TRU Exclusive GIJoe 25th Anniversary Troop Builder 5-Packs

The Wire

Yep, I will pass on these as well. Hasbro is trying to repackage existing product before they even get the line in full gear. I guess peoples attention spans are getting a lot shorter, and they are trying to make more money. I don't get why they wouldn't do 5 red ninjas and 4 cobra troopers and one officer in the normal colours. They gotta throw a snake eyes in there to ruin that pack or make ugly night watch style colours to ruin the troopers and officer. Stupid Hasbro...two steps forward one step back I suppose....

I don't know maybe when TRU was picking out exclusives they wanted something with a unique deco. I'm actually looking foward to these and will gladly take any extra Snake Eyes off the hands of Red Ninja Army builders.

and will gladly take any extra Snake Eyes off the hands of Red Ninja Army builders.

uh.. Me too Just PM me when you have one you would like to sell.

Thanks

Andrew

I actually like the Cobra pack. I like how urban camo looks on them. I'm probably gonna pick one up.

I don't know if Toys R Us chose these or if Hasbro thought of it, but I would think someone would let them know that collectors would rather have 4 regular troops and an officer or 5 regular troops painted in their normal outfits. I can see re-deco figures later, but only after a regular troop builder pack was done. People are paying upwards of $40 and $50 on eBay for multiple troop and officer lots (4, 5, or 6 figures); Hasbro and/or Toys R Us need to recognize something like that and react accordingly.

I will reserve judgment until i see the real deal. Prototypes can be iffy.

Yeah, especially these. The Red Ninjas are clearly Storm Shadows painted red (you can still see white where they missed spots). I would guess the final product will be actual Red Ninja figures, not SS.

I first heard about the cameo Cobra I didn't have any interest, but seeing them makes me want them. Hasbro must have me hypnotized or something. I'll probably pick up two sets of each, though I have no use for a green pants Snake-Eyes. Custom fodder, I guess.

I'll PASS on both.... They could have sold a "gazillion" of these 5-packs if they would have kept them as normal cobra soldiers and 1 normal colored officer.

That red ninja/snake eyes 5-pack is a waste for me... I never was into that whole ninja army thing anyway!

I'll PASS on both.... They could have sold a "gazillion" of these 5-packs if they would have kept them as normal cobra soldiers and 1 normal colored officer.

That red ninja/snake eyes 5-pack is a waste for me... I never was into that whole ninja army thing anyway!

heh heh heh.....another Cobra 5 pack for me. @smilepunch@

Sorry...just being a smartass. This thread my carry on.......

I may buy 1 of each. I'm not army building 25th ann figs. I just dont want to have 2 different armies and $ has suddenly become an issue. So if these things are around when I get $ then I'll get them. I hate the Snake Eyes though. Why is he in the set? Makes no sense just like hasbro threw Firefly in all the VvV 6 packs.

I may buy 1 of each. I'm not army building 25th ann figs. I just dont want to have 2 different armies and $ has suddenly become an issue. So if these things are around when I get $ then I'll get them. I hate the Snake Eyes though. Why is he in the set? Makes no sense just like hasbro threw Firefly in all the VvV 6 packs.

Speaking of Firefly, they should have thrown him in here instead of Snake Eyes as his ninja version from the original comics (issue 126) when he was leader of the Red Ninjas. It'd take some re-tooling, but it would make just a little more sense than Snake Eyes as he was originally supposed to look back in 1982 or something.

Speaking of Firefly, they should have thrown him in here instead of Snake Eyes as his ninja version from the original comics (issue 126) when he was leader of the Red Ninjas. It'd take some re-tooling, but it would make just a little more sense than Snake Eyes as he was originally supposed to look back in 1982 or something.

Hell, they shoulda put ANY other character in there! @firedevil@

personally, I dislike both sets immensly. well, not actually... but the fact that they chose these sets instead of what they could have (should have) given us makes me hate them.

I hate the Ninja army idea... always have. Snake Eyes is kinda boring for me too.

As for the Cobra Troopers. I never liked the Troopers that much compared to Vipers or Viper sub groups... so I would hate to build an army of Troopers when I know they will give us Vipers later. However, if these were normal Troopers, I would still grab a couple sets to make a small squadron of them.

now, as they have that funky camo outfit, I don't want them at all. Make them blue, and I will buy some of them. HOWEVER, I am somewhat interested in what they would look like all black.. so I may grab a set and remove that crappy camo paint from them... and thus have all black Troopers.

personally, I dislike both sets immensly. well, not actually... but the fact that they chose these sets instead of what they could have (should have) given us makes me hate them.

I hate the Ninja army idea... always have. Snake Eyes is kinda boring for me too.

As for the Cobra Troopers. I never liked the Troopers that much compared to Vipers or Viper sub groups... so I would hate to build an army of Troopers when I know they will give us Vipers later. However, if these were normal Troopers, I would still grab a couple sets to make a small squadron of them.

now, as they have that funky camo outfit, I don't want them at all. Make them blue, and I will buy some of them. HOWEVER, I am somewhat interested in what they would look like all black.. so I may grab a set and remove that crappy camo paint from them... and thus have all black Troopers.

It's actually because of these sets that instead ofhaving 5-of-each army builder, I'm going to have three or four. Four Red Ninjas in the set. Three troopers, one officer, one commander (or something like that?) in the Night Watch set. Really not sure what way to go as far as three or four. If I do three, I'll have a lone Red Ninja-person to sell off (along with that SE).

-Kevin

I like the all black troopers idea that would look cool with a Silver or Red mask as commander. As for the camo I like it, partly b/c it is different and partly b/c there are now 5 different Troop/Officers in Blue.

The Ninjas are cool with me but the "Commander" ninja doesn't look all that great in Grey/Red. I think Black would look better or maybe some added stripes or something.

As for Vipers. I am thinking those will come out next year sometime as the 25th line is flooding us with troopers and will need a replacement for those in 2008. Come 2008 the floodgates on multi-colored Vipers will occur.