25th Pegs Disappearing??

RobbieDigital

I went to Target last nite on a toy and food run.....stopped by the toy section hoping to find some 25th Goodness....only to find that there are now only 2 pegs for 25th Joe stuff where there used to be 4.....and the Fake GI Joe Army guys have taken over. I mean I got the last of wave 3 there about 2 weeks ago......but this doens't look like they are "fixing" distrubution problems???

I went to Target last nite on a toy and food run.....stopped by the toy section hoping to find some 25th Goodness....only to find that there are now only 2 pegs for 25th Joe stuff where there used to be 4.....and the Fake GI Joe Army guys have taken over. I mean I got the last of wave 3 there about 2 weeks ago......but this doens't look like they are "fixing" distrubution problems???

I think it was more along the lines of "We're only getting one case at a time until we're doing the Black Friday reset, why waste pegs?" (At least that's how my store's are looking, whether they believe it or not.)

-Kevin

I think it was more along the lines of "We're only getting one case at a time until we're doing the Black Friday reset, why waste pegs?" (At least that's how my store's are looking, whether they believe it or not.)

-Kevin

Do you know when the Black Friday reset is due to take place??? Just curious.........Plus the Wal-mart by me still has no Joes.....nothing.....just cheap dollar store Knock-Offs.....I don't even think they are Corps figures.

-Kevin

Do you know when the Black Friday reset is due to take place??? Just curious.........Plus the Wal-mart by me still has no Joes.....nothing.....just cheap dollar store Knock-Offs.....I don't even think they are Corps figures.

Usually doesn't take place until Thanksgiving, or the day before (if the store is closed "Thanksgiving"). For 24-hour stores, I don't know to tell you the truth. But you can bet while drunk-on-turkey, I'm gonna hit my Super Wal-Mart to check, if it's open. :)

-Kevin

I take all corps & other figures off Joe pegs at every store i go to. Sometimes i place a note on peg stating they need to order more and then pegs will not be empty

I know they stick Corps figures on the pegs sometimes just to fill the space.....but the UPC's had been changed too. Thats what I was pointing out........They weren't just filling space they actually made less peg space UPC wise.

We just had a new Target open and I happen to be there out of luck on the day they opened and they had the pegs up and have Wave 1 (since they were probably waiting on stock until they opened), but they did not have a shelf label for the 25th 5 packs though. As far as TRU, they seem to have moved the figures from the shelves to end caps and stuck them on a wire end cap so that the figures could be on pegs. My Tru did a reset and are only using shelfs to display stuff right now. There were a lot of the 5 packs and some singles, all in all it looks pretty stocked (at the time that I went ;) )

My TRU had pegs for singles once and that was the first shipment back in July, zilch since. Except for 5-packs. I checked 2 K-Marts, one had labels for the 25th, well actually it said "10-pack GI Joe 25th Anniversary" have no clue what that meant. The other K-Mart had no labels or pegs for the 25th Joes. Wal-Mart and Target, still have 4 pegs and labels for singles & 5-packs.

I noticed the same thing when I went to work yesterdat too. We went from four pegs to two. They added a new military firgue called Forces of Valor Bravo Team. The figures look alot like the bbi figures and they also have some very realistic vehicles. I guess they figure if they can't get GI Joe they will fill the pegs with something. "HEY HASBRO GET ON THE BALL!"

Oh, I know.

These things are ##$%$#edly hard to find in my small town. The best I got is wal-mart. There are 4 pegs, but never any Joes on them. The most I've ever seen was 2 version 2 Storm Shadows, and 1 Serpentor. Niether Of which I wanted. I've been getting mine off ebay. More expensive, but oh well...

Yeah, I mean from what we've heard from Hasbro....with them "Fixing" distrubution problems and all. You would think that stores would not be taking away shelf space. All the Targets I've been too had 4 pegs......that is a lot of Joes when you think about it. I've yet to see even 2 pegs full.....I found all of wave 3 like 2 weeks ago and since then only a Snake-Eyes and a hooded CC. You would think that Target and other retailers would know if they are getting more stock........to me it looks like they aren't. Granted, the final say is the Christmas set-ups but you know how that could go.

We have a new Super Wal-Mart opening next week. My brother started there yesterday and he said there is not one peg or spot for GI Joes, not even Sigma 6. He said there is tons and tons of Spidey 3 and FF 2 toys. :rolleyes:

I believe movie-related action figures are about the worst thing to happen to action figures ever. They always suck, there are massive amounts of them, and no one ever buys them so they sit on racks forever.

We have a new Super Wal-Mart opening next week. My brother started there yesterday and he said there is not one peg or spot for GI Joes, not even Sigma 6. He said there is tons and tons of Spidey 3 and FF 2 toys. :rolleyes:

I believe movie-related action figures are about the worst thing to happen to action figures ever. They always suck, there are massive amounts of them, and no one ever buys them so they sit on racks forever.

The TF-movie figures moved so quick when the movie first came out...

-Kevin

This is my one fear when the Joe movie comes out, "peg-warmers"

This is my one fear when the Joe movie comes out, "peg-warmers"

Find me something older than two waves ago that's not a peg-warmer three-to-four waves down the line, in any toyline.

-Kevin