25th Ann. Yeah and so...

MaceWinduPreview

I gotta say, I am browsing, I click on my favs and come to TNI, there are like 5 bulletins about GI Joe 25th, but I am thinking, yeah so... I can't get them, I mean, Wave 3 is out and the only wave to make an appearance within 30 miles of me is Wave 1, I got lucky and found Stalker at Target, but now they have nothing b/c they are re-setting and when I call, nothing, Walmart, lots of Wave 1 5 packs, good custom fodder, but other then that. nothing... K Mart. nothing, Toys R Us ... nothing... I even pre-ordered from BBTS, still nothing, no shipping no nothing, I am coming up empty, Finally I had enough and spent $35 with shipping for Buzzer, Firefly and Serpentor on Ebay. Thats over $10 a fig with shipping, I got tired of waiting and just bought them,

My thing is, why is Hasbro so miserably horribly crappy about distribution, I see others getting them out west and down souith, but here in the lower NY. nothing...

Come on Hasbro.

Hasbrotoyshop had them for like 5 mins but the scumbag dirtworm scalpers cleaned them out...

does anyone else have these feelings of, well, they keep releasing new stuff but I cant find it, so I dont care

Even with Star WArs, nothing..

Hasbro is not doing well with distribution in my area....

Ugh... I am done ranting.

Ren started this thread about a week or so ago. I hope this doesn't get locked.

And I don't think I've ever blamed distribution when I can't find something. The fact of the matter is your impatience caused you to overpay. Because you overpayed, you're sending a message of "It's okay, go buy them and keep selling them to me on e-bay." (Or you bought it at TRU and overpayed regardless.) The idea that a scalper beat you to it's also ludicrous.

I do also have the feeling of "They're releasing it, and I can't find it, so I don't care." I don't care that other people are able to find it. I will eventually find it.

-Kevin

Hey Admiral, we're just airing our frustrations with our board brothers, a lot of us have had or currently are having a hard time finding them. We're just sharing our grief and looking for a scapegoat. Distribution seems like the most likely culprit, so we'll point our fingers that direction. It seems to me that your made it a personal mission to Tsk Tsk frustration board members. I hate flame wars, and I noticed your dig towards me in the previous thread, but I won't resort to that level. We're all frustrated, it's not a matter of being patient or impatient. It appears to me wave two is gone the way of the do-do. There was a week and a half period were it was scarce, but available. No one's seen them on shelves for about a month now. So judging by everyone's reporting on the boards, if you didn't get wave 2 in that time period, you're SOL.

Wave 3's a little better, I finally a couple wave 3 figures today, and I can't wait to open up Zartan.

Honestly, I was surprised with the five bulletins regarding 25th Anniversary stuff. This is stuff that's not even out for at least three months (if we're lucky). I, too, feel the frustration of seeing all these great 25th Joes goodies and not finding them at retailers. This in no way has to do with Hasbro's distribution. The demand was/is way more than Hasbro expected (especially with scalpers @pow@ ), I do remember Hasbro saying at Joe-Con that waves 1-3 were being re-released in large quantites, hopefully by the holiday season. I had a thread not to long ago about buying from scalpers, but it's a never ending battle. I gave up going to stores and coming up empty-handed on a daily basis. Now I just save money I'm not wasting on gas and saving up for when the day I can walk in to a store and get my figures with no problem. Hey it's America I can dream #US1# .

Honestly, I was surprised with the five bulletins regarding 25th Anniversary stuff. This is stuff that's not even out for at least three months (if we're lucky). I, too, feel the frustration of seeing all these great 25th Joes goodies and not finding them at retailers. This in no way has to do with Hasbro's distribution. The demand was/is way more than Hasbro expected (especially with scalpers @pow@ ), I do remember Hasbro saying at Joe-Con that waves 1-3 were being re-released in large quantites, hopefully by the holiday season. I had a thread not to long ago about buying from scalpers, but it's a never ending battle. I gave up going to stores and coming up empty-handed on a daily basis. Now I just save money I'm not wasting on gas and saving up for when the day I can walk in to a store and get my figures with no problem. Hey it's America I can dream #US1# .

This is pretty much what I was eluding to Ren. My "dig" at you would most likely be MY frustration over you people (folks that blame scalpers, distribution, etc, etc for Joes not being on the pegs instead of saying 'Wow, they must be selling well.') getting upset that you can't get your instant gratification.

And I have made it my personal mission to call all of those people out on it. It's a really infantile way of taking out your frustrations. While I applaud you for putting it into words, and hopefully it makes you feel better, I do not condone it in one bit. I've been posting here about as long as you have and have kept my peace when this same discussion came up about VvV Wave 6.

And I've seen 25th Joes TWICE. Not even left overs on pegs, just twice. Both times I got lucky. Two cases of Wave 1 were recently put out that day, and then I found a case of Wave 2. I got my second set of Wave 2 from a board member here. So, it's not as if I don't know what you impatient people are going through.

-Kevin

I didnt send any message to scalpers, I simply realized there was a chance that I would miss these figures, like the Bazooka/Torch wave, thats all

I didnt send any message to scalpers, I simply realized there was a chance that I would miss these figures, like the Bazooka/Torch wave, thats all

Same here. I had to go online. Luckily I got a sweet deal on several Bazooka/Torch and Frostbite/Snow Serpent from Canada.

And I have made it my personal mission to call all of those people out on it. It's a really infantile way of taking out your frustrations.

As opposed to your mature method of calling out people who disagree with you simply because they disagree, right?

What are you, our "wise" older brother who's only a year older but somehow knows it all?

"Anyone who reacts or responds differently than I do is wrong!" "I know everything! You'd do well to listen to what I say and do what I tell you!" Give me a break. People are allowed to be upset. People are allowed to not care. People are allowed to vent their frustrations however they see fit.

I've found these figures multiple times at multiple stores, so I fully understand why people are upset they can't find them at all.

And I have made it my personal mission to call all of those people out on it. It's a really infantile way of taking out your frustrations.

As opposed to your mature method of calling out people who disagree with you simply because they disagree, right?

What are you, our "wise" older brother who's only a year older but somehow knows it all?

"Anyone who reacts or responds differently than I do is wrong!" "I know everything! You'd do well to listen to what I say and do what I tell you!" Give me a break. People are allowed to be upset. People are allowed to not care. People are allowed to vent their frustrations however they see fit.

I've found these figures multiple times at multiple stores, so I fully understand why people are upset they can't find them at all.

Have you missed the four or five other threads blaming Hasbro's distribution for them not being able to find their toys?

And nowhere in my statement did I say that doing what something different from me is wrong. I stated that the use of blaming Hasbro for making (I assume not enough of) a popular product that flies off the shelf. You're post whining about the E-bay prices here isn't helping you much either. You didn't directly state it, but you're calling people scalpers for seeing a good deal and being able to act on it.

As far as "venting how they see fit" if you had bothered to read the rest of that paragraph you'd see that I said that, in different words. You are allowed to roll your eyes at my posts, and I'm allowed to enjoy at your circular argument. If you want to think of me as the older brother (when I am probably younger than you), go right ahead. It'll make you ignoring my posts easier.

Your last sentence contradicts itself unless your meaning is "They're all here, so I understand why no one else seems them." (Product run sizes alone prove that point wrong.)

-Kevin

sorry im with Kev, location and distribution play a part, i know i will read somewhere the newest wave of

______ is all over the place, and i might not find mine for 2 months!, but i wait, becuase if it was somthing i wanted Soooooo bad, i would have already bought it online to seal the deal.

however nothing out right now is somthing i Need, so i just wait untill i see one on the shelf any buy one.. or two or three. the Scalper angle is so bloody used up and annoying. its not Scalpers! its honest enthusiasts getting to the store before you because they obviosuly want it more then you,and are willing to go the extra mile to find it. The again if no of you are complaining to a manager that can order these, then they never know its that wanted. I got a Walmart to go from ordering one case each time, to Four cases each time, they got four boxes of wave2, and those were gone in three days.

be proactive to get what you want, complaining without doing anything is mindless waste.

Have you missed the four or five other threads blaming Hasbro's distribution for them not being able to find their toys?

And nowhere in my statement did I say that doing what something different from me is wrong. I stated that the use of blaming Hasbro for making (I assume not enough of) a popular product that flies off the shelf. You're post whining about the E-bay prices here isn't helping you much either. You didn't directly state it, but you're calling people scalpers for seeing a good deal and being able to act on it.

As far as "venting how they see fit" if you had bothered to read the rest of that paragraph you'd see that I said that, in different words. You are allowed to roll your eyes at my posts, and I'm allowed to enjoy at your circular argument. If you want to think of me as the older brother (when I am probably younger than you), go right ahead. It'll make you ignoring my posts easier.

Your last sentence contradicts itself unless your meaning is "They're all here, so I understand why no one else seems them." (Product run sizes alone prove that point wrong.)

-Kevin

I realize I made a mistake responding to you. You're one of those who likes to read what isn't there between the lines.

I've made one post about eBay here, and that wasn't whining. I was making a point that it's stupid to put something up for auction with a high price and high shipping when there are hundreds of figures on the Bay that have reasonable starting prices and shipping. I don't care if people waste their time and money posting something for auction that's never going to get any bids. I'm not there to bid anyway, as I find everything at retail with little problem. I don't have problems selling, though, and my shipping and starting bids are low.

As for the scalper thing, it's clear you have a complex about "scalpers" and their practices. You seem eager to jump to their defense, so much so that you're accusing others of ripping scalpers when they have nothing to do with the topic at hand.

And what I meant with my last sentence was that I've found almost everything at retail, but I realize a lot of people can't find anything because of one reason or another, so I understand their frustration. Although my situation is different than theirs, I'm not indifferent to their feelings.

I sell on ebay , but for me it is because I have to, I need the cash so I am getting rid of some of my collection to make room and to buy the new joe and star wars stuff. But I try to give a low starting price when I can and I rarely buy to sell, almost never

I think Hasbro is getting them out as fast as they can, which explains the sloppy paint apps on wave 3 and the Legion pack. Plus on other boards, it's been mentioned Hasbro has started shipping the figures by Air Express, which may explain by wave 2&3 hit back to back, so soon.

actually.. for once, I believe that the problem is Hasbro's distribution that is the cause of everything here. (or the stores are not ordering them, which I find hard to believe).

There simply is very, VERY, little product around here. I have never had a problem finding anything I want from any toyline. I hunt regularely, I keep track of how much stock each store has on hand, and has on order. The stores just are not getting Hasbro products in very much.

Out of 20 or so Targets in my area, maybe 2 cases of GiJoe hit per week (not at each store, 2 cases slit between all of them).

We have about 10 Walmarts that feature empty GiJoe pegs. One store seems to be getting 6-8 cases at a time every few weeks.. but that is it. The other stores don't get much, if any.

TRU has had a drought for about a month, and each store (4 stores) are now getting 1 case of Wave 2.

KB stores got like 1 case of series 1, and now they are getting 1-2 cases of Series 3.

Kmart (2 stores) have nothing.

Unless these stores are not ordering product, Hasbro's distribution is to blame... and I find it hard to believe that these stores are not ordering a product that sells out in a day or so when it is stocked.

furthermore, I have seen other Hasbro products being shorted all over. Marvel Legends wave 2 was sparce for a lont time. Star Wars is having a difficult time getting new items to the shelves... and Transformers was the worst. For a few months I saw that most stores had completely empty Transformers Movie sections. It was odd that these stores had given the most space to Transformers Movie items, and the pegs were bare because no product was being shipped to them. Instead, Hasbro shipped OLD items to take their place (Legends, Alternators, Universe, etc)... now they are catching up though, and I have seen TONS of Transformers stuff come in these past couple weeks.

so yeah.. I know that I am not being beat out allover town for GiJoe stuff.... they just aren't being stocked very much.

(despite that, I have managed to get 2 or more of everything, but I don't think many others in my town have been as lucky)

for me its so frustrating to go to the store every day or call and there are NO GI Joe figures, its like Hasbro is only sending to places that are buddies or something, I dont get it, I mean, I live in NY, 1 hour north of NYC, a big place, heavily populated and nothing, nothing within 40 miles of me, its crazy, then I see all the great set ups and pics that other guys are putting up and I get a little jealous and pissed, not at the guys getting them, but at the stores and hasbro, and in my area , its not really scalpers b/c the managers at the stores tell me that they are not even getting the stuff, so you wait and wait and wait and nothing, then you give up and just get a couple off ebay , you suck it up and say, well, I remember VvV and how the Bazooka wave came and went and I didnt see it anywhere and I think the same thing could happen here with the 25th stuff.

Hasbro at one point put GI Joe on Hiatus b/c nobody was buying them, then they make these incrediible 25th ann. stuff and they arent shipping them everywhere, only certain places are getting them and everyone else is scratching thier heads trying to figure out where to find then, so I spend my toy money elsewhere...

but I cannot even spend it elsewhere b/c the star wars 30th stuff isnt showing up anywhere either, WHAT THE $%$^ Hasbro, you are slacking on distibution and the people that want what you have cannot get them.......

I blame the stores. Retailers were wary of GI Joe product becasue of the sub par sales of the J vs C, SPytroops, and V vs V. When the 25 line came about, stores weren't gonna get stuck with over ordering and then have the stuff sit and go to clearance. But once the figures started becoming popular, stores were already behind the 8-ball and now they're playing catch up. Hasbro said in the last Q & A, stores didnt order as much initially and now they're playing catch up too. Hasbro Toyshop, places orders just like other stores and they too underestimated the demand for these figures.

Hasbrotoyshop had them for like 5 mins but the scumbag dirtworm scalpers cleaned them out...

I think you are way off base here and really couldn't be any more wrong.

When the figures got posted online at HTS I bought about 3 of each except the Troops of which I bought 6. All the troops and at least one of the others will go on display the rest I use for customs. The figures were there for quite a bit. I then, out of the kindness of my heart and for the other "brothers" on the board posted here, on TNI only, that they were available. Within about 10 minutes people started buying like mad and the figures sold out quickly. So if you are calling anyone "scumbag dirtworm scalpers" then you are most likely calling the people who read the board here those names. As such, I guess by that logic you should never post of point any stores out here that are selling the figures as it will only enable the "scumbags". More than likely HTS had a limited stock and when I posted it here the folks reading went and bought their figures.

Don't blame us for you not getting your chance to buy at HTS. You'd be better off not reading the posts here then as you won't feel so hurt next time. Blaming "scalpers" on the HTS shortage is like blaming the Steelers for the Patriots decimating the Dolphins today. Sense make not does it.

As for the stores I have been all over my area near Philly and all over DC during the work week and nothing. I still cant blame scalpers.

When the figures got posted online at HTS I bought about 3 of each except the Troops of which I bought 6. All the troops and at least one of the others will go on display the rest I use for customs. The figures were there for quite a bit. I then, out of the kindness of my heart and for the other "brothers" on the board posted here, on TNI only, that they were available. Within about 10 minutes people started buying like mad and the figures sold out quickly. So if you are calling anyone "scumbag dirtworm scalpers" then you are most likely calling the people who read the board here those names. As such, I guess by that logic you should never post of point any stores out here that are selling the figures as it will only enable the "scumbags". More than likely HTS had a limited stock and when I posted it here the folks reading went and bought their figures.

Don't blame us for you not getting your chance to buy at HTS. You'd be better off not reading the posts here then as you won't feel so hurt next time. Blaming "scalpers" on the HTS shortage is like blaming the Steelers for the Patriots decimating the Dolphins today. Sense make not does it.

As for the stores I have been all over my area near Philly and all over DC during the work week and nothing. I still cant blame scalpers.

let me correct myself, it was the SCUMBAG SCALPERS and the pain in the a$$ hoarders who make it tough for other collectors to find anything.... better?

I still havent found wave 1... seriously I look every day at all times of the night and day. Im out driving my daughter at 3am, I stop at wal mart. Ive been to toys r us, kmart, targetsx2, walmartsx4.

NO FREAKING WAVE 1!!!!!!!

I've found like 2 figures. Thats it. 2 figures. Five packs are easy to find. and I know they arent selling out because wal mart puts those little stickers... out saying they ordered more... and 3 weeks later the same sticker is there.. I remember on like the 7th, one said expected arrival oct 14th. That same sticker is still there........ its the 21st. So don't tell me distribution isnt a problem.

I'm not taking sides here, but...if anyone is to blame, at least in MY situation, it's me. Although I've looked all over creation for the 25th Anniversary Joes (and yes, I'll admit to getting slightly frustrated), I've had a couple of opportunities to preorder them through bbts.com, and I didn't. I was in a weird mood and ordered some crappy Robocop toys from them when I could have preordered Joes. *sigh* And now I'm really wanting them...badly. So it's my own fault. Are scalpers scooping them all up? Maybe. Are enthusiasts getting some? Most definitely. Is Hasbro dropping the ball with distribution? Again, maybe. And it's easy to point finguers and blame scalpers, stock-people, etc. when you can't find something you want because you know that element is out there. Heck, I've been tempted to blame them myself. But I've also tried to remind myself how this is the best Joe product Hasbro has put out since 1985 and EVERYBODY wants it.

It would stand to reason that if something is selling out and is in demand for WHATEVER reason, that means Hasbro will more than likely start making up for the shortage later. So scalpers that bought all of the initial shipments will be happy, those that can't wait and buy from them will be happy, and those of us who waited (and/or snoozed) will eventually be happy. It's a win/win/win situation. (lol)

Just my own observations and two cents on the issue being discussed here, and I'd have to admit to having the same feelings of frustration about the empty pegs I see everywhere. That is, everywhere a 25th G.I.Joe toy is SUPPOSE to be hanging....but isn't. @grumpy@

Part of the hobbies enjoyment (for me) is the hunt as much as it is the eventual capture and hoarding of my very own little G.I.Joe collection.

Maybe it's not so much the "hunt" either, as it is the idea of eventually having a little (or LOT) of extra cash to spend of catching up with the line, and going out and FINDING the stuff when we're able to GET IT finally. "Hunting" might be better described as the search for the STORE that happens to have the mother load waiting on us, than it is the TOYS themselves.

Toy collecting isn't exactly the same as going on a fishing trip, where being outdoors and enjoying the relaxing atmosphere of a beautiful lake is part of the enjoyment to be had while trying to catch a big lunker of a Bass or some fish, whether you catch one or not. I hardly enjoy the view and atmosphere of a Walmart stores TOY isle or any toy isle elsewhere for that matter, on the same level as the above scenario I described associated with fishing, enough to come away empty handed time and time and TIME again. ;)

I've seen lots of labels for the 25th line, but NOTHING of the actual toys, and that's pretty damn sad. "Where there's a will, there's a way" I guess, but this is just plain ridiculous, and I'd prefer to just hop in the truck and take a drive up to the local TRU or popular retail chain store within a certain mile (or so) radious of home, and find them for myself, before resorting to online or ebay options, so YEAH....I'm a little irritated with the current pathetic state of trying to FIND 25th toys at retail right now. I don't give a rats ass about the reasons for it, or who's to blame and WHY.....it SUCKS no matter how you slice and dice and attempt to make excuses for it.

Hell, I'm not in a position to buy anything right now, even if I WOULD find it, but I still like to LOOK, and at least SEEING the stuff can be exciting sometimes, but that's not even happening right now. :(

let me correct myself, it was the SCUMBAG SCALPERS and the pain in the a$$ hoarders who make it tough for other collectors to find anything.... better?

Touche'

You still ain't getting jack though. And here I was about to offer some of my extras.