2007 CFB Minutes

cmderinchief

C.F.B. 2007

Minutes:

Greetings everyone. Sorry it took me a while to get these typed up. Life went into overdrive after the con. On behalf of the officers it was great seeing everyone there. To the new members: Welcome. We look forward to your input.

Several things discussed at this years meeting.

1. T-shirts. What weve decided is that a new logo is going to be designed (see item number three) and then we will get t-shirts for club members. Prices to follow in upcoming e-mails. We hope that everyone will wear the shirts (and possibly hats) at next years con. We really want to have a presence next year.

2. Private Forum: The G.I. Joe Collectors club is going to give us our own private forum. Please send Brian and Lanny a thank you email. I will be sending out a password to those who attended the 07 meeting. This is a big step in the Club recognizing C.F.B. like they do with D.O.B. We need to utilize this forum once it is set up. More details to follow.

3. Hand in hand with item number 1, Don (VP for Life) is designing a new logo. Once that is done it will be put on t-shirts and possibly hats.

4. Open voting to include newer figures: After discussion (and this seems to come up every year) we have once again decided to stick with the 10 year rule. A mold/figure MUST be 10 years old or older to vote it in.

5. President Vote: Since the original President For Life has not been able to attend a con since 04, we voted in a new President For Life. Gary Goodsoe a.k.a. cmderinchief on most boards is the new President For Life. The rest of the officers (Don = VP for Life, Tazzz = Sergeant at Arms, and Adroq = Secretary for Life) remain the same. Also incorporated was a new rule. If an officer misses 2 consecutive conventions there will be a new vote.

Just a reminder about past years voting before adding this years hall of fame winners.

Figures:

04 Golobulus (mascot), Crystal Ball, and Raptor

05 Leopard (Giraffe) pants Leatherneck (Leatherneck Version 3)

06 Red Faced Cobra Commander (CC Version 4)

This year nominations for the figure to be voted in included:

Sneak Peak v.1

Robo Joe

Deep Six v.1

Deep Six with Killer Dolphin

Pimp Daddy Destro

Cross Country v.2

Muskrat v.2

Clean Sweep

Toxo Zombie (Neal from Hasbros personal nomination)

After the voting Deep Six v.1 won by quite a margin.

As far as vehicle voting:

04 no vehicle voted in.

05 Pile Driver

06 Triple T Tank

07 nominations

Recon Sled

Pogo

Dominator

Coastal Defender

Cross Fire

Road Toad

Fort America

Skystorm

Ninja Cycle

Equalizer

It came down to one vote but the Fort America barely nudged out the Coastal Defender as this years vehicle.

The executive level minutes will be posted on the private GIJCC forum

Adroq

C.F.B. Secretary for Life.

With this posting, I would like to say thank you to JayC and the mods of the GI Joe Forum on TNI for hosting us (officially and unofficially) since 2004. Thank you for the recognition. From here out, all of our official business will be on the GIJCC (aka Master Collector) boards. We are working on a public meeting place as I type. Any updates will be posted into the existing thread on this forum until plans are finalized for the public forum

Any and all CFB members on TNI should contact myself, Tazzzman, Adroq or Card (these are all our officers and our forum names) for the password to the new private forum on the GIJCC board. If you are a member of the CFB and not a member of the GIJCC forums, please go and register there now.

Anyone reading this and wondering what the CFB is, just PM me.

Thanks TNI!

CFB? That's like AFA for crappy figures!

-Kevin

kev i thought you were on on this in 04'?

I was. :) I've been at all the meetings except this years. I slept instead.

-Kevin

We should start grading the crappy figures! I think that's a great idea.

Card and I will come up with a grading system / sticker to mount on a case.

This is how it will work. The crappier your figures are, the worse grading you will get. Like, I have a Deep Six v1 that was left buried in the dirt and sand for 14 years. Discoloration, and paint chips, but no breakage. It would probably get about a -75. The more natural and childhood wear a figure has, the worse grade they'll get. If your crappy figure has been mangled by a dog, it could possibly get a grade of -80 to -85, depending on how much your dog chews it up. The only way to get a perfect crappy grade, -100, would be if your crappy figure was strapped to an M80, chewed by your dog, pooped out, buried for 15 years, and spooned with by a drunken CFB member.

I think we have something here.

-Kevin

-Kevin

This is how it will work. The crappier your figures are, the worse grading you will get. Like, I have a Deep Six v1 that was left buried in the dirt and sand for 14 years. Discoloration, and paint chips, but no breakage. It would probably get about a -75. The more natural and childhood wear a figure has, the worse grade they'll get. If your crappy figure has been mangled by a dog, it could possibly get a grade of -80 to -85, depending on how much your dog chews it up. The only way to get a perfect crappy grade, -100, would be if your crappy figure was strapped to an M80, chewed by your dog, pooped out, buried for 15 years, and spooned with by a drunken CFB member.

Are you talking about your first Baroness toy?

-Kevin

-Kevin

-Kevin

Are you talking about your first Baroness toy?

-Kevin

Oh, I failed to mention that the figures have to have been nominated to the CFB to be graded. So my heavily spooned Baroness doesn't count @hmmm@

Can we please vote in Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow as crappy figures. Just because of the fact that there are like 1000 plus versions of them. Either that or have a lifetime acheivement award for them

I can't believe Sneak Peak didn't get voted in! @grumpy@ That figure is a waste of freakin' plastic...I mean c'mon, does anyone think it's cool to have a bigazz scope as a weapon?!?!? @lol@ Next year i'm gonna make it my personal mission to make sure he gets voted in! #US1#

Man whatever Sneak Peek was the man. I dont know why no one liked him. I will make it my personal mission to make sure he never gets voted in :)

I can't believe Sneak Peak didn't get voted in! @grumpy@ That figure is a waste of freakin' plastic...I mean c'mon, does anyone think it's cool to have a bigazz scope as a weapon?!?!? @lol@ Next year i'm gonna make it my personal mission to make sure he gets voted in! #US1#

Man whatever Sneak Peek was the man. I dont know why no one liked him. I will make it my personal mission to make sure he never gets voted in :)

@lol@ So I guess we are officialy arch-enemies then, huh @smilepunch@

Well old friend...I guess you'll be joining Sneak Peak in hell then @firedevil@

dont make me go against you again, and make you disappointed yet 2 years in a row. Skarapz has had power of persuasion and can influence the vote @loll@ @firedevil@

Have to go with Zod on this one - I loved Sneak Peek's figures when I was younger (especially since he and Dusty were buddies in the comic) and was said to see him get mowed down trying to save a little girl.

Have to go with Zod on this one - I loved Sneak Peek's figures when I was younger (especially since he and Dusty were buddies in the comic) and was said to see him get mowed down trying to save a little girl.

Are you kidding me?!!? has the whole world gone mad?!?!? @bH@

@lol@ @smilepunch@

This figure just looks oafish and clumsy to me...maybe it's his child bearing hips or his over sized ##$%$#ed kid's helmet that's straped to his head so he won't hurt himself (again, no offense to the handicap) but this figure has always looked ridiculous...plus a freakin' bigazz scope is his weapon...a scope! @bH@

and Skrapz...why do I need to worry about someone who can be bought off by a BK Broiler?? @loll@

Are you kidding me?!!? has the whole world gone mad?!?!? @bH@

@lol@ @smilepunch@

This figure just looks oafish and clumsy to me...maybe it's his child bearing hips or his over sized ##$%$#ed kid's helmet that's straped to his head so he won't hurt himself (again, no offense to the handicap) but this figure has always looked ridiculous...plus a freakin' bigazz scope is his weapon...a scope! @bH@

and Skrapz...why do I need to worry about someone who can be bought off by a BK Boiler?? @loll@

Wait, that's all I had to do to buy his vote for the Coastal Defender? One BK Broiler shy of winning!

Remember, we vote in figures to honor them, not because we think that they are the most hated figures.....

i disagree, its ones I usually dont like.

Anyways didnt take chazz long to bring in BK, wow gone for so long and keep up with a old school joke, thanks man lol

Well, my vote is also purchasable. Sadly, this year I slept, or it would have been the usual tie with vote-offs we had last year, or two years ago... The Coastal Defender would get my vote for vehicle, and Sneak Peek out of the listed figures if I didn't vote down PDD, or Deep Six version Anchor! (He really is just a nice sized anchor in that suit.)

-Kevin

Remember, we vote in figures to honor them, not because we think that they are the most hated figures.....

Anyways didnt take chazz long to bring in BK, wow gone for so long and keep up with a old school joke, thanks man lol

Ahh then we have lost focus ;) it is to honor there designs and characters and has been so since day one, there are our mascots like Golobulous and Raptor as well as good ol' Crystal Ball, and others.....

Ahh then we have lost focus ;) it is to honor there designs and characters and has been so since day one, there are our mascots like Golobulous and Raptor as well as good ol' Crystal Ball, and others.....

I always saw it as a way to say "Yeah, this figure sucks the way it is. Even though it sucks, I'm glad I have it in my collection." #US1#

-Kevin

I always saw it as a way to say "Yeah, this figure sucks the way it is. Even though it sucks, I'm glad I have it in my collection." #US1#

-Kevin

I'll take that and true, to honor the suckyness of the figure.

i think you are forgetting part of the rules, TO HAVE FUN and not to be SERIOUS. I have no problem with these figures but i'm not gonna honor them lol.

Isnt that always the case, old friend become enemies, enemies destroy thew world yada yada yada. Well at least its warm in hell. But since ole Sneek Peek and I will see you coming for like 100 miles away, thanks to his giant scope, perhaps you will be going to hell @firedevil@

@lol@ So I guess we are officialy arch-enemies then, huh @smilepunch@

Well old friend...I guess you'll be joining Sneak Peak in hell then @firedevil@

exactly, i love all my figures but in all honesty how can my army benefit from a guy in a bird suit? Ok ok he can do mt taxes but besides that what can he do? And I must stress again...why so many Snake Eyes and Storm Shadows. Snake Eyes needs to be in this club. We got like 10000 versions of him. There are more versions of Snake Eyes than there are ET games in that landfill in New Mexico. Lets at least give him a life time achievement award.

i think you are forgetting part of the rules, TO HAVE FUN and not to be SERIOUS. I have no problem with these figures but i'm not gonna honor them lol.