New Hasbrotoyshop catalog lack of Joes!

Zaku

So i got the new Hasbrotoyshop catalog in the mail today. Nice full color slick catalog. Great features on star wars & marvel but........1 crappy page on joes.

Whats worse is it only shows the first 2 five packs and 2 sigma six figures, leatherneck & desert wolf. They don't mention who is in 5 packs.

There is no mention of single carded figures at all.

Great Job Hasbro! A monkey can advertise better!

So i got the new Hasbrotoyshop catalog in the mail today. Nice full color slick catalog. Great features on star wars & marvel but........1 crappy page on joes.

Whats worse is it only shows the first 2 five packs and 2 sigma six figures, leatherneck & desert wolf. They don't mention who is in 5 packs.

If all HTS has in stock, and all they WILL have in stock by Christmas, I think just advertising that is just fine.

-Kevin

If all HTS has in stock, and all they WILL have in stock by Christmas, I think just advertising that is just fine.

-Kevin

Its bull.

They show 2 five packs & 2 sigma six figures. they make no mention of other products. Why show 2 sigma figures from a larger assortment and not show anymore?

Why not show or mention carded 25th at all?

they could say "see local stores for pout larger selection"

It's not A Hasbro Toy Catalog, it's the HasbroToyShop catalog. They're advertising those products to get you to buy them a thier on-line shop. Thier not going to say see local stores for larger selection because they want you to go to them and buy.

It's not A Hasbro Toy Catalog, it's the HasbroToyShop catalog. They're advertising those products to get you to buy them a thier on-line shop. Thier not going to say see local stores for larger selection because they want you to go to them and buy.

Uh yeah they are. I had ones in the past that did.

and when you go to the Hasbrotoyshop, you can't even get all the figures... most of them are not even listed on the website. @lol@

You would think that the Hasbrotoyshop would stock more GiJoe product than my local walmart @lol@.. whateva

Uh.......you do know that those catalogues are usually created and printed up about 6 months ago?

If the selection is skimpy they probably didn't have lot of advanced notice internally to list those items in the catalogues. Those things are usually a few months behind once they get into our hands anyway.

uhhh......yes they do tell you who's in the five pack. They have pictures of the sets with the front open so you can read the names of who's in it. The catalog is just to give you an idea of what's available anyways.

No they do not. The pictures are small and there is no text that says who is in it.

They give other lines way more respect and promotion in it. Star wars and marvel show much more and they show whole assortments. not just 2 figures.

I have a cousin that works for a printer and it can take anywhere from one to three months for something that is printed to reach whatever outlet it going to be used for. That doesn't take in to account however long it took to actually put the catalog together. So your looking at the catalog being put together before the July release of the figure. So the question becomes do you as a company take a risk on a mutli picture or multipage ad for something that may bomb with the buying public or do you use that space to advertise something that is already out there and selling well? Now in future catalogs I would expect more, but then again this is a toy company we're talking about and most (IMO) don't do what fans think they should.

Seriously? There is complaining about this?

Seriously, they show full assortments of the newest spider-man, marvel legends, fantastic 4 and more. But the sigma 6 is 1/2 a page with 2 figures from a larger assortment ant the other 1/2 is 2 25th box sets.

It shows poor product support.

The marvel figures are out of stock more online than the 5 packs or sigma.

uhhh......yes they do tell you who's in the five pack. They have pictures of the sets with the front open so you can read the names of who's in it. The catalog is just to give you an idea of what's available anyways.

No they do not. The pictures are small and there is no text that says who is in it.

They give other lines way more respect and promotion in it. Star wars and marvel show much more and they show whole assortments. not just 2 figures.

On the Joes maybe but the Cobra names are looking right at me in be bold yellow.

It is not the way to promote a line. Poor design.

As was said earlier... This catalog had to be put together months in advance. HTS.com, while owned by Hasbro, is not Hasbro. They didn't have all of the stuff to work with. Next year, I am sure we'll have more than a page dedicated to G.I.Joe.

-Kevin

As was said earlier... This catalog had to be put together months in advance. HTS.com, while owned by Hasbro, is not Hasbro. They didn't have all of the stuff to work with. Next year, I am sure we'll have more than a page dedicated to G.I.Joe.

-Kevin

That makes no sense. That applies to all lines. if that was the case then the star wars & marvel would be the same. There should be at least wave 1 images as those existed as long as the 5 packs.

-Kevin

That makes no sense. That applies to all lines. if that was the case then the star wars & marvel would be the same. There should be at least wave 1 images as those existed as long as the 5 packs.

But if HTS cannot get any more Wave 1 to carry (for whatever reason), why would you put it in your catalog?

You're pretty much asking them to be like Brians Toys... :) "Put this in your catalog so I can see how much it'll cost, but we both know you don't have it, or won't be getting it anytime soon"

-Kevin

-Kevin

But if HTS cannot get any more Wave 1 to carry (for whatever reason), why would you put it in your catalog?

You're pretty much asking them to be like Brians Toys... :) "Put this in your catalog so I can see how much it'll cost, but we both know you don't have it, or won't be getting it anytime soon"

-Kevin

THEN he would be complaining about how hasbro is in "poor form" for showing products they dont have in stock @hmmm@

-Kevin

-Kevin

That makes no sense because that would also apply to star wars and marvel as they are sold out just as much or more.

-Kevin

-Kevin

THEN he would be complaining about how hasbro is in "poor form" for showing products they dont have in stock @hmmm@

If you are such an expert on me why don't you tell the class about what i ate for lunch and who i vote for?

Speculation as sarcasm only shows immaturity. Get a real post.

-Kevin

-Kevin

If you are such an expert on me why don't you tell the class about what i ate for lunch and who i vote for?

Speculation as sarcasm only shows immaturity. Get a real post.

get a real post besides the usual "HASBLO SUCKZ"... everybody is frustrated with product availibility, but as several people before me have pointed out, there is little merit to your complaint...I dont need to be an "expert" on you to observe that.

You are frustrated just like 95% of the fandom, which is justified, but your catalogue complaint really isnt...if you really stopped and thought about it, you'd see what little sense it would make for HTS to have pages full of stuff they dont have in stock. Most people upon receiving the catalogue, expect to be able to purchase advertised product online. Or in the case af B&M stores, they expect to be able to buy stuff in the weekly circulars.

A simple glance at TF boards will show how thrilled people were, when they were not able to purchase advertised exclusives like the Best Buy Figs, and the EVO of a hero set. Another example would be how riled up people get about the Wii, when stores advertise it, and only get in like 5.

If you are one of the few people who are content to look at pictures, and not be able purchase whats advertised, then my apologies,

But whatever...out