GI Joe 25th anniversary question

thisweaksname

Alright, help me make a decision.

I recently picked up some of the 25th anniversary GI Joe figures, and I am only looking to buy one of each, so I either have a choice to open them or keep them MOC. What should I do?

Also, I have a trade thread both in the wish list area of the site and the what i have to trade part of the site. I am looking for Firefly, Beachhead, and a slew of other figures, any help would be awesome.

Finally, who is your favorite figure so far in the 25th anniversary line?

Why?

I vote open them. But I'm also an open and display collector. No reason to keep them in their cardboard and plastic prison. Also, thus far my favorite figure(s) are Firefly, Beachhead, and Snake Eyes v1. They have the classic looks, and are just so damned cool too play around with.

Personally, I'm purchasing a set to keep MOC and opening all the others. I don't know if I'll be able to keep this up with so much more coming out. These are really fun to play with, so you may consider opening them. :)

Open them. My favorites are Beachhead, Firefly and Cobra Air Trooper I bought some Boba Fetts Flames to display them on to go with the convention Starduster and Grand Slam they look awesome together.

I haven't gotten around to opening any of my Legions packs yet... Do they use the "JUMP" backpack? If so, I might have to look into getting one or two of those...

Speaking of... I'm curious if anyone's interested in the non-army builders from the first Cobra box, or Legions box at $3 a piece. :)

-Kevin

I too love the retro packaging so I keep all the single carded figures MOC. I can't really afford to buy a set MOC and a set loose, but you bet if I'm shopping and I come across ones I already have MOC, I'll be buying them (again) to rip them open too!

My favourite so far has to be Beachhead - definitely THE BEST version of this figure.

I did a side by side comparison with his v1 and the 25A in package and I was simply blown away:

1. Never clued into what that red thing was on his shoulder in '86 until 25A hey I was 8 at the time!

2. The rope is realistically sculpted and coloured on the 25A backpack, much nicer!

3. Hasbro even incorporated the crossbow found on his v1 backpack to be removeable on the 25A version! How cool is that?

4. Meaner face sculpt and flak jacket/camo pays excellent homeage to v1

About the only thing I dont like about Beachhead is that he doesn't come with his satchel bag in 25A

Open them. My favorites are Beachhead, Firefly and Cobra Air Trooper I bought some Boba Fetts Flames to display them on to go with the convention Starduster and Grand Slam they look awesome together.

I haven't gotten around to opening any of my Legions packs yet... Do they use the "JUMP" backpack? If so, I might have to look into getting one or two of those...

Speaking of... I'm curious if anyone's interested in the non-army builders from the first Cobra box, or Legions box at $3 a piece. :)

-Kevin

Kev,

PM me and I'll pick em up (of course my ho self has bought 3 Legions sets so far). I am always up for more Stalkers and Beachheads as well.