Abundence of figures

Wheeljack35

Today both the Target I work at and the Walmart up the street from me had Wave 3 overflowing on the pegs

If anybody needs them just double check your stores

I have never seen them in this abundence before

Usually they come one or two cases at a time but not today

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today both the Target I work at and the Walmart up the street from me had Wave 3 overflowing on the pegs

where do you live at?

where do you live at?

New Port Richey, Florida!

But Wheeljack didn't offer to pick up any variants for me. :(

-Kevin

One of the Walmarts here rec'd 3 cases of Wave 2 yesterday. When I went back last night, I noticed they had sold out of everything except for the CC, SE, and SS repacks.

Gonna check Target today...hoping to find some stuff for a certain special person! @luv@

One of the Walmarts here rec'd 3 cases of Wave 2 yesterday. When I went back last night, I noticed they had sold out of everything except for the CC, SE, and SS repacks.

Gonna check Target today...hoping to find some stuff for a certain special person! @luv@

:wub:

Checked my Wally at lunch, still nothing. Mine still has yet to stock any of the 25th anniversary stuff. :(

Feel free to pick up some for me, Wheeljack. ;)

Which assortment did you get? Yellow or green Stalker? Anchor or Shark tat Shipwreck? New or old crotch Firefly?

:wub:

Target received 2 cases of Wave 3 today. Picked up the improved crotch Firefly and Green Stalker for somebody. @comehere@

No sign of any Zartans there. And the Shipwreck was the anchor version.

Anchor or Shark tat Shipwreck?

Ok tell me about Shipwreck.I have him but have no idea what you mean by Anchor or Shark

Anchor or Shark tat Shipwreck?

Ok tell me about Shipwreck.I have him but have no idea what you mean by Anchor or Shark

He was released first with a shark tatoo and then it was changed to an anchor.

Apparently, there's a discrepancy in the reports of abundance and being hard to find with these figures.

A industry insider who I find to be reliable has recently said that Hasbro and Paramount are concerned about the sluggish sales of these figures.

Yes, seriously..............sluggish sales!

Paramount is concerned because they've inked the deal for the GIJOE movie and are participating in the profits from the toy-line from about this point on, and Hasbro is just perplexed because this is going to be their scale and toyline of focus forthe next few years--again, courtesy of the movie.

From what I understand, its reference to the boxed sets, and the first wave or so of the line.

What I find so odd--and I put the question to my contact--is all the reports that these sets and figures are hard to find from people all over the country. Makes no sense at all to me, unless the reports being made simply are not accurate.

Apparently, there's a discrepancy in the reports of abundance and being hard to find with these figures.

A industry insider who I find to be reliable has recently said that Hasbro and Paramount are concerned about the sluggish sales of these figures.

Paramount is concerned because they've inked the deal for the GIJOE movie and are participating in the profits from the toy-line from about this point on, and Hasbro is just perplexed because this is going to be their scale and toyline of focus forthe next few years--again, courtesy of the movie.

From what I understand, its reference to the boxed sets, and the first wave or so of the line.

What I find so odd--and I put the question to my contact--is all the reports that these sets and figures are hard to find from people all over the country. Makes no sense at all to me, unless the reports being made simply are not accurate.

Well if they are not happy with their sales, then all they have to blame is distribution (AKA themselves)... We can't buy the product if we can't find it... And finding it has most certainly been the issue with these

The scuttle butt is, and you know how scuttle butt goes, that the shark tat shipwreck is the more rare. There is also a packaging variant on Zartan. Then of course the complete color change on Stalker and the Zartan face coloring thing. I still get a chuckle that we've resorted looking to crotches of figures now. It brings a whole new meaning to inspecting the package.......

To answer the thread, my Target's were packed today. Got all of Wave 3. Still need troopers. Plenty of Officers and Ninjas now.

Anyway, and not to hijack this thread, why does everyone blame Hasbro for distributio?? Can someone explain this to me...even in a PM, I don't care. I thought the burden of getting product to the shelves is assumed by the retailers, not the wholesaler. Here in the mid-west, both Target and Wally were painfully slow getting the product to the shelves when stores in neighboring states were overflowing. To me, Hasbro is not at fault in this, are they? Someone 'splain it to me.

Do they mean poor sales according to how much retailers purchased? Because I'm sure they don't have up to the minute data on how well these are selling at the register. As we all know by now, they might as well just stock 25th Joe figures right next to the cash registers because they don't stay on the (two) pegs they're alloted in the toy section.

Anyway, I DON'T want a freakin GiJoe movie. I hope to GOD Paramount backs out.

I don't want a Flint figure that looks like some lame ass actor. Nor do I want a movie version of Destro or CC or any other character that's been given the Hollywood treatment because you know they won't leave the designs as is. And then those movie designs are going to impose on our favorite toy line.

Worse case scenario: Hasbro changes the line for the movie to make things more kid friendly.

Sound chips. Check.

Action attack. Yep.

Underarticulated figures so other "movie items" can be included in the package at the same price point? Ugh.

This is all just grim speculation of course, and I hate to be so negative about it (and a thread hijacker :) ) but I can only judge these things based on past movie toys. Honestly, the effect a Joe movie is going to have on the currently awesome (fan-friendly) toys scares the living hell out of me.

Do they mean poor sales according to how much retailers purchased? Because I'm sure they don't have up to the minute data on how well these are selling at the register. As we all know by now, they might as well just stock 25th Joe figures right next to the cash registers because they don't stay on the (two) pegs they're alloted in the toy section.

Anyway, I DON'T want a freakin GiJoe movie. I hope to GOD Paramount backs out.

I don't want a Flint figure that looks like some lame ass actor. Nor do I want a movie version of Destro or CC or any other character that's been given the Hollywood treatment because you know they won't leave the designs as is. And then those movie designs are going to impose on our favorite toy line.

Worse case scenario: Hasbro changes the line for the movie to make things more kid friendly.

Sound chips. Check.

Action attack. Yep.

Underarticulated figures so other "movie items" can be included in the package at the same price point? Ugh.

This is all just grim speculation of course, and I hate to be so negative about it (and a thread hijacker :) ) but I can only judge these things based on past movie toys. Honestly, the effect a Joe movie is going to have on the currently awesome (fan-friendly) toys scares the living hell out of me.

See the Transformers movie line and the general responses. Hell, look at what Hasbro has done with STar Wars and Indiana Jones! Hasbro knows how to run a movie line. And like Transformers, Joe will focus on the movie come 09, but will all but assuredly go back to its roots the next year, as we're seeing with Transformers Universe next year. Maybe more importantly, the possible revival of the brand on par with what happened with Transformers makes creating the Joe movie a halfway decent gamble.

Discrepancy INDEED!

Now, I can see the 5 pack arguement, I've heard that they aren't all that hard to get a hold of (don't know as my store and all the others in driving distance don't carry them), and you can easily get the Joe 5 pack from several online retailers. But singles are flying off the shelves. I work at Walmart, I work overnight and scope pallets 5 (sometimes 6) nights a week. We got some 4 or 5 cases of wave 3 in two weeks ago, and sold off everything minus 2 SE and 2 SS figures in less than a week, and those four moved a few days after on the weekend. This after A MONTH AND HALF of no figures at all.

All the stores in an hour's drive are in the same situation here in Oklahoma.

I suspect some number fudging is going on here. My suspicion is that because the 5 packs are higher margin items, their weaker sales are overshadowing the hot sales of the lower margin single figures. IF product was available in number, then maybe singles could have offset any disparity, but there just isn't enough out there to buy.

I dont think the five packs are that great, and they do sit around. The Singles barely see a 6 hour shift of peg warmin, before they are snatched.

maybe they should focus on singles, and make the 25th packs more unique.

i dunno, maybe faction packs, since alot of people are older ( 30-40 yo) living thier youth

over again when they walk by the peg.

Five packs are Sluggish

Singles are lightspeed sellers, blame discreprencies on distrubution.

I suspect some number fudging is going on here. My suspicion is that because the 5 packs are higher margin items, their weaker sales are overshadowing the hot sales of the lower margin single figures. IF product was available in number, then maybe singles could have offset any disparity, but there just isn't enough out there to buy.

No, that is the case--its the five packs. The lower cost items are moving---I just re-read the post elsewhere ( alt.toys.gi-joe)---but the boxed sets alone are bothering both parties. I guess it boils down to the eye catching nature of the product not being all that eye-catching in terms of sales and the "psychology" behind the makreting not having the legs that were expected.

Hasbro is skittish about this---don't forget, the 12" 40th Ann. GIJOE line also bombed at retail and this was packaged and marketed to target a specific consumer base. Anniversary/nostalgic products end up as very fickle consumed items, so any kind of long-term committment to them is a bigger gamble.

The 3 3/4" scale has a bigger audience, but the figures are at a much lower price-point as well.

I'm curious to see what's going to develop.

The 5 packs will probably sell better when we get closer to Christmas. More expensive toys sales always pick up at that time. It's much easier to grab a cheaper single pack here and there any time of the year than it is to get a $20-$30 5 pack.

Hasbro said they only "planned" the 2 5-packs and the idea of singles came after the figures for the 5-packs were already in production, so figure in that and the fact that retailers under ordered, no wonder we're seeing the 5-pakcs warming the shelves.

The only thing peg-warming around here is the Hooded Cobra Commander. At one point, one Wal-Mart had 14 of them and none of the rest of the wave. I've only seen one Cobra Officer and haven't seen a Flint for months.

The Five-packs were either not ordered by the Wal-Marts and Targets in my area or they instantly sold out. I still don't own either of the first two sets because I haven't found them in my area.