Who Is The Best Marvel Legend Figure Ever?

JohnnyRebel

I'd say the best Marvel figure out there is probably the new Conan. I weep that Marvel Toys aren't doing Legends. They are really nailing their new figures.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always love how Storm is never mentioned in threads like these. I'm not just saying this because she's my favorite character or anything. Her sculpt is damn near perfect.

I never even thought of the AXM Wolverine as my favorite at all. I've always hated how he had a swivel waist right in the middle of his belt.

I always love how Storm is never mentioned in threads like these. I'm not just saying this because she's my favorite character or anything. Her sculpt is damn near perfect.

ML8 Storm was a really good sculpt, but is flawed by her SUPER small head and torso....I really don't know how or why Toybiz made her like that.

Probably Deadpool. Juggernut was awesome as well. Brown Custome Wolverine is excellent too.

McFarlane Spidey technically isn't a Marvel Legend even though we say he is since he came from the Classic series.

Face-off Cap is great as well, except for my version has the head down stuck in that position. Face off Hulk was great too.

I have issues with Astonishing Wolvy cuz he's too skinny and his waiste belt buckle. But he's a good figure none the less but he's not perfect!

Great thread!

It's hard to pick one singular favorite, but I agree with a lot of the other choices people have made. ML13 Green Goblin is pretty sweet, as is ML5 Colossus and ML6 Brown Wolverine. Face-Off Captain America would've been perfect if not for his head permanently staring at the ground. I also like the unmasked Daredevil and Cap'n Face-Off figures.

One that I haven't seen mentioned yet is Hulk-Buster Iron Man. I'm quite fond of this one because of its large size and amount of detail, including the tiny little controls inside the flip-up helmet.

As for females, I'd put Warbird slightly ahead of Phoenix.

edit: Oh, and if BAFs count, then I think the Sentinel may be the all-time best Legend. Not just because it's huge, but because of the terrific metallic, weathered paint ops and the staggering detail on those steel-cable "tendons."

Rhino-FF Box set (BEST FIGURE EVER...)

Scorpion-SMC

Thing-FFC Series 1

Bobby Drake-XMC

Juggernaut, Green Goblin, Abomination, Blade, & Destroyer-ML (In no certain order)

My two cents...

best fig ever is beta ray bill, 3-fingered hands down.ultra true to comics source(walt siminson rules) , articulation and scultp are awesome.runner up is ml13 abomination.again great source material-jr jr's art in plastic is fantastic!!!when the source material has good design,the fig should follow.this is my first post ever cuz yall arre finally talking about something positive.by the way, x-men are boring.

ML8 Storm was a really good sculpt, but is flawed by her SUPER small head and torso....I really don't know how or why Toybiz made her like that.

I always read that complaint about her but really don't see it. Her head might be a little small but she's not terribly flawed. I don't mean to take away from your opinion but I think that sculpt is amazing. Storm's the figure that got me into ML.

I always read that complaint about her but really don't see it. Her head might be a little small but she's not terribly flawed. I don't mean to take away from your opinion but I think that sculpt is amazing. Storm's the figure that got me into ML.

As I said she's a really good sculpt, but there is no way her head is even remotely close to being "a little small", it's down right complete out of scale with the rest of the Marvel Legends line (other than a one or two other figures. It doesn't really trouble me, just stating a fact.

Its between the maskless faceoff captain america and deadpool.

And if that Storm prototype by hasbro is any indication of what we are receiving in the future then she can easily be ranked as one of the best as well. But knowing how much hasbro changes figures from the prototype to the final product, I don't think that will happen.

For the females I would have to go with Storm. even though her head and torso are too small, the sculpt is amazing with detail. I didn't like how they did the neck joint on Storm.

I would have gone with phoenix/Dark Phoenix, but I hated the duck feet and the fact the boots were just painted on instead of sculpted on. I also wish that Phoenix's waitline and neck joint were more feminine looking.

For the males:

Mr. Sinister is my favorite- excellent detail! I also think that the Captain America 2 pack is pretty amazing.

If I can only choose one, I think I'd say Face Off Hulk.

If its BAF, its Pitt.

Green Goblin, Brown Wolverine, Juggernaut are all up there as well!

ML6 Juggernaut - The very reason I started buying Marvel Legends. Such an imposing figure, and a great representation of the unstoppable one! I swore off superhero figures after the burnout in the 90's. Juggernaut exposed me to ML's, and pulled me back in! :D

Wow, to single out one specific Marvel Legend as the greatest!?!?!?

I am going to go with the standard version ML-Face Off Captain America (masked) for detail, design, articulation, and all around hotness. Toy Biz went out with a abng with him AND he came with a cool version of Red Skull.

The best build a figure hands down is the Sentinel. He was so tight I had to get two. Bigger than Galactus and even more stable, he comes with those wrap-around cables for grabbing those pesking mutants and is chock full of detail. He puts the old Toy Biz Sentinel from the 90's to complete shame. He is eaasily the standard for other BAF's to achieve. I am surprised I never purchased a third one.

Can I add these two categories?

(Of course I can, LOL!)

Best Villain: The ML-13 Abomination. I loved the Juggernaut, but I have been wanting the Abomination since I missed the Hulk Classics version.

Best Female: a toss-up between ML-8 Storm and ML-15 Wasp (red costume variant).