If Megatron is dead

Starscream49

I'd like to see the Decepticons win in the second movie and enslave the earth, just to give the Autobots something to fight for in the 3rd movie and something to let us get behind them. With or without Megatron. Starscream or Shockwave as leader in the second movie would make me happy, I don't really have a preference. Megs reviving and taking credit for their work in conquering Earth would be funny.

Now correct me if I'm wrong here, but in the g1 comics I do believe that Galvatron was a totally different bot from Megatron was he not?

Something tells me the writers are more interested in using the ideas from the comics as opposed to the cartoon.

I'd love to see Galvatron brought on and NOT just be a new form of Megatron. It could also lead to a future Megatron/Galvatron showdown which would rock!

I still don't think we've heard the last of the Allspark. I don't get how such immense power could simply fizzle out just by being jammed into a robots chest. I think I'd like to see the angle played out where Megs was actually knocked into a dormant state while his body absorbs and adapts to the power from the allspark. The piece that Prime removed can be what keeps him from tapping into the full power of it.

Though I'd think Megs comeback would be better served for the 3rd movie with perhaps a teaser of it at the end of the 2nd. I think the cons should come out the winners of the next movie. Set up an uber-desperate struggle for the 3rd that will lead to the ultimate bot smashing climax.

Perhaps we even see Megs and Prime team up in the 3rd to fight Galvatron. Who knows, crazier things have happened!

i think whats likely to be the story, is SS go's back to find Decep allies (seekers) to come back and destory the Autbots on Earth. In the meantime Soundwave finds Megatron with the help of some Megatron Loyalists and uses somthing (energon?) to revive Megs, which happens to be just at the same time the Seekers and SS return. So you have Meg vs. SS, while also battling the Autobots.

In the marvel run Megatron and Galvatron were the same ....Unicron just plucked him from another reality because he couldn't find Megartron at the time. I'd prefer no Galvatron at all in the movie franchise....

Ok, I wasn't sure of that. I read some of the original comic series but obviously not all of them.

Either way, someone else should lead the Cons in the 2nd movie. Whether it's Starscream, Shockwave or whoever.

I thought the Megs teaming up with Prime would act as merely a smokescreen so that Megs could get access to and steal the shard of the allspark that Prime took and Megs needs. Of course that may be a bit too cliche' but it's still a useful one.

Most people probably wouldn't even remember Prime even took it. If they carried on not mentioning it much until the end, when Megs succeeds in stealing the shard then it might catch people a bit off guard at the same time making them go "oh yeah, I forgot about that!"

Either way, I feel that the shard of the allspark that Prime removed HAS to come back to be something important. It's just one of those moments that had to be there for a reason and was kind of snuck in there in a place where a lot of people just haven't thought much of it.

Perhaps it will simply be a means of once again bringing Megatron back, but I hope not. That's all we need is another plot revolving around searching for and reactivating Megatron again.

Perhaps the all spark will revive and reformat Megatron into Galvatron. That would definitely give the Autobots a fight for their lives in the next two movies.

thats what im thinking will happen.

I think it may become the Matrix....Maybe.

Ok, I wasn't sure of that. I read some of the original comic series but obviously not all of them

Issue 69 I believe....Unicron sent Hook,Line and Sinker to retrieve him. In that reality The Decepticons had all but conquered Earth and nearly killed all the Autobots.

the first movie didn't seem to really care too much about logic or sound exposition, so I doubt the second one will. the all spark will be found somehow to still be functional, and Megatron will be brought back, and the rest of the movie will be so cool nobody will give much thought to the how or why of it.

My guess is that they will say the allspark didn't actually kill Megatron. Just put him into statis to reformat his body into Galvatron. Since Blackout and the others were "buried" with him they would either be amalgamated into Galvatron (my guess) or reformated all Unicron's creations.

Personally, I'd rather NOT see Megatron or Galvatron return.

Anyone see the stuff on youtube for sequel ideas? Several people put up "trailers" involving the Dinobots.

My guess is that they will say the allspark didn't actually kill Megatron. Just put him into statis to reformat his body into Galvatron. Since Blackout and the others were "buried" with him they would either be amalgamated into Galvatron (my guess) or reformated all Unicron's creations.

Personally, I'd rather NOT see Megatron or Galvatron return.

Anyone see the stuff on youtube for sequel ideas? Several people put up "trailers" involving the Dinobots.

that was just videos from the sector 7 site.

I'm for Megatron returning and getting an Earth form first. If Megatron is DEAD, then I'd say have a split Decepticon faction of Shockwave's troops and Starscream's Brigade. Shockwave being loyal to Megatron at least attempts to revive good ol' Megs. Meanwhile Starscream has his own troops trying to destroy the Autobots.