GIJoe 25th Anniversary Comic 2-Packs: Wave 1

The Wire

The Hawk is decent, but they should have given him flesh hands instead of gloved hands. And the facial sculpt doesn't really look like Hawk from the early comics.

I don't really understand why Snake Eyes has silver goggles. I like the black gear with the blue figure, though. And I like the all-white Storm Shadow, though I'm not big on the blue gear (I'm sure they did it to be even more different than the box set version).

I was almost thinking a duke-hawk headswitch might be in order. My biggest gripe about the duke figure was that his face wasn't battle-worn enough. That and early on, duke didn't have a flat-top, he had a butch-cut. Hawk on the other hand, early on, didn't seem quite as worn as duke and did have a flat-top. I like Hawk's head a lot, and to me, Hawk is THE leader of the G.I. Joe team. However, I think both Duke's and Hawk's heads fit the character Hawk about the same with both having their own strengths and weaknesses. On the other hand, the Hawk head is perfect for Duke in my opinion.

What's worse is you need 6 proofs of purchase from the comic packs to get Doc. I guess Hasbro is counting on the desire being so great for Doc that collectors like ourselves will buy 6 re-hash, unoriginal comic packs just to get him. I know I won't be doing that. I'll just hope that Doc is still available after the next comic packs are released.

whatever, they will single pack doc in a later wave anyway. Its hasbro we are talking about. I would rather wait. I have been totally gung ho about this line and loving it up. Now I understand what some of you collectors are saying about hasbro finding a way to ruin a good thing. They should just do 5 figures every 3-4 months and be done. maybe throw in a vehicle every wave and be cool. But no, they gotta do a subpar trooper back when all you army builders out there would be happier than pigs in S*ht with a regular trooper 5 pack, in the nice blue colour. I love all the single packs thus far and will support, but the comic packs and multipacks are poor....At the least the other comic packs chose better characters in a better comic pack colour scheme...for the most part..

whatever, they will single pack doc in a later wave anyway. Its hasbro we are talking about. I would rather wait. I have been totally gung ho about this line and loving it up. Now I understand what some of you collectors are saying about hasbro finding a way to ruin a good thing. They should just do 5 figures every 3-4 months and be done. maybe throw in a vehicle every wave and be cool. But no, they gotta do a subpar trooper back when all you army builders out there would be happier than pigs in S*ht with a regular trooper 5 pack, in the nice blue colour. I love all the single packs thus far and will support, but the comic packs and multipacks are poor....At the least the other comic packs chose better characters in a better comic pack colour scheme...for the most part..

Comic packs: Previous comic packs you got three figures, now you get two.

5 packs: Us army builders aren't so picky that we won't pick up this camo pattern. No army is exactly the same. I for one wouldn't be happy if they released the same thing as the Cobra box set 1 Trooper, and the Officer from Wave 1. It would mean that the time I spent trying to get extra would be moot.

Single-packed Doc: Because Starduster was single packed. As was the Fridge. And let's not forget Faces as a CG.

-Kevin

Looks like I won't be able to get that Doc, which is too bad because I really like want it. There's no way I'm buying the comic packs other than Hawk though. I like the realistic color scheme and just have no use for those brightly colored figures.

Well comic packs for me have always been something you display in the package. There have only been a few, even with the old ones where I had to buy an extra one to open, so these look fine to display. I just hope you can send a photocopy of the reciept as a POP or something for DOC.

5 packs: Us army builders aren't so picky that we won't pick up this camo pattern. No army is exactly the same. I for one wouldn't be happy if they released the same thing as the Cobra box set 1 Trooper, and the Officer from Wave 1. It would mean that the time I spent trying to get extra would be moot.

Single-packed Doc: Because Starduster was single packed. As was the Fridge. And let's not forget Faces as a CG.

-Kevin

wow! you would be the only one that doesn't want a regular army builder. I do agree with you that not all troops are the same, but let them make some regular troopers first, or even some bats, or vipers....

-Kevin

wow! you would be the only one that doesn't want a regular army builder. I do agree with you that not all troops are the same, but let them make some regular troopers first, or even some bats, or vipers....

Let me rephrase what I said then. Rereading it now I made a mistake... "If they had not released the trooper and officer already, I would have loved to see a five-pack of them. But since they have, I do not want one." I also always felt the five-packs were geared more towards Army Builders than "regular folk"

-Kevin

Well as always I will be getting one of each, these packs should be like the old comic packs where hopefully I can take them out of the package but be able to put them back in there to display them if I want to. Ohh and plus I can get a Doc ;)