Very Dissapointed With Case Boxes

poddie

I have been buying Star Wars for years and know full well given Hasbro distribution around here that the only way I can ever get all the figures (and in good condition) is to either buy cases online (EE, BBTS) or pay through the nose on eBay. I hate buying from eBay soooo...

I have ordered cases of all the new 25th anniversary Joes so far. EE (finally!) just shipped my wave 1 (yes, wave 1!) to me and I am EXTREMELY disappointed.

Who the heck at Hasbro measured to figure out what size box these need to ship in??? They undermeasured and the result is every single figure in wave one is on a mangled card. WTF???

I always want two, one to open and one to keep MOC. I am willing to accept some scratches or an occasional bent corner, but due to this improper packaging I don't have a single figure with a card that isn't creased on both sides and in a generally crappy looking package. I have seen 4 or 5 Joes in stores (which is pretty pathetic in and of itself) and they were in much better condition. Did I just get an old case? Are waves 2 and 3 shipping in bigger boxes?

So now I don't know if I should just cancel all my other case preorders or what... I really love the figures, but frankly I am compulsive and want a set that is in good condition as well.

This is just incredibly frustrating.

I have been buying Star Wars for years and know full well given Hasbro distribution around here that the only way I can ever get all the figures (and in good condition) is to either buy cases online (EE, BBTS) or pay through the nose on eBay. I hate buying from eBay soooo...

I have ordered cases of all the new 25th anniversary Joes so far. EE (finally!) just shipped my wave 1 (yes, wave 1!) to me and I am EXTREMELY disappointed.

Who the heck at Hasbro measured to figure out what size box these need to ship in??? They undermeasured and the result is every single figure in wave one is on a mangled card. WTF???

I always want two, one to open and one to keep MOC. I am willing to accept some scratches or an occasional bent corner, but due to this improper packaging I don't have a single figure with a card that isn't creased on both sides and in a generally crappy looking package. I have seen 4 or 5 Joes in stores (which is pretty pathetic in and of itself) and they were in much better condition. Did I just get an old case? Are waves 2 and 3 shipping in bigger boxes?

So now I don't know if I should just cancel all my other case preorders or what... I really love the figures, but frankly I am compulsive and want a set that is in good condition as well.

This is just incredibly frustrating.

I think it happened in-transit. The case size is actually "just right". My case of Wave 2 I found at Target was actually crushed in one spot from other boxes being stacked on top of it. Otherwise, the cards were just fine except for one or two figures.

Since you just got your Wave 1, what Snake-Eyes did you get?

-Kevin

Hey poddie! (Welcome BTW...) I ordered my Wave 1 through bbts.com, and it was hit or miss; some figures were perfect, others had curled edges and creases. But the size of the box didn't seem to be the issue. I'm like you in that I wouldn't mind a slightly bigger shipping case to ensure more protection. Maybe it's a shipping-cost-cutting maneuver, I don't know.

the problem isn't really the size. All action figures ship in cases that just barely fit them in.

the main problem is the shape/structure of the box. The way that the figures are put in offers no structural integrity. If it opened on the side and was more shaped like a Starwars box, the box would hold up better and the figures wouldn't get smashed up.

I have seen a lot of figures with bent packages and even smashed bubbes... its probably because the cases were smashed by other things piled on top of them.

I am willing to bet that is what happened with your case from EE...

and its odd that you didn't get a black wolf.

Really? I was under the impression they were rarer than 1 out of 3...

I'm irked because of course there are no more Wave 1 cases to order from EE, so my choices are to send the case back and get a refund (and eat the $18 or so shipping) or keep em. The only one I'm really worried about keeping is Flint, as it seems the others are appearing in assortments from Waves 2-5. But $60 for a crappy condition Flint seems a bit much...

It still really seems to me that the Wave 1 box is too small... hoping for more feedback on that, and also hoping that waves 2+ have slightly bigger boxes to combat the problem. My Star Wars figures are rarely damaged from being shoehorned into the case.

Really? I was under the impression they were rarer than 1 out of 3...

I'm irked because of course there are no more Wave 1 cases to order from EE, so my choices are to send the case back and get a refund (and eat the $18 or so shipping) or keep em. The only one I'm really worried about keeping is Flint, as it seems the others are appearing in assortments from Waves 2-5. But $60 for a crappy condition Flint seems a bit much...

It still really seems to me that the Wave 1 box is too small... hoping for more feedback on that, and also hoping that waves 2+ have slightly bigger boxes to combat the problem. My Star Wars figures are rarely damaged from being shoehorned into the case.

It's too bad you didn't post this yesterday. :( I just opened my Flint that was in good condition. If I find one, I'll buy it and let you know..

-Kevin

It's too bad you didn't post this yesterday. :( I just opened my Flint that was in good condition. If I find one, I'll buy it and let you know..

-Kevin

Thanks a bunch Kevin, very nice of you. I was able to sneak in a pre-order for a collector's grade Flint from BBTS... they seem to put them up and take them down every couple days at this point. So hopefully I am taken care of on the Flint front... but hey, if you happen to see a nice non-color changing Zartan in good condition I would love to have it! Just let me know! :)

While on the subject, anyone have any experience with "collector's grade" from BBTS? I have actually never ordered from them before, always used EE. But I like their "pile of loot" functionality...

I am also a bit relieved because Hasbro said in one of the Q&As that they will be shipping Flint in future waves as well.

I also want to say that Entertainment Earth came through big time as well. I notified them of the issue and they are willing to refund my entire purchase amount plus the original shipping, and send a postage paid sticker for the return (because the product arrived damaged). They have also offered to negotiate some kind of discount if I want to keep the figures. The guy on the email was incredibly friendly and I really appreciate it. I think I will take the full refund as I already have openers of everyone except Flint at this point.

Well, the real problem is that if Hasbro made the case more roomy then they would have to pack it with more figures. And God knows it would be a terrible shame to put more than a few Joes on the pegs at any one time, since 3 3/4" Joe doesn't sell.

/sarcasm