Villains Hasbro

drzenith

So far here is the rundown of villains that were made by Hasbro. X3 or movies not included.

HML1: Annihilus (BAF)

HML2: Blob (BAF)

*Xorn is both, but akin to a hero since the real one joined the X-Men.

HML3: Danger, Hydra, Brood Queen (BAF)

FF1: Dr. Doom, Mole Man

*Ronan is both, after the recent Annihilation storyline he is more akin to an anti-hero.

HML4: Nemesis (BAF)

The Villain tally so far:

BAF= 4

Regular= 4

So the question is, are you satisfied in seeing one or two villains per series? Is the collation sufficient enough? Since try to remember that Hasbro wants to sell figures that is why either one villain as a BAF or two as regulars? Making more maybe risky on their part. What do you prefer?

Well, for comparison, the first four series of Toy Biz Marvel Legends contained only three villains (Toad, Doom, Magneto), and the last two series of TB ML contained two regular villains and two BAF villains. (Obviously, ML13 has to be kept out of the tally, or it throws everything off.)

So, Hasbro's about even with Toy Biz in their numbers of villains, although I'd argue at excluding the X3 villains, who are a legitimate part of the wave.

Anyway, more villains? Sure.

There are so many cool villains that have yet to join the Legends. I don't want to necessarily increase their amount per wave, though. I'd love to have a good Magneto (not like the prototype we saw....ugh), Grim Reaper and the Enchantress just to name a few. No offense but I'd like to cool it with the X-Men characters for a while. I want to have the Masters of Evil and the Thunderbolts would be nice. Bring back big BAFs! I need a big Ultron!

Actually if you add up all the figures, toybiz, hasbro, bafs, etc you should almost get an equal number of villians and heroes. I personally would rather see a whole year worth of waves full of villians. They outnumber heroes and most just seem way cooler to have anyways. I could easily list a hundred of them Here check this out:

Wrecking Crew

Zodiac Cartel

Serpent Society

U foes

Squadron Supreme

Whirlwind

Goliath (formerly Atlas)

Grim Reaper

Klaw

Graviton

Tigershark

Attuma

Diablo

Living Laser

Ulik

Unicorn

Molecule Man

Radioactive Man

Baron Helmut Zemo

Moonstone

Blackout

Titania

Grey Gargoyle

Silver Samurai

Sauron

I'm pretty content on having only 1 or 2 villains a wave. I'd rather have more heroes than villains on my shelves.

So far here is the rundown of villains that were made by Hasbro. X3 or movies not included.

HML1: Annihilus (BAF)

HML2: Blob (BAF)

*Xorn is both, but akin to a hero since the real one joined the X-Men.

HML3: Danger, Hydra

FF1: Dr. Doom, Mole Man

*Ronan is both, after the recent Annihilation storyline he is more akin to an anti-hero.

HML4: Nemesis (BAF)

The Villain tally so far:

BAF= 3

Regular= 4

So the question is, are you satisfied in seeing one or two villains per series? Is the collation sufficient enough? Since try to remember that Hasbro wants to sell figures that is why either one villain as a BAF or two as regulars? Making more maybe risky on their part. What do you prefer?

Hmmm, lets do this RIGHT:

Ghost Rider:

Blackheart

Scarecrow

Vengence

I wont bother with Spidey Origins, except:

Demogoblin

HML1:

Emma Frost (has been a villain before, even though not really in this costume. either way she is still a total #$#@#)

Annihilus

HML2:

Juggernaut

Phoenix

Xorn, sans helmet

Blob

HML3:

Brood Queen

Hydra agent

Danger

FFML:

Ronan

Mole Man

Dr. Doom

SMTML (wont count rereleases):

New Goblin

Venom

Sandman

...Sandman again

Exclusives:

Black Queen totally counts.

So, yeah. thats actually a nice number of villains. HOWEVER, I WANT MORE ARMY BUILDING! and you know, just more new villains. I like me some villains, a lot.

you could count the hydra guy as many more times as your wiliing to buy, however. i actually think you should add doc ock to your SM3 list, strap, since he had something new (they got rid of his action feature)

I'm pretty content on having only 1 or 2 villains a wave. I'd rather have more heroes than villains on my shelves.

Well, see, you can say that because your collection is probably X-Men focused. Mine is Spider-Man focused, and my two Spider-Men are probably prematurely gray after being surrounded by the Sinister Fifteen-Or-So. ^__^

You're darn right I want villains. The more the better. I'd love to see Hasbro do a Wrecking Crew set. And The Frightful Four. More Brotherhood members, starting with Toad and Mystique. The Hellfire Club. Some more NYC gangsters - Hammerhead, Silvermane. Other than Mandarian we haven't had one Iron Man villain yet. What's up with that?

Isn't it amazing when you look at the list of MU villains that people are posting here, that the great TB never made them! Let's hope Hasbro picks up the slack & makes all these baddies that we're asking for in 08' & beyond!

Think of all the Avengers/Ironman/Thor/Cap enemies that TB never made & the list gets very large indeed!

Seems like all they concentrated on was making all of the X/Spidey villians & a tiny sprinkling of Hulk/Avenger/GR villians.

I want many of the villians you all have listed, but my most wanted villians that I hope get made before this line goes under are...

classic Perez ULTRON!

ML scaled Thanos!

Count Nefaria

Wrecking crew-classic versions!

Ironman's rogues gallery of villians

Baron Helmut Zemo's Masters of evil with BAF Goliath!

Make these Hasbro!!!!!!!!!!! :angry:

I'm happy with the amount of villians, I prefer to get obscure heroes over well known villians actually, but I do like to see some bad guys ofcourse, cause the heroes need someone to fight, I think we're getting a fair ratio.

.. No offense but I'd like to cool it with the X-Men characters for a while...

As an X Men fan, I couldn't agree with you more! I love all things "X" but I don't want it to turn into Toybiz's early offerings all over again. We went almost 10 years without a Jim Lee Jean, We can wait a lil longer? But, but...seeing the very Special Guest on the podcast. And reading some of the posts here, I'm wanting more outta the 616!!!

Examples? ...Sure!

Crimson Dynamo

Wrecker

Bulldozer

Piledriver

Thunderball

Ultron "Perez"

Neo-Mandarin (the only Jim Lee deco I need?!)

Mandarin.jpg

Executioner

Frost Troll/Giant (BAF?)

Dreadnaught

Dreadknight

Count Nefaria

Madam Masque

Dr. Druid

Red Skull with Steve's DNA (Yeah, all buffed, physically equal to Cap?!)

CROSSBONES, CROSSBONES, CROSSBONES!!!

Syn

Arnim Zola

Herr Germany (J/K!)

Barracuda (from Punisher Max, one of the best villains Frank has seen in a minute! Original to even Marvel high standards)

Typhoid Mary

Nasty Boys

Bullet

Ammo

Bushwacker

Nuke

Ringmaster (Honestly, where has he been?)

Terrax the Tamer

Fire Lord

These are just off the top of my head, villains from certain story arcs... you know, Legends?!

You're darn right I want villains. The more the better. I'd love to see Hasbro do a Wrecking Crew set. And The Frightful Four. More Brotherhood members, starting with Toad and Mystique. The Hellfire Club. Some more NYC gangsters - Hammerhead, Silvermane. Other than Mandarian we haven't had one Iron Man villain yet. What's up with that?

I agree with everything you said