Cover Girl Custom - 25th Style!!!

KamenDreda

Well I typically stay away from full on Joe customs but after the Hasbro guys said "Don't hold your breath" when I asked if we might expect a Cover Girl any time soon, I knew I had to try it. CG is one of my all time favorites (in my top 5) so I gave it a go... She is made up of the Comic pack CG Head, Lower arms, boots and Jacket with a 25th Lady Jay everything else. I couldn't be happier with how she turned out. Here she is!

CoverGirl002.jpg

CoverGirl005.jpg

CoverGirl007.jpg

CoverGirl006.jpg

CoverGirl008.jpg

Masterful work! Gives the lady more sex appeal than a straight-up redo of her 1983 figure, which only makes sense given her modeling background!

It's amazing how ape-like the Comic-pack Courtney looks, and how many times (exponentially, really) better they look on this new body type. I am in awe!

Kudos, again and again! You did an amazing job here... as always!

Really nice work.

I like that shot of her standing next to the new sculpt version (your custom looks like a giant).

LOL... Yeah.. My CG is a teeny bit closer to the camera in that shot so she does look huge! And I did purposely make MY CG a good bit taller than LJ. Courtney is a former fashion model after all and runway models are typically pretty tall.

Looks great KD!! Trully could be a production piece. I am pleased with my CG fitting in with the 25th figs or was............ now I may just hav eto do this!! that is if, I can ever find wave 2! lol Plenty of wave 1 and 3 for me, but no 2 so far.

Draven

How does she compare to the 25th men, out of curiosity?

Oh, and what did you use to build up the neck ball, as my comic pack CG head is wobbly-loose on an LJ neckball.

Thank, and great custom!

Excellent work KD, very cool. I may have to steal your recipe.

How does she compare to the 25th men, out of curiosity?

Oh, and what did you use to build up the neck ball, as my comic pack CG head is wobbly-loose on an LJ neckball.

She is just a hair shorter than Duke. Which makes her a bit taller than Stalker and Snake Eyes. Yeah wshe is a tall figure but again... she was a fashion Model and they have a tendency to be tall. I could have easily made her shorter but I wanted her to be tall.

I used Milliput in side the head. That and a couple coats of pait on the ball joint make the head stay on just fine.

Excellent work KD, very cool. I may have to steal your recipe.

Steal away!Imitation is the highest form of flattery!

I've been planning this exact custom since I saw Lady J, however I was planning on using Scarlett legs. Which brings me to my question, what did you do to the lower legs? I can see you used the comic pack boots, but did you afix them to the Lady J lower legs, or did you modify the whole original leg piece to make it work. I would assume the Lady J ones, but the folds in the pants make me think you used the original leg.

BTW Great Custom, It looks fantastic, much better than it looked in my head. Congrats on an amazing figure...

So question for you all. If I were to offer to do this figure for commissions... how many of you would be interested and what would you be willing to pay. I'm think I might be able to wip up about 10 of the bad boys... er... bad girls and offer up my services. Any takers?