Hasbro We Want a THOR BAF!!

tarot

Yes I'm back with another addition of Hasbro We Want.(i can hear people groaning already). We have a 3 FF BAF(Annihilus, Galactus and Ronan) 1 Spider-man( the crappy Sand-man), 1 Avenger(Giant-man), 1 Iron-man and Cap (MODOK he counts for both), and god only know how many X-men BAF. I for one am sick of X-men baf, not that i won't still be getting them, but i want something beside a X-men one. So how bout a Thor BAF.

For those who are new here hows it goes. Your pick your top five character (ones worthy of BAF status). the person with the most vote wins.

here a example of what you should do.and it my top ten BAF.

1. Kurse
  2. Ulik
  3. Odin
  4. Surtur
  5. Volstagg.

Note that im only looking for bafs but if you want to include a series do so but i won't be counting them.

please don't lump the rest of us in with you :P

Personally I'd rather get some kind of avengers or another cosmic type figure based off the ANN series :) Hell I'd love a wave or two full of ANN themed figures :) BAF ANN moondragon :P

Enough BAFs. Period.

Or at least if they are going to be like the ff wave that is ... I'd have to opt for less BAF parts and smaller waves... like 4-5 figures at the least ... If they are going to be like that ...

The first two BAF waves did not really work for Hasbro. I attribute this to the poor execution of the figures and also in part to the character selections made. When the BAF series was first started by the other company, at least half of the accompanying figures were somewhat related to the BAF offering. The Sentinel Series had X-characters left and right (Cyclops, Angel, Mr. Sinister, Omega Red, Mystique). The Apocalypse Series featured more X-Universe characters (Wolvie, Bishop, X-23, Sasquatch). Giant-Man had Avengers and New Avengers written all over the series. The Hasbro series figures selections were all over the place. Movie figures that didn't belong were intermingled with the series. What's worse the scales and sizes were somewhat off, Emma Frost had the shrunken face, emaciated body. Beastie looked small. Hercules and She Hulk became 7 footers. And the reduction in articulation and detail were glaringly obvious. That's what spoiled it and people selectively got what they only preferred.

The first two BAF waves did not really work for Hasbro. I attribute this to the poor execution of the figures and also in part to the character selections made. When the BAF series was first started by the other company, at least half of the accompanying figures were somewhat related to the BAF offering. The Sentinel Series had X-characters left and right (Cyclops, Angel, Mr. Sinister, Omega Red, Mystique). The Apocalypse Series featured more X-Universe characters (Wolvie, Bishop, X-23, Sasquatch). Giant-Man had Avengers and New Avengers written all over the series. The Hasbro series figures selections were all over the place. Movie figures that didn't belong were intermingled with the series. What's worse the scales and sizes were somewhat off, Emma Frost had the shrunken face, emaciated body. Beastie looked small. Hercules and She Hulk became 7 footers. And the reduction in articulation and detail were glaringly obvious. That's what spoiled it and people selectively got what they only preferred.

:OT:

@smilepunch@ not really hes simply saying or at least I think he is that the bafs would be better sales in themed characters and waves... hell look at how gaga we are over the ff wave. So far its the series we love to hate from hasbro :) & guess WHAT!! Its THEMED!

@smilepunch@ not really hes simply saying or at least I think he is that the bafs would be better sales in themed characters and waves... hell look at how gaga we are over the ff wave. So far its the series we love to hate from hasbro :) & guess WHAT!! Its THEMED!

really?? i thought he was goin to turn this into a Hasbro VS TB agian. Sorry Anny.

Look at how gaga we are over the ff wave. So far its the series we love to hate from hasbro & guess WHAT!! Its THEMED!

Yeah...but the loathing is centered around the production changes to the figures themselves instead of the themed charecter selection.

Anyway back on topic. Personally I'd be interested in a Thor or Asguardian wave as long as it had a strong charecter selection and hopefully a reissue of that almost impssible to find Destroyer varient.

As much as I'd like Odin.....I really think Ulik would be more "toyetic" Although IF it was just a Thor themed wave...Absorbing or Radiactive Man would really work for me.

I'd be all for an Asgardian/ Thor wave if Hasbro can approach the intricate detailing and paint washes that the other manufacturer did on the Conan and Wraarl or the Darkness. It's not about bashing one camp for the other. They have two schools of thought when they approach their product. One is kid-oriented and go for the glossy cartoonish look while the other one is more geared to realism and darker tone that serious collectors and aficionados prefer, same with the McFarlane style of figures. One caters to consumers that think, oh cool that character's never been done and I'd like to buy it and add to my collection, whereas the more discerning customers look for something like, oh lord, did you see how that character was done complete with that snarl and gritting teeth like in the comic books and how you can pose him in his famous crouch ready to pounce on his prey? or how you can see the creases and folds in his costume and how realistic the colors are with the shadows emphasized by the washes? or how the facial expression shows his intensity and purpose (in contrast to the now oft happy meal face and deer caught on the headlights/ clueless look?). Hasbro, listen up, and wake up!

Up until recently (...the last three to four years actually?) the X-Men were Marvel's cash cow! Now after the success of SM's movie franchise and events like Civil War bringing attention to lesser read titles, It may seem like we're being drowned in a lot of X-Men related items.

But, how do you explain all those people who rave and rant about Wolverine being in every single book published by the House of Ideas, while being Batman & Superman fans? When, at any given time either of them has like eight books featuring them... in any given month?!

But I agree... I've wanted a Sutur since that horrible Giant Man mess... How do we Have Thor, but no trolls for him to fight or Loki to manipulate?