know whats going on, lets see if they address it more. They did mention that its a learning process though so perhaps they are making changes.

That was definitely better than the Q&A stuff. I wonder if they'll address all the criticism Hasbro has gotten since they took over ML in future podcasts. If they read the boards there's no possible way they could be unaware of it.

I think they touched upon it a bit with the POS comment. They know whats going on, lets see if they address it more. They did mention that its a learning process though so perhaps they are making changes.

I think that's about all they're going to officially say on the topic. I mean, what can they say? "Yeah, you're right, we suck." Or, alternatively, "You guys don't know what you're talking about, so shut up." Neither sounds too good.

So is this padcast thing going to be monthly or weekly??

Thanks to everyone for the kind words about the podcast. Im glad you guys liked it. Ryno worked his butt off to get this together and the Hasbro guys were great to work with, and even though they can't always reveal everything we want to know when you or I want it, they really are working to get info out to you and get your input as much as possible. So I thank them all for getting this done. As for the podcasts, they should be a monthly feature so the next one should be up sometime in November. We'll likely start a thread on here for you guys to sumit questions for future podcasts so stay tuned for that and get your questions ready :)

Sprial! Sweet! And it sounds like they're going to re-release the Blob variants next year! That's good news since I never found the green Quicksilver...

That would be welcome on my end too! I still need all 3 from that series.

Draven

Wasn't Spiral part of Mystique's Brotherhood for a bit? Along with Pyro, Blob and Avalanche?

Actually she was a member of Freedom Force which is what Mystique's Brotherhood was called when they worked for the U.S. Government.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_Force_%28comics%29

The 6th figue in H.M.L. 5 is supposidly another Black suited Spiderman. Which considering that Toybiz released 2 or 3 of those. One of which Hasbro reissued with silver paint apps in the Origins line along with a new version in the Sandman BAF wave. Is deffinately one of those WTF choices IMO.

The 6th figue in H.M.L. 5 is supposidly another Black suited Spiderman. Which considering that Toybiz released 2 or 3 of those. One of which Hasbro reissued with silver paint apps in the Origins line along with a new version in the Sandman BAF wave. Is deffinately one of those WTF choices IMO.

Wow. Yeah, I collect almost entirely Spider-Man, and even I don't see the need for that figure. My Black Spider-Man is the Origin one, in fact...

As much as I hate the things Hasbro has done with ML, I really like they would do a panel like this in conjuction with ENI, it shows alot of thought taken into the fanbase. And the Spiral figure looks amazing!

After the fiasco of the Spidey 3 line, I'd be shocked if they did five inch figures again. Completely shocked

In one interview they stated they are pleased with the Spider-Man 5" sales and that they are fully commited to the 5" line.

jiM

Very cool podcast, Ryno. That was great you were able to get that done. I really hope the Iron Man figures are going to be done in 6 inch scale. I'm going to be crying some sad tears if they aren't. From what I could see of Spiral, she looked good. I'm glad they are going to give us less mainstream characters. That means not everyone will be as excited about it, but some people will be and as long as the figure looks good, most people should be on board. I also think it's great that Hasbro is reaching out to the fans the way they are. I've heard people say they were tight lipped and uncaring of the fans, but even if that were true it certainly seems it no longer is.

I don't think they ever said that, I think they said they are trying to keep it an even mix more or less :P

hey guys. i'm just after realising something about wave 5. it going to be full of assories!!!!!!

Spiral's swords

US Agents sheild

Union Jack guns

Adam Warlock staff

SS borad.

Dude didn't you hear what they said in the podcast?.. They are going to save those for parts for future BAF waves just like Ros hamer

So is this padcast thing going to be monthly or weekly??

Thanks to everyone for the kind words about the podcast. Im glad you guys liked it. Ryno worked his butt off to get this together and the Hasbro guys were great to work with, and even though they can't always reveal everything we want to know when you or I want it, they really are working to get info out to you and get your input as much as possible. So I thank them all for getting this done. As for the podcasts, they should be a monthly feature so the next one should be up sometime in November. We'll likely start a thread on here for you guys to sumit questions for future podcasts so stay tuned for that and get your questions ready :)

Yes this was done quite nicely & I think this should replace the Q&As all in all at least for the ML lineup :) Puts a face on it and makes things a bit more personal rather than the " we can't answer that right now" BS ( "BS" " Bull - Shi* <-- :P ) reply you get half the time :D LOL I laughed at the POS reply & the nicely done cringe on the guys face when he said they couldn't answer that hahah very well done!

One thing I'd like to ask is at sdcc someone said that they decide what gets made partly on sales and figures such as white queen didn't sell well... So does that = no more females or no more white queens?.. I'm just wondering if they know it didn't sell well because it was a ugly piece of turd & nothing to do with it being WQ or a female toy...

They said the same thing about I forget what other toys from that wave... most likely banshee ect... I wouldn't mind buying another just with a new head really... :S