DCUS packaging revealed

The Superfly

I think it's a good way to showcase your product. Number one, the plastic is totally clear which allows the customer to see everything. Number two, the art on the card is essentially yellow and red which makes the blue stand out even more. Future figures might use other colors for the art, but so long as they remain more or less neutral the product stands out clearly. Number three, the name of the series, "DC Universe" is in the upper left corner above the figure and again in a color that is different than the background. Number four, the product specifications are simply stated below the figure on the bottom left. The color used for this mimics the art on the card so it isn't the first thing noticed.

The back of the card shows each figure, in full color and numbers each very boldly. This enforces the BAF concept and tells a consumer what to buy to complete the series. From a fan standpoint I also like the short character bio and the first appearance too.

Overall appealing to the customer, functional from a sales POV, and enough to entice both fan and child alike. Good job Mattel! Now distribute them well so we can all spend our Chris-muah-kwan-adan money on them.

This little feature is gonna be a pain in the butt when Red Tornado is released. It'll be like trying to find Waldo...

.....I'm going to go out on a limb and predict at least a $12 retail price for these guys.

I really hope not. Unless they want to lose more people.

my guess is it'll stay close to the $10. mattel is smart enough to realize they can't raise the price more than 2 bucks and still keep most of their customers.

.....I'm going to go out on a limb and predict at least a $12 retail price for these guys.

my guess is it'll stay close to the $10. mattel is smart enough to realize they can't raise the price more than 2 bucks and still keep most of their customers.

Well we're getting more with these figures that we did before. The BAF has never been a part of the DC Universe line so I'd see the price going up. Maybe not $2 but it's gonna go up

Well we're getting more with these figures that we did before. The BAF has never been a part of the DC Universe line so I'd see the price going up. Maybe not $2 but it's gonna go up

But Mattel has always been more expensive than many of its competitors. They've always priced their products higher to snag the margins, it has only been in the last couple years with faltering action figure toy sales that they've been halfway competitive. I think DC Universe will retail for $10, just like Marvel Legends.

I may have to pick up an extra Batman though...swap his head with the one from DCSH wave 1, and make my Neal Adams Batman Mattel denied me last year!

I really could care less about the packaging. Mattel has yet to fix distribution with these figures and I find it very unlikely that I will even see half of these figures on the shelf. What's the point of a BAF if you can't find all the figures in the wave????

Then buy a case and hope it's got one of each. I agree with you completely, so went that route. The extra couple of bucks a figure and the shipping FAR outweigh the expected time of scouring for each one, and the gas spent going from TRU to WM to Target to Kmart to Big Lots to God knows where else. Too bad Mattel doesn't solicit through Previews. That would be WAAAAAAY to smart.

• 2 weeks later...

I think that packaging is all about the looks. Its a total waste of resources. You don't need that much packaging! Gees! Its not like the toy is $100+ or anything and its likely going to be taken out of its' packaging... So why do you need so much plastic? Damnit!

Don't give up hope gang. I'm in NJ where finding cool toys is almost damn near impossible (no Joes, non-movie Transformers, or DCSH on the shelves anywhere). But persistentce pays off. All the K-Marts around here just got the Two-Face wave, and lots of them. I picked up Two-Face and the new Batgirl. They also had a ton of the rarer Superman figs (Mongul, Parasite, and Steel).

The only figure I currently don't have from the entire line is Clayface. All were bought at retail.

Don't give up hope gang. I'm in NJ where finding cool toys is almost damn near impossible (no Joes, non-movie Transformers, or DCSH on the shelves anywhere). But persistentce pays off. All the K-Marts around here just got the Two-Face wave, and lots of them. I picked up Two-Face and the new Batgirl. They also had a ton of the rarer Superman figs (Mongul, Parasite, and Steel).

The only figure I currently don't have from the entire line is Clayface. All were bought at retail.

Did K-Mart have Cyborg Superman as well?

the quality of the packings is extraordinary, al not to limit in spaces determined by interests too many commercial ones occurs the opportunity of being creative and original with the way in which they contain the action figures, the packing is so attractive that in some of the figures they do not give desire to open them not to break his box

january

I think for safetys sake, a good 15 day buffer for a probable release date would suffice. If you ask me, there is a slim chance that we will see these before christmas, especially since so many online retailers have a late december release punched into their computers. So I think that there is a good chance the first wave of DCUC will arive at some point between Dec 20th and January 6th.

What do you guys think?

january

I think for safetys sake, a good 15 day buffer for a probable release date would suffice. If you ask me, there is a slim chance that we will see these before christmas, especially since so many online retailers have a late december release punched into their computers. So I think that there is a good chance the first wave of DCUC will arive at some point between Dec 20th and January 6th.

What do you guys think?

That sounds about right to me. BBTS has a "Late December" date for arrival so I don't think brick and mortar stores are gonna be that far behind. And if these hit within the last week before Christmas I think retailers will want them on shelves. I believe the biggest shopping day, as estimated by a national retailer group is supposed to be December 22 this year so if they're available, we might see them.