DCUS packaging revealed

The Superfly

Huh. A lot bulkier than is necessary. That means that the shelf space a store has to devote to them will be crowded, and more than likely have less figures on display.

Slimmed down packaging seems to be in order.

Also, 'Collect & Connect'? I didn't realize the phrase 'Build-A-Figure' was trademarked or whatever. Interesting.

Looks nice enough, but I'm not a MISB collector so I don't really care what the package looks like. I guess the 'Collect & Connect' was the best they could do as I'm sure they didn't want there's to sound like a total copycat of the Marvel Legends Build-A-Figure.

I love it. Seeing the Green Lantern figure in that packaging will be one of the most beautiful things in the world (figuratively speaking).

I'm so digging the DCSH line, this packaging is fine by me. I also kind of like the "collect and connect" rather that the Build a Figure, it's just a little different spin on the same concept.

I find tremendous irony in that their distribution is pitiful, as is the Habsbro Legends, yet Marvel Toys LCBH are ALL OVER the damn place, both series. Too bad I don't give a rip about any of their characters.

I've never seen Two-Face, the new Batgirl, Catwoman, or Clayface in the stores. I don't even think Walmart is carrying DCSH at all any more.

When does Mattel put together an Online shop they actually fully stock to meet demand (I'm looking at YOU Hasbrotoyshop.com)? Wouldn't that be a dream?!?!?!?!

Who is the Element Man? Forgive my ignorance to the DC Universe (still new to it) but isn't that Metamorpho?

Yep, Rex Mason is Metamorpho. I guess his name can't be used so they are calling him Element Man.

Nice packaging; I'm assuming the little tag on top that holds the package on the peg is just not on yet.

Anyhow, I'm looking forward to these if I can find them!

I think it's kinda clunky. Don't care though as I'm an opener.

I've had this thread reported a couple times now from people saying there is no pic. I looked myself on two different PC's and on one I could see the images and the other I couldn't, not sure why other then the one I couldn't was using Window's Vista. Anyway I just wanted to let people know that if you can't see the image, your not crazy or anything, it must be some type of technical glitch on their end, but there are images other then the guy at the desk in the article.

I've had this thread reported a couple times now from people saying there is no pic. I looked myself on two different PC's and on one I could see the images and the other I couldn't, not sure why other then the one I couldn't was using Window's Vista. Anyway I just wanted to let people know that if you can't see the image, your not crazy or anything, it must be some type of technical glitch on their end, but there are images other then the guy at the desk in the article.

I have Windows Vista and they all showed up on mine.

that new packaging will make it harder to find mint figures.

A friend of mine joked that when he finds them and he doesn't have the money right away he'll dent them pretty bad so that MISB collectors will leave them.

I bet, it must suck to be poor.

but he can rest easy on these, they will probably arrive damaged straight out of the box.

I think it's a good way to showcase your product. Number one, the plastic is totally clear which allows the customer to see everything. Number two, the art on the card is essentially yellow and red which makes the blue stand out even more. Future figures might use other colors for the art, but so long as they remain more or less neutral the product stands out clearly. Number three, the name of the series, "DC Universe" is in the upper left corner above the figure and again in a color that is different than the background. Number four, the product specifications are simply stated below the figure on the bottom left. The color used for this mimics the art on the card so it isn't the first thing noticed.

The back of the card shows each figure, in full color and numbers each very boldly. This enforces the BAF concept and tells a consumer what to buy to complete the series. From a fan standpoint I also like the short character bio and the first appearance too.

Overall appealing to the customer, functional from a sales POV, and enough to entice both fan and child alike. Good job Mattel! Now distribute them well so we can all spend our Chris-muah-kwan-adan money on them.

I can't wait for these figs! I didn't realize Metamprpho...errrr "Element Man" was the BAF. I can even see myself buying the Batman.

And since I can't HELP but have a sense of negativity when it comest to Mattel.....I'm going to go out on a limb and predict at least a $12 retail price for these guys. Why? At my last visit to Target, I noticed the DCSH figures (still cloged with nothing but Scarecrows and Supermans) on price cut.........for $9.98! That's WITH the price cut!!!!