Who Is The Best Marvel Legend Figure Ever?

JohnnyRebel

Who is your favorite Marvel Legends figure ever made? It could just be who is you favorite Marvel character regardless of the figure being a good representation or not. It could be who you think is the most well made figure regardless of you liking the character or not. Or as in my case a combination of the two. My favorite figure is series 6 Wolverine! While I do like Wolverine he is not my favorite Marvel character but that brown and tan costume represents his first ongoing solo run and also when Jim Less first drew him (in my opinion the best period in the character's history). Plus the figure is basically perfect (albeit slightly too tall)

While I like Captain America and Iron Man better then Wolverine their figures, while being very good, fall for short of Wolverine's perfection.

Try to limit your favorite figure to just one choice only.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Astonishing X-Men Wolverine.

No question. I don't think any other Marvel Legend figure has captured the art in which the figure comes from as perfectly as that Wolverine does.

close runners up: Phoenix, Spiderwoman, Havok, Asgardian, Wasp (red costume variant), Bullseye, Dr. Strange, Ms Marvel and Vision.

I LOVE face-off Hulk. Everything about him was perfect except for the extra figure that was packed in with him and promptly tossed into my box of discards. Who was it? The Ladder? The Ledger?

I'm also a fan of ML6 Juggernaut, #$#@#. Gorilla arms included.

Maestro for me. I'm a huge Hulk fan, and although there's a ton of awesome Hulk figs made, none impress me more than the evil ruler of the future. @hulkhead@

I'm gonna go w/ the 2 "Onslaught Series" Green Goblins. The normal figure's sculpt perfectly captures the madness and menace of the Green Goblin (He looks like he's ready to take down my 1st appearance Spider-Man @Spidey@ ...Permanently!). He also looks like he just flew out of a John Romita Sr. comic book (One of my favorite Spidey artists).

The chase figure looks like he's straight from that scene where he unmasks himself to Peter Parker in Amazing Spider-Man #39-40 @Spidey@ , one of my all time favorite Green Goblin moments. That's probably why he's my favorite chase figure. To me, these figures are just flawless.

overall for me i'd have to say:

Face off Captain America

Modern Armor Iron Man

F4 classics Super Skrull (normal, not the translucents)

Iron Fist

Red outfit Wasp

Vision

Hawkeye

Deadpool

Cable (accessories sucked though, mine now has Bishops big rifle)

Ms. Marvel

Kitty Pryde (could have been better, but was psyched to have a kitty figure)

dark phoenix she has one of the best head sculpts for a female and she was to me the best variant.my second fav is the phoenix in the green outfit pretty self explanatory.

ML 10 Sentinel. By far. The detail, the texture, the size. It was what every build a fig should be.

But if we're staying with standard figures, Astonishing Wolverine. Again, flawless sculpt, amazing paint apps, and the second best artist based figure.

I'm done with collecting comics ages ago, but when I was shopping one time at a WalMart store in the Fall of 2006, I came across the Marvel Face Off Hulk two pack and I said this has got to be an awesome collectible that I can display at my shelf. It had really awesome detail and I said to myself, these things aren't kiddie looking stuff anymore, I gotta have it !! I found myself back in to collecting stuff because of the superior sculpts that ML turned out to be. Since then I have become addicted, being in my mid-40's. But I only go for the nice ones and hard to gets - like the McFarlane Spidey, Metallic Scorpion and all those that are truly faithful to the comic version. Next up for me is either Dragon Man or ML 13 Green Goblin!